You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Girl Afraid To Die

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl Afraid To Die

 

A few weeks ago I left with my parents for a holiday in Denmark. We would spend the two weeks of relaxation in a nice house in a small village at a fjord. It was close to Aabenraa, for people who know the area.

When we arrived, the first thing we noticed was that it was very abandoned. Lots of houses were dark with dust everywhere and bewildered plants in their gardens. It felt all... Horror movie like. It wasn't like this concerned us, see, I must tell you that my dad and I are extremely sensitive to atmospheres and feelings of others. If there were horror-like zombies and evil beings, we would've noticed, but this wasn't the case.

The house was adorable, with a good view over the whole village and the fjord. Too bad we just never saw a bicycle, car or human pass the environment. My room was very small, but cozy and scary at the same time. There was a large bed for two persons, at least ten mirrors and a few paintings of ladies dressed in Victorian clothes, walking on the shores of Brighton with their dogs. The mirrors freaked me out, but oh well; it was only for two weeks, right?

A lot of strange things happened, but those were not the things I wanted to discuss. What I do want to tell is what happened on day nine. I woke up in the morning; saw the sun rising from my window, when I suddenly felt a presence next to me in the bed. Too scared to turn around and see if there was actually someone I could not only sense but also see, I kept my eyes closed and just let the information enter my mind.

It was a little girl, about the age of eleven and she was so terribly lonely. It gave a very distant and empty feeling that almost made me cry. With goose bumps I turned around to face her, but the only thing I saw was a fast flash of her body in a blue dress, lifeless, on her back with some flies collecting around her eyes. Shocked as I was I ran to the living room and squirmed until the awful feeling left me.

As soon as my mother woke up, I told her the story. Normally we would discuss every detail if I had 'sensed' something, but now she acted somewhat strange and refused to continue the conversation about it. How strange. I decided to not tell my dad, afraid to have my experience rejected again.

There were only five more days to go and I tried everything to ignore the little girl. I said things as "hello, will you please let me sleep peacefully tonight", "you should pass on to an other, happy world somewhere else, dear" and "please be kind to me" randomly in the air - something I normally never do. Sometimes I'd still feel her in my bedroom, but then I just left and told the air to leave me alone.

Then the day of return came. Once my parents and I were home, my mum started apologizing. I had to forgive her, because well, her excuse was good and strange. She told me that on one of the first days she'd taken a nap in my bedroom, but felt a terrible lonely feeling and saw a little girl pass. She didn't want to tell me back then, because she was afraid that I'd get too scared to stay in the house. When on day nine she heard about what I saw, she rejected my story, hoping that I'd forget about it and that she wouldn't accidentally tell her story to scare me.

We were both amazed. We had seen the same little girl, who - apparently- wasn't happy at all. After a few days my dad entered the living room and said he had to tell something. He told us that while being in Denmark, he felt awful and was plagued with thoughts like 'what do I do when I die?! There will be nothing, I will be gone. The world will choose a cruel way to make me disappear!" These thoughts that were definitely not his were combined with tragic feelings of emptiness and loneliness. Mum and I told my dad what we saw.

Now the three of us were amazed. Apparently we had seen the same 'ghost', or whatever it was, in the house.

After this I felt a bit guilty, though. Maybe she felt horrible and saw us as company, and we rudely rejected her. I hope she finds a peaceful way to pass to her own happiness.

Other hauntings by Laura

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Laura, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

julle9220 (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-16)
would you mind giving me the adress? I live in denmark and I'm interested in that experience, thx 😁
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-04-25)
Laura,

I made it a point to investigate what the Bible has to say about the dead. Simply put, the Bible teaches us that when human beings die they go to a place prepared for them. THEY DO NOT COME BACK. We simply can not communicate with them. God Himself forbids even attempting to talk with the dead. I could explain, but only if you want me to do so. I do have one question. Is it possible that God has made a mistake and let the little girl remain in this world as a ghost? 😕
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
i feel terrible 4 that little girl, but I would have screamed and ran away if I had seen her...
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
The little girl might have been lonely and afraid to die she might think that she is still alive and seen your family for maybe a family she never had, or possibly could see how close your family was made her feel welcome, but she might be buried around the place or might have died there. Poor little thing. 😢
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Thank you for sharring this sad but interesting story with us. I agree with everyone here that it is always sad to hear about spirits of chilkdren who are trapped in this world. I think that Ladyanne's explanation is the best and got me thinking. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Laura (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
It's possible that she is buried near that house. There were about three graveyards within a range of three kilometres (two miles), but I was too scared to actually visit them and see if there was a small girl along with them.:/
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
First of all I think the little girl did die unexpected. So she don't know she is actually dead, but worries what will happen to her when she does die. I think something may of happen to her in this house and this is where she stays.

So until someone can help her, to know she is already dead and don't have to worry about dying might help her get to the other side, on the other hand she may stay there forever, if it were someone had killed her and she was trying to get away. So many reason this could happen. I think she is burried in or near that home.
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Tonith, sounds like we both like to dig and see the whys and wherewhatalls! Wondering, do children not have the knowledge/thoughts formed along the way that adults do about life, and death, so they tend to get a bit more lost when confronted with a strange event (their death) they were not prepared for? Just thinking...

Laura, thank you for the story. My oh my.
Laura (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Thank you for your kind comments, I appreciate them. (: I still feel quite guilty about it, though, because I'm not sure if I helped the girl.:/
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Well this is a creepy story. I can't believe she made an appearance all three of you within so little time. I hope you had a good time overall. ❤ Jasmin
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
HI, cool story. Well I don't have an awer for your story but I enjoyed it. But it was sad at the same time.
GIRLIE 😢 😊 ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
What is it with these lost souls of children? I can't imagine anything more disturbig than a child lost between worlds. It just seems so cruel. My only explanation for it would be this is not the first time this soul has been around the block and has chosen to stay connected with the earthly plane. I don't know if they have to be convinced to move on or are just being stubborn about it. If you all saw the same thing and felt the same emotions than I guess it wasn't imagined. Some think these are not human spirits at all but imps or demons pretending to be somehthing human and in need. I don't know what to make of it. All I know is it saddens me. If I am ever in that position I hope I have the strenghth to do the right thing and direct it to the Light. You did what you could do and like you, I hope this spirit finds peace.
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
How strange, an interesting story non the less I think the little girl might, be trying to find her family or trying to cross over to the other side, but I can't say anything for certain

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: