You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Old Woman And The Ancient One

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Woman And The Ancient One

 

While Abigail is by far the most frequent and personal favorite of my unseen visitors, I do have two more, three if you count the cat. The one we call The Old Woman pretty much stays in the kitchen/living room and concerns herself with the condition of the house. The other one we call The Ancient One, he concerns himself with his own thoughts. Oh yeah the cat, well she acts like a cat.

Even though I haven't actually seen any of these, except for Abigail, I have however heard them and felt their presence. Their appearance, emotions and what little communication I get from them come through my wife. My wife is a non-practicing empathic medium, whose ability I not only trust but rely on.

The Ancient One only comes around a couple of times a year. He/It is a very old spirit, so old that it has forgotten who or what he was. "He" is slow moving and consumed in his own thoughts. It may take him a few days to wander through; time for him has no meaning. We feel that he is aware of us but considers us insignificant, as we would a passerby on the street. When he comes through there is a feeling, neither good nor evil, but of not being alone. When he does come through, we bid him a safe journey and try not to interrupt his thoughts.

The Old Woman, we suspect comes from around the turn of the last century. The wife "sees" her as being 60 to 70, hair up in a bun and her dress not quite floor length. She's not very talkative but when she does it is straight and to the point. Like I have said she concerns herself with the way the house looks and gets upset when things get a little messy. She doesn't get upset with me because I'm the "man of the house" and in her time housework was women's work but her and mrsfrawin has had "words".

I usually hear her in the kitchen/living room moving around and rattling the dishes, when I'm on the computer or after I have gone to bed. I have also noticed shadows reflecting off the wall in the kitchen, like what would be made if a person passed in front of a light. I leave the range light on to act as a nightlight.

The other night at about 1:00 A.M., I was on the computer and I heard a loud crash in the kitchen. My first thought was that darn cat (the live one) of mine had knocked something off a shelf. I rushed to the living room to see what she had destroyed, to find several items that had been on the counter, lying in the floor. I looked around to see where she was hiding when I remembered that the cat was turned outside when the wife left for work. I just assumed the old woman was in a tiff.

I would tell you about my wife's experiences with the Old Woman but those are her experiences to tell, not mine.

Oh yeah the cat, well she acts like a cat.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FRAWIN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Hello Wildone. No I have never seen him, it is a presence. The best way to describe it is, it is a spirit that is so old that it has forgotten who or what it was. I think he just wanders, lost in his own thoughts. When he does come through he is slow moving, like an old man with no where to go and all the time in the world to get there. When you feel him there is no emotion there, about all you can tell is that it's intelligent - neither positive nor negative just energy. Have you ever stood under high voltage power lines and felt the energy off them- how it makes you tingle inside, picture that and add intelligence to it. I hope this helps you a little, it is so hard to put into words what he/it is.
Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Wildone (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-26)
Do you ever see the Ancient One, FRAWIN? If he is just a presence, how do you know when he starts this journey that appears to take a long time for him? Do you think he is purposefully walking through, or wandering? I have been in a place that just felt like something was there. Nothing was ever seen, but it felt as if someone walked past me. Do you know if there is a way to tell if this in an Ancient One? I guess I am just lost in the sound of him. He sounds like an old man just suffling through at the pace that most old men do. Is there a special charactoristic to him? The other guys in your house were described so well, I can tell you are at ease with them. What about this one?
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Hello again Annie. Yes life is grand! Since we can't sit and sip and enjoy each other's company in our homes, at least we can here. Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to hear from you. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Hello faerielike. It could have been the "cat" but she hardly ever gets out of the bedroom. I am glad that you enjoy my stories and I thank you for your nice comments. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Ah...thanks for the warm welcome, Frawin! Too bad I live so far away. I'd love to sit with you and your wife, sip tea and... Wait for the spirits to start stirring! But, I'm here in Maine, in my own haunted home! Ain't life grand?
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
You say that ghost cat acts like a cat... Maybe he knocked over something instead of it being the old woman in a tiff. πŸ˜‰ I found your story very interesting! Love your stories! 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hello Essie. Nothing would make me happier than the four of us to be able to have a good old-fashioned gab session. I think your Dad has excellent communication skills and I also think that he would find that I'm not your ordinary white man. I think that he is probably the only one that TRULY understands how I feel in the presence of the Ancient One and why it is so hard for me to put that feeling into words.
The old woman tolerates me because I'm the "man of the house" but she thinks I'm a "fancy pants" and that I don't have a real job because I never come home dirty. I will touch more on her personality in my next story.
Take Care Essie.

FRAWIN 😊 ❀ 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hi lilblackpom. No, my life isn't too boring, I do spend a good amount of time talking to thin air or tracking a noise through the house at night. Just the other night I thought I heard the Old Woman in the kitchen rattling the dishes. I went sneaking in trying to catch a glimpse of her. I hollered out, WHAT ARE YOU DOING and the only answer I got was MEOW. We had accidentally left the dishwasher door open and our housecat was in it trying to find her a hiding place.
As far as how we know how many they are and their ages, my wife is an empathic medium. I am currently working on another story which deals with this. With her help I will try to explain what she "sees" and how they convey messages to her. I have complete trust in her ability. Take care and I lad you liked the story.

FRAWIN 😊
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Wow! I think you, MrsFrawin, Mama and Dad should sit down and get to talking. Dad says he is not good at getting his thoughts across to "white man", but I think he does good. Life on the rez kind of made him think he wasn't as good as the next guy, but he's a hard worker, and thinker too. He told a story once (sorry Daddy) about an old energy that just keeps rolling through the land and picking up more energy as it went, kind of like a snowball, he said. The more he collects, the more he knows, and that means he is to be respected. I don't know that I would like the lady, not if she is like my great-grandma. She used to be strict.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hello Annie. If you lived close enough you'd be more than welcome to hang out with he Missus and me. We'd put on the coffee and the tea and sit gab until something happened. I have a few more stories that I'm working on. Take care and I'm glad you enjoyed my story.

FRAWIN 😊 😁
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hello Frawin. This is another interesting story to read that you've recently submitted. I don't know what to say except that your life sounds like it isn't boring at all! Lol But how do you know if it is ancient? How do you know how many is there? Thanks. πŸ˜•
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Frawin, I just want to come and hang out at your house with you and Mrs. Frawin! (Though, too bad I'm allergic to "the cat") You have to have some of the best stories I've ever read. Keep on posting!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Hello wanderer. I am glad you enjoyed the story and I appreciate your comment. Yes it is quite an amazing feeling when he passes through- a feeling that I find nearly impossible to adequately define.
Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Hi FRAWIN I really enjoyed reading your story. I'm especially interested in the ancient one. That must be an amazing feeling to have him pass by. The bit about the cat made me laugh.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hello George. With you having experienced being in the presence of an Ancient One, then you can understand why my feeble attempt at trying to describe him and explain what I feel when he comes through falls so short of understanding. As far as the old woman goes I let her and the Missus settle their own differences.
Although it has taken me a long time to accept, I am, have been and will continue to be blessed.

FRAWIN
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hello Chris. You could say that I have a lot of spirits in one house but most of the time they are not here at the same time. Yes the Ancient One is confusing at times but the confusion is all on my part. I don't think he wants anything from me except uninterrupted passage through- which he gets.
I am presently working on mrsfrawin's conversations. Take care old friend.

FRAWIN 😊
racemustang (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
I have only been in the presence of An Ancient Being once in my life, and that time was so sacred, I can not begin to tell you the profound aspects of such a being. Every atom of time is in their composition and they gather more as they go through our lifetimes. The People do not consider them as ghosts, but as leaders. They hold all of the secrets of our past, and the pasts of The Ancestors. And are honored even above The Ancestors. The Old Woman reminds of my Grandmother. She was very picky on how to deal with the household and would often "tell" my partner how to manage hers. Perhaps that is another way she learned so quickly The Ways. You are a blessed man, FRAWIN.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Wow Frank you sure do have a lot of spirits in one house! The Ancient spirit is very interesting. I kind of had the feeling that he is a little confusing. You probably don't know what he wants! Thanks for sharring another great story with us. I was waiting for it and I'm glad to read it. Now I'm eager to Read MsFrawin encounter. By the way say highj to her. I hope to hear from you soon and take care 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
Hello texas gurl. The wife and I try to live by the golden rule and so far it has worked out really well. I have spoken with her and she has agreed to let me publish them. She doesn't have the time to do it herself, so it will be a joint project. It may be a short spell before they are published. I would be very interested in hearing of your experiences, when you get time to tell them. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
texas_gurl_vip (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
Thats good that you ask before useing your wifes conversations. I know a lot who wouldn't. I have some stories you may like once I get the time to post them. I work at a casino and so it's no stoping around here sometimes. Thanks 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Yes Autumn, This is what it's all about and I'm quite sure this Ancient One does hold a great many answers. The question we must ask ourselves is, have we lived enough, hurt enough, loved enough and weighed our self in the balance and found our self worthy enough to recieve.

FRAWIN 😊 ❀ 😐
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Hello texas_gurl_vip. Thank you for reading my stories, I glad you enjoy them. Unfortunately she doesn't clean the house, she tries to at times, she just gets ticked off if things gets out of hand. I will try to get more up on the old woman, either have mrfrawin write it or get her to give me permission to- she is the one who "talks" to her, they are her conversations and out of respect I must have her permission to make them public.
Take Care.

FRAWIN
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Hi Tammy. I will talk to the Missus and see if she will write an account of her conversations or give me permission to publish them. I have noticed the old woman does wait until I leave a room before she starts a piddling and I have noticed too that if I tell her to keep the noise down, she's a lot quieter. I guess that's the way it was in the old days. Yes, I am fascinated with the Ancient One too but I dare not disturb his thoughts. Me trying to talk to him, even if I could, would be like a kindergartener talking quantum physics with a college professor- I wouldn't know where to start. The cat is just like a cat-except you don't have to feed it:) .
Take care my friend and God Bless.

FRAWIN 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Hello burning flame. The only activity, if you want to call it that, is I have felt his/her/it's presence. I don't think he comes to visit me or my home, I think my home was built/put in his path and he just passes through. Thanks for the comment and I'm glad you liked my story. I will be glad to answer any more questions if I possibly can. Take care friend.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Personally, πŸ˜‰, I would love to just hang out and wait for the Ancient One to make it's move. I would love to sit there while it slowly and steadily decided its route this time around.
THIS is what it is all about. And it is the link to a past long forgotten. Oh, the answers that are held in the energy that is its existance.
❀ Autumn
texas_gurl_vip (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
I've read almost all of your stories and I think you have some really good ones there. I have to say tho I want to know more about the old woman. Does she clean up for you to or just gets upset when they aren't done the way she likes them. And well the cat kind explains it self I think lol. 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
It'd be very interesting to know what 'words' the old woman and Mrs FRAWIN exchange. I liked the part about her keeping a distance from you since you're the man of the house. It's what one would expect from a 'woman' who lived in the old days-one who respects the 'old ways'.

I'm fascinated with the ancient one but since he does sound residual, hoping to know more about him is just wishful thinking, I guess.

As for the cat... 😊it's just so typically 'a cat'.

Thanks for a great story dear FRAWIN! I'll be anticipating more accounts in the future!

Tammy ❀
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Great story man. In regards to the entity you call the Ancient One. What kind of activity have you personally observed in regards to him? Why do you think he comes to visit your home?
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Hello Sorcha. I have often wondered the same thing but I would find it rude of me to interrupt his train of thought. I figure he has seen enough on his journeys to occupy his mind. Thank you for reading and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Sorcha (59 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Hi Frawin,
I enjoy learning about your ghostly house-mates! Wonder what the Ancient One thinks about though considering he has been around for hundreds of years.
Look forward to more stories!
😳

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: