You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Aunt Alicia's Couch Buddy

Real Ghost Stories

Aunt Alicia's Couch Buddy

 

This past weekend, as my mother and I were sitting down for breakfast together, my grandmother called to tell us that my Aunt Alicia was sick. Apparently, the entity in her house (in Lamont, CA) had frightened her so severely that it caused her to fall ill. I could only hear my mother's side of the conversation and that alone gave me goose bumps.

When she ended the conversation, my mom told me that only a few days prior, my Aunt Alicia had woken up very early in the morning to prepare my Uncle Ray's lunch before he left for work. After he'd left, she sat down on the couch. Immediately, she realized that an invisible entity had sat down beside her. Scared to death, she looked over to her side and saw the impression of the entity's form on the couch and she could feel its presence. She immediately became ill. She called my grandmother (who is very religious and attends church daily) to help her contact a priest so he may perform a house blessing.

I couldn't believe that there was any paranormal activity in my family. I was a mix of emotions, sad for my aunt's health but also excited at the prospect of ghost hunting at her house. I begged my mother for every detail available.

She said that this wasn't the first paranormal encounter at my aunt's house. They would repeatedly hear a commotion in the kitchen, as if someone was struggling to open the window, climb through it and stumble onto the floor. They never found evidence of anyone breaking in.

Not long ago, my aunt threw a family party and everyone was up and dancing to the music when suddenly the stereo shut off. They struggled to fix it, but it was dead. My quick-witted father exclaimed that the entity had probably had enough of hearing the loud music and wanted us to leave. My mother then began to curse it out loud for ruining the party. They brought another stereo from the house and plugged it in and everyone began dancing again. The rhythm immediately turned into blues again as the second stereo also stopped working. The third stereo they brought out was also short-lived. Out of stereos at this point, the party was definitely over.

My aunt's son Michael was at one time attacked by this entity. As he was lying in bed, it jumped on him and he struggled with it and managed to fight him off. I'm an advocate for sleep paralysis, but the fact that he was able to move during his encounter makes me think it was the real deal and not sleep paralysis.

My father called her later that day to hear about her encounter first-hand. Surprisingly, she denied the latest encounter ever happened. My father said "Ray told me that when the ground was being excavated to add the new addition to the house that two boxes were found. There was a small box and it contained some rings, which you later pawned and another large box. Fearing it could be a coffin, you both decided not to disturb it and pour the foundation over it..."

I could hear her on the speaker phone as my father talked and she denied that story. She acknowledged the window story and the stereo story, but denied everything else. She agrees that there is an entity lurking around, causing minor mischief, but has so far remained harmless to the family.

My first instinct was that she was so scared about what had happened that she was in denial. My grandmother couldn't make up a story like that if she had to. I firmly believe there is more to this story than what my aunt says.

Other hauntings by Monica2010

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Monica2010, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Wow that sounds exciting to be able to go there and see if you can have a personal experience though I would probably feel exactly like your Aunt is right now if I lived there.

I am as much of a pain wuss as I am a scaredy cat of the mostly unknown 😊

I think we can all agree to disagree with the statement made by one of the comment makers and they should probably say "I believe ghosts can't hurt you" rather than throwing all this onto others.

I like hearing what other's BELIEVE and their opinions but not seeing them tell someone what is and what isn't, it's the unknown for a reason and that's because we are all still learning what anything paranormal can do or can't.

I also feel that if girlie is not a troll then they are simply someone without the ability to explain themselves correctly as well as being aware of the comment rules.
What Frawin suggested seemed like a logical possibility that girlie may have been trying to suggest.

Now to get back to your experience (apologies) This sounds like a rather nerve wracking experience and I do hope it only stays a little nerve wracking and does not develop into any thing worse, so I will go read the continued story now and hope that nothing far worse has happened 😊

Wishing your family all the best and good luck ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hello Emma. Thank you for sharring this story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I bet your Aunt is going crazy! She is probably scared like hell so try not to tell her you are going ghost hunting 😉.I think Girlie is giving you some very bad advice. I honestly don't think she knows so much about the paranormal but again who does? All I will say is That Spirits CAN do harm. Mentally and physicaly. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
[at] Emma2008, Girlie made that comment in one of my stories too about Ghost can't hurt you. That statement to me makes me believe she don't really know what she is talking about. She should read more upon Ghost then make a statement.
FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Hello Emma. Thank you for sharing this very interesting story with us. I almost envy you if you do get a chance to investigate at your aunt's house. I believe what Girlie was trying to say was that she believed that your cousin Michael was having an out of body experience and his astral body was having trouble re-entering his physical body and was struggling to get back in.
Anyways I truly enjoyed this story and please keep us updated. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Girlie - not to be rude, but your comments regarding my story were very strange. I never mentioned my brother in this story. I think you are talking about Michael, who is my cousin, as I clearly stated in my story. Where do you get off anyway telling me "ghosts can't hurt you"? I didn't realize you were the top-ranking expert in ghost attacks. Stuck souls? China? Perhaps you should get your thoughts together a little more clearly and provide a more rational explanation as to why you believe in what you do before submitting your posts. I'll be more than happy to listen to your comments and entertain your beliefs, but I'm not going to believe in something just because you said so. The more facts you have about your beliefs, the better chances people will listen to you, understand you and possibly believe you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Girlie,
I am afraid I must disagree with you. There are forms of 'entities' that have been known to do harm to humans. They may not be what one would consider a typicla ghost, however... They are paranormal just the same.

Emma2008,
Thank you for sharing with us. What ever it is that is plaguing your aunts home and her family I hope they are able to rid themselves of it.

God Bless!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
-2
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
HI, I belived in all of the story besides the one with your brother thinking the ghost was attckeing him. Just to tell you GHOST CAN'T HURT YOU! What happen to him was (I don't know how to spell it) something dealed with dreams. Like your brother in his dream went to China and then came back so fast the his soul was stuck. Like part of him was in and the other half wasn't. Ask him if he couldn't breath when this happen. Because that maen I'm right, not to be mean. Over all it was good.
GIRLIE 😁
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
STORY UPDATE! My father told me only yesterday that he learned that my Aunt Alicia had scolded my grandmother for "blabbing" to the family about what had recently happened to her. My instinct about it was correct! She didn't want anyone else to know outside her immediate family. As it stands, my brother and I are inclined to visit her (and do a little ghost hunting) once she'll welcome us to come.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: