You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Brookdale Lodge 2

Real Ghost Stories

Brookdale Lodge 2

 

I was invited to a weekend at Brookdale Lodge, Santa Cruz Mountains with Verify Broadcasting and Pacific Paranormal. You bet! I was only tenish when my father took us and I played with that little girl up in the balcony overlooking the dining room. Yeah, that little girl.

To walk back into that dining room was like a walk in the past. I spotted out where I believe we played, but I was continually amazed by the distortion of the years and memories. Stairways were not exactly as I remembered.

While the entire story is located at http://www.packrat-pro.com/travel/brookdale.htm, three events are sharp and clear, and worth repeating.

The Banana Girl was on the balconey

Another hunter located someone to talk to down by the creek. She asked her 'friend' if she was the same girl I played with forty odd (gulp) years ago. The response was clear. Yes.

The same hunter and I were in the pool room, chatting about other things. Like a boom, the distinct odor of bananas assaulted us. She looks at me; I at her, our eyes must have been saucers. We even inspected the bottoms of our feet. The other hunter giggles and says, "Banana candy!" She is right, sweet sticky sweet, distinct banana candy. I took a turn at the wands, it shook me fairly well to have her answer my questions so quickly and clearly.

Last but not least, it was two am in the dining room. I was drawn to the area I just knew Sarah now played, very near where we ate dinner so long ago. Everyone else walked about, you could hear whispers and see flashlights everywhere. Sarah, after she touched my shoulder and laughed, must have sat on my lap for the EMF went crazy on my lap, but no where else about me.

It was a good trip.

Other hauntings by ladyannne

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladyannne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sera (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-02)
Wow,that was hair standing on end awesome. That must have been exciting to know she was still there. And that she remembered you.
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Dear White Buffalo. Stop. Please come to California to tour the Winchester, the Coronado and the Brookdale with me. Stop. Signed, Anne.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
This is so interesting. Thank you again for a wonderful story. I have no idea how close you are to The Hotel Del Coronado, but I tell you, that is a GREAT place to check out. Hmmm, maybe I should tell THAT story someday. **thinking**
It never ceases to amaze me that pool rooms seem to be so active. I know that water is a wonderful attraction, but still. I think it is absolutely marvelous that Sarah remembered you, but it is sad in a way as well. As that would indicate that she may be stuck here and unable to Cross Over. I am just so interested to know if anyone tried to help her.
Thank you again. Beautiful.
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I have never been able to capture an orb or anything remotely like it. <pout> I know someone who has a fantastic picture of a Casper like figure forming on the steps at the Queen Anne Hotel, a favorite place of ours, yet, I have 'seen' nothing on many visits. I do keep trying!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Hi ladyannne. I really enjoyed your story and I can't wait to hear of more of your adventures! Paul Dale Roberts wrote an account of his visit there, I just read it. He gives a lot of detail and tells of Sarah too. He also has what looks to be a good orb photo with his story. I really enjoy your style of writing and investigating. I am looking forward to reading more of your experiences. Thanks so much for sharing.
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Thanks guys! I am headed to Preston Castle this weekend, trying not to expect too much, hoping for everything! EVP, EMF, you name it. Any hints on using the EVP or even the filtering? We have one from Brookdale Lodge I am playing with, but have not been as successful as I like. I think I hear someone answer "What is your name?" with "Doug" but then, it could just be me...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Thanks for an intriguing account. Like FRAWIN, I'll be waiting for your next submission.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Hello ladyanne. Thank you very much for sharing this story with us. I enjoyed it very much. I will be looking forward to hearing about your future ghost hunting stories. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: