You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is My House Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My House Haunted?

 

We've been living in my new house for 3 months, maybe more. I have noticed some really weird things lately. The first month we have lived here it's been okay. I always felt like something was watching me but I shrugged it of like it was nothing, but in the second month I noticed that something was wrong.

My dog Ruby has been barking at something that is the hallway. But, every time we go to see what she is barking at, we don't see anything so we would just feed her a treat to make her stop barking. At night she would start barking again.

I came out one night to see what was wrong and all of a sudden I saw a shadow move really fast! I went to go turn the light on and nothings there! I know I saw something and my eyes weren't playing tricks on me! I went to go tell my mom but she said that I was just being silly!

I then went back to bed and I brought my dog with me. When ever I go to sleep I always see shadows crossing my room. I don't like see them. I feel like there are shadows crossing my room.

One time I had a pen pouch and it held all of my pens of course. I organized them by color and I left the room for about 2 minutes to make toast. When I came back all my pens were scattered all over the floor! Now I'm starting to really scared and now things are moving and disappearing and re-appearing. Now I am starting to think my house is seriously haunted! The house is like 20 or 30 years old. But that's just me. What do you think?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katie_haha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
I think what a few have said here are right. Don't be scared. I don't think they want to hurt you, or even mean to scare you. Maybe they were curious about your pens. Good luck hun! 😊 ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Thank you for sharring this interesting story with us. I believe that some things can be explained. As Frawin said I to believe that feare is causing many problems. You must remeber that most things can be explained but if they can't then I guess there is a problem. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
suziepop (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
i have a same problem! My shoes keep dissapering... What should I do about it? Comment me to tell me!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Hello katie. I don't think that your house is haunted seriously or seriously haunted. I think that you have let your fear get the best of you. Both ladyanne and luvparanormal have given you some very good advice, use their advice to gain knowledge- with knowledge you gain confidence. It takes confidence to conquer fear- Fear is your only problem here. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
katie haha I can understand your fear but from what you are telling us it has not really done much but walk around the house. So, you can't really say that it seems dangerous or a threat Now does your dog just bark at it or does he growl and cry at it like in anger? Animals can sense and see things humans cannot. If your dog is just barking as he would to a stranger than it mught not be anything evil it might just be that he has not seen it before and it is strange to him. Now when you feel things do you fear scared just because it's the unknown or do you feel evil? Because if you pay close attention you can tell by what you feel.
I would recommend to do investigation on the house and the property. Go to your local library and see if you can fina any info have the librarian help you or you can also go to public records they can get you some info there as well.
Also, I don't know what your religious believes are but if you are a christian I would recommend to place a cross in your room and talk to your mom and dad about it too. Don't just tell them that you think the house is haunted in a "matter of fact" way, do it like in a coversational way. " Hey mom you know I wanted to talk to you about something and see if mamybe you have felt the same way" that way you will catch her attention on it and then you can talk.

I wish you good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for sharring!

ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Our dogs have always known about our extra roomers, so I trust your dogs. However, in fourty years of having/being around these guests, I have been touched gently only twice, and my fear was the worst part of it. I think they are bored, truly. Don't be afraid, try to enjoy and investigate, and talk to him/she/them. You can always ask them to move along, too.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: