You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Candle Lady And Crying Baby

Real Ghost Stories

Candle Lady And Crying Baby

 

My mother owns a home in Mexico. During my vacation stay there, I had just jumped out of the shower and was getting ready to meet my family in the town square. While I was looking into the mirror, combing my hair, I saw a woman with a white night gown and a candle in her hand as if she were behind me.

When I turned around, she was gone. I ran the heck out of there as fast as I could. That night I asked my cousin Lilianne to come spend the night with me because I was scared. She did.

Around midnight when she was fast asleep, I felt someone come sit down next to me. I jumped to her side of the bed and held her all night. It was a very scary experience. During the same stay, that whole week I would hear a baby crying around the same time each evening. I remember thinking to myself, "geez someone stick a bottle in that kids mouth".

One day I saw the neighbor outside and asked her if she hears a baby cry around 7 PM. She said, no. I asked my aunt who lives next door if she heard the same thing, she also said no. There are no homes directly behind my mothers' house and the two neighbors hadn't heard anything.

I thought it weird so I told my grand mother about it. She said that before that house was sold to my mother, the woman who owned it was the town prostitute. It was said around the town that she was pregnant. When she had the baby, she threw it in the well. (They didn't have toilets then, only holes down the ground) The child was heard crying for a couple of days, but no one did anything about it. After that experience, I stayed at my grand mother's house and refused to be at my mother's home alone.

Other hauntings by monikiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monikiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

UnknownEvil (24 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
hey sad story,... If I was her like I would give him for adoubtion its a better way... BUT throwing a baby into a nasty well... God what is this... Thanks for sharing this with us... Wow you must be freaked out... Rigth
I have a story but I did not write it down
Its freaking out well contact me in girl_dark.evil [at] hotmail.com don't be freaked out from my email its just an email okay seee yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! ❤ 😊 😉
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Sad story. But it does happen in other country too. Time to time you will hear baby cries. And yes it not a cat cry. Some poor place which they can't afford to raise the baby they will do the same thing. And when people past those area they do tend to hear the cries. Do you still visit there?
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Okkkk, where does this woman wearing a white nightgown, holding a candle fit into the picture?
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
wow that is such a nice lady, I mean seriusly who throws a baby down a well?! I would at leasrt give it up for adoption! 😠
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
HEY KimSouthO, If you were 17 and had a baby at the time when your father could disown you and where you could be wiped like 20 times each day and the cops wouldn't call it child abuse. Do you think you would still have a baby. Also the mom and dad could take the baby away. So most likey ether way she wouldn't have the baby. Yes it was very bad the way she got red of it I won't lie to that.
GIRLIE
suziepop (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
that is really weird! Read my storie... And did that really happen? And WOW that is rude no one did anything about it!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
what a sad, horrible story.

We have no way of knowing how old this protitute was--no way of knowing how long she had held her 'position'. Regardless, the baby did not ask to be born, and there fore did not ask to be murdered. So, her being only 17 is not an excuse nor a reason.

I think the true demons are those who walk around as humans and are able to complete such hideous acts as this!

No wonder there is such unrest. I will say a prayer for the baby!

God Bless!
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
That is a very Sad story that is all I have to say, some women are sick.
Thank you for sharing. Very interesting.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Hey Surya, Remmber she was the prostitute in the town she could have only been 17 or youger. So of couse she didn't want a baby because then no one would have had an appointment with her.
GIRLIE
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Hi Monikiss,
I really enjoyed you story. How can any woman / mother do that to her child is beyond me.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Poor Baby. What a horrible existence.
Thank you for sharing this story with us.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
HI, cool story monikiss. Hey Marg I think that the people didn't help the baby when it was crying in the well because no one could do anything. And I think the woman got punsment soon after she thowe the baby.
GIRLIE 😊
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Also,there were other people who heard the baby crying for a couple of days and did nothing about it! How inconsiderate! I just think, this story is indeed sad.😐
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
It's horrible the woman through her baby into the well. The baby had to suffer because of her being so unloving and uncaring towards her own child. How cruel! I believe, that is exactly what you were hearing and, time is just repeating itself of a tragic event that once happened long ago.Thanks,for your story.😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Wow!Very interesting story. I enjoyed reading it. I aswell noticed what Frawin brought up. What help do you need? But thanks for sharring. I hpe to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Hi monikiss. I enjoyed reading your story, thank you for sharing it with us. I noticed that you selected the "I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced" option. What do you need help with? Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: