You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Crystal Clear Knocking

Real Ghost Stories

Crystal Clear Knocking

 

A couple of years back when I lived with my parents I used to hear knocking every-so-often in my room. I would be in there with the door closed doing whatever at the time. This would always happen when I was on my bed and would always sound like it was coming from the exact same spot. It was about 3 feet above my bed and about a foot from the left of the window. It sounded crystal clear like someone was knocking on my side of the wall and not the outside of the house (as that would have made it sound more hollow). At first it really freaked me out and I just couldn't stay in my room.

After that first time I looked around the outside of the house to see if it was a tree branch since the yard was adjacent to a mango grove and we also had a straggly, dying tree near that wall of the house. Turned out there were no branches that could reach that part of the wall and the straggly tree was too dead and a bit too far to reach it either.

The next time it happened was a bit after the first time. I just listened then and tried to take in what it sounded like and what else was going on. My father, brother and our dog were outside, but they were on the opposite side of the yard by the garage. I could hear the difference from them being off in the distance and the knocking that seemed to be coming from my side of the wall. My mother and sister were in the living room watching some program. I figured then that no one or object was doing it.

The knockings always seemed to stop and let me get on with life, forgetting it even happened. One night I was talking to my then boyfriend on the phone when it happened again. I mentioned it to him but I'm not sure if he could hear it too. I'm not even sure if he believed me though.

At that point I had gotten used to it. I would just look up, wait for it to stop, and continue my business. I'd say that it always happened at night, but that one time where my father and brother were outside was during the day. I think that was the only day incident though.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, persephone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Just by what you have written, persephone, I would say that you had had a visitor that just wanted recognition. I would think (though I am a human, and not of the Spirit world, so I CAN be wrong) that if it had wanted to communicate further it would have not stopped after a fashion, AND knocking may not have been all it did to get your attention.
As you validated it's existence by "... Just look up, wait for it to stop, and continue my business..." Perhaps that is all it was searching for. A bit of recognition.
Thank you.
persephone (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
I don't think it was a water pipe. Whenever someone turned on the shower or flushed the toilet, you could hear it throughout the whole house (it was that old). If I remember correctly I think all the water pipes were under the house. But I never checked myself, so I'm not 100% sure
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
HAHAHA!I know I know! Not my job 😆!But I to think that some things can be explained. Most things can be explained. But there ARE things that can not be explained! Just an opinion 😆.I hope to hear from you soon Burning Flame. Take care 😁
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Ha. ChrisB got here first. I agree with here. Intermittent and in the same spot? I'm going with a water pipe.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Wow this was interesting. Is it possible that this was caused by a water pipe? There are many things in a house hold that can scare someone easily. Pipes are one of them. But it to is possible that this is a spirit trying to comunicate. I wonder what would have happened if you would knock. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
persephone (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Oh yes I forgot to mention that. I didn't want to knock back because I was too afraid it would knock again.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Hello persephone. Since this happened a couple of years ago, I take it that you're not freaked over it, just like some other ideas on the subject. Saying we have eliminated all rational explanations and having determined that it is paranormal in nature. My first assumption would be that a ghost/spirit was trying to make contact with you. I noticed that you never said whether you knocked back in reply, so it would be hard to say whether it wanted to communicate or was just seeking acknowledgment.
Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: