You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: An Offer

Real Ghost Stories

An Offer

 

For starters, I'm now twenty one years old but my story was from three years back; when I was 18. I told small details from it to a few others but have always held back the whole story, fearing that it would never be believed. I've always had a firm belief in my religion (I'm a follower of Hinduism). I was a freshman in college at the time, and felt like I was on top of the world. I was (and still am) a night owl; I wouldn't start work until 8 or 9 PM and would keep working until 2 or 3 AM.

The 'event' happened in February. I was in the library with my girlfriend sitting across from me. We both had a multitude of midterm exams in the upcoming week, with Biology being the first. Because our dorm was such a far walk and the weather was freezing at the time, I would just push two couches (the library had basically everything!) together and "sleep" for 3 or 4 hours then wake up and study more rather than walk in the freezing cold at 3 AM. Getting immensely frustrated at one point early in the evening, I joked about how I might as well sell my soul to the devil, as "that would probably be easier than studying enough to pass this exam..." My exposure to the concept arose out of movies like The Devils Advocate, so I was mildly curious as to whether anyone had ever tried selling their souls. I took a study break around midnight and searching the internet showed that a book (I'd rather leave it unnamed to dissuade people trying to follow in my footsteps) had details on the process. Apparently the book was fairly common as the library happened to have an edition of it.

I believe in spirits and ghosts but not what the book was talking about. I thought it was rather idiotic and rather amusing. There was nothing about selling souls but it had chants and rituals that were supposed to bring 'demons' in front of you. I read out of morbid curiosity, then realized I was wasting time and got back to studying. Around 3 AM, I went to nap on the couch and asked my girlfriend to wake me up at 6 (she had decided to stay up with the help of coffee and study more). My couch was about 15 feet away from her.

I then had what I suppose you could call a dream, only it was much more vivid and... Almost alive. In the dream I was standing outside the library and was being called by a dark shape. I got a growing sense of dread at it but almost felt like I was being magnetically drawn to it. As I got closer I realized that the dark shape was actually three individual 'figures', and the closer I got, the more scared I became. One of the three then spoke to me and asked "Do you desire power?" I was too terrified to even think of answering. The three then began laughing, a noise that chilled me to the bone. I could almost distinguish their genders by the voices; two were very deep while one was high, almost like two men and a woman. The woman then said "See what it can entail!" and motioned for me to turn around and look at the library. I did, and suddenly the sound of the fire alarm filled the air. After ringing for around 20-30 seconds, the entire library suddenly plunged into darkness. I screamed "No!" and ran away from the three while they still laughed.

At this point, my girlfriend shook me awake. She told me that I started screaming out of the blue. It was 3:33 AM sharp when I awoke. I was awake for about a minute when suddenly the fire alarm came on. With foreboding, I ran to the stairs with my girlfriend, and within the same amount of time as in my dream, the lights in the library went out. I was nearly hysterical by now, and ran outside screaming (and scaring the few people who were exiting with me). I had left everything inside. The lights came back on within a 15 or so minutes and we all went back inside. I sat at the desk, trying to will myself to forget what had just happened. I then looked at my laptop. When I had gone to sleep, I had exited all the programs except Instant Messenger. No one had touched it since (my girlfriend was sitting across from it and would have noticed). And yet, a word document had been opened. I'll never forget the words it said: "The Offer Remains..."

I never went near that book again. I've never experienced anything paranormal since. And yet, this was without doubt the scariest thing that ever happened to me. I'm hoping someone here can shed light into what it was that had happened. Up until then I had always thought that ghosts couldn't actually manipulate objects or cut lights or set off fire alarms. Then again, I don't think I was dealing with ghosts...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, baller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tomtomjh1983 (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
Spirits can and do manipulate objects in the physical world. It would be foolish to believe otherwise. Their strengths are diverse and varies, all depending on the spirit at question and what that spirits is trying to achieve.

However in order to interact with the physical world an energy source from a physical being is nearly always a requirement to achieve it's desired outcome. Though to be honest I can't say to what exactly it was that you encountered. All I ask is that you show caution when confronting unknown entities. Stay safe!
darkfoxHammerthall (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
oh and to further add no my friend wasn't selling either just curious as to how. I know some would ask or think it so it was best I go ahead and answer before it comes up. Sometimes a person does indeed get curious about things you know if a person didn't we would never learn anything. Sometimes to actually know things for what they really are you got to know both sides of it where good or bad you got to look at all sides of things to get the whole picture
darkfoxHammerthall (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
and to add no was not trying to sale my soul when I read the books. Someone asked me how it was done when we were talking about it. I don't remember why we were talking about it been a while. So I read a little to be able to answer their question.
darkfoxHammerthall (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
ok first and foremost a person cannot assume that the beings were satanic in origin they could have been anything. No proof of that at all. There are other beings that use the gusie of sale your soul but be in another real of being compleately. Hell for all that a person knows sounds like described shadow people except shadow people aren't known to make contact. What ever it was was very dark and very powerful. They must have been in dire need to make such direct contact. They do have the power to grant power beyond your wildest dreams. Yet the cost is even further beyond what you can even dream. If it was me I would tell myself it was nothing but a dream and move on with my life. I have read a few books on selling ones soul and have never came into contact with such things only bs stories. That book must have been something more and the creatures in dire need but in the end its best to move on and not dwell on such things.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Now that you are a follower of Hinduism and that you are aware of ghosts and paranormal, there are some rituals that exist in Adharvanaveda wherein you can always summon demons, devil, ghosts to appear before you and to do some errand. These rituals are followed even now in some parts of our country, India, especially in interior parts of Kerala. But, one aspect is that we should not become addicted to such acts, otherwise we indirectly become slaves to those ghosts. This has happened to several persons, who ultimately ended up losing their lives. Hence, we should be quite careful and without any clear knowledge about this particular field, which is quite sensitive and somewhat dangerous, we should not pursue the path of summoning the ghosts or asking for favours from them. In any event, should there be an offer, reject it.
SCAngel78 (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
If you open a door, Satan will use it. A note to all... Be careful what you let into your mind, through books, tv, or life style.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
Your experience is vivid proof of satanic power and presence.
As paranormal literature and history generously shows, occult literature is a catalyst and a portal for demonic spirit contact.
The traditional "ghost" concept has nothing to do with a Faustian manifestation of this sort. The book you were reading is a Ouija board with pages and a cover on it!
Glad you are unharmed.
I suppose you and occult literature are now permanently distant acquaintances.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Congratulations! You are my 100th comment post! 😆 I think your story was great and it and the comments left here serve as a good warning to those who are thinking of dabbling with something they cannot control. I hope that you did nothing more just by reading some of the incantations and that the beings that were drawn to you stay well back and do not do things to try to tempt you! 😐 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Thank you Gary, (please excuse the use of space on your page, Baller)
It always makes me a bit nervous when I read about these kinds of interest. Maybe it is just as what I have lived through is not really something I would want others to HAVE to experience.
I would also enjoy talking with you. I am available anytime you want to fire off an e-mail, or I just look for my name in the comments before starting reading on the story page.
Peace and Thank you.
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
to whitebuffalo, In response to: "And Gary, I DO hope that you are mindful of what you "share", some things were simply not meant to be mutual experiences. This is not a "club" that most people could handle being a member of. "

I'm ever mindful and diligent to make sure that other readers are safe. Thank you for your concern. I do hope to converse with you sometime, I would love to for you to share some of your knowledge.

And to Baller:

I have replied via email.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
You sure are welcome, Baller. I thank YOU for the dialog. I looked forward to seeing a comment from this story with my name on it all these days. I wonder if we were to collaborate ALL of both of our stories (😉) we may have things rather close.
And Gary, I DO hope that you are mindful of what you "share", some things were simply not meant to be mutual experiences. This is not a "club" that most people could handle being a member of. 😉
baller (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Gary, I sent you an email.

And I appreciate the warning whitebuffalo. I'll be sure to stay on the look out.
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
in reply to what you wrote
"In what way would the book help in your college studies?

I omitted the books title for a reason. The last thing I want to do is to help people who seek this sort of power. That would invariably make me partially responsible for what they then did with it, and I doubt it would be the kind of behavior I'd want to be responsible for..."

I'm posting my story in the next week or so. It's not unlike yours, I want to know if my book has the same title...
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Wow this is a creepy story. I have read some scary stories but this one is giving me some chills down my spine! I was scared reading it! I would listen To Whitebuffalo. She has gone throgh a lot and knows what she is saying. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
Oh, Baller, you are calling me out.
Good form.
Yes, that IS what I did. When I was going through the period of tutelage in my younger years for a religion that I will not name, I was being taught the differences of the "elders". All of them had different "specialties". Some only dealt with the evil in the world (both physical and spiritual), some dealt with the good, some dealt with animals (non human types), some dealt with vegetation so on and so forth.
When I was in the part of the training in which I was covering Spirituality, I thought that should I have the ANGELS on my side, the Demons would HAVE to fall on their knees in respect. After all, ANY one who knows Anything (😉) about when the world started KNOWS that it was all started innocently. (I told you I was arrogant) Would it NOT be in MY BEST INTEREST to have the Heavenly Hosts singing for MY protection?
But then, I was POURING over the text. Every waking free moment I had, I was in the text. There was a pull as I HAD tried a few of the incantations. And I DID have results. Good ones.
My last comment? The second paragraph? That was ME, not some unnamed individual. That was MY mistake. And I have been striving to correct it ever since.
Like some of the others have stated. The Offer is ALWAYS open once it has been given. So you must ALWAYS be on the look out for the hidden meanings in things.
Good form, Baller. Good form.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
Very good story! Sadly, I think I know a few people who would take that offer with no hesitation (only to find out later what the real price is).
A soul is worth more that mere Earthly powers that concern man. Why are humans so easlily fooled into making a trade such as the one offered you?
Again, great story and thanks for sharing!
baller (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
No matter how hard my life ever becomes, the offer isn't something I would ever take. Being owned by a devil isn't worth any cost.

One thing I neglected to mention was about the book itself. It was supposed to have been originally written and used by none other than King Solomon, and it promised that the instructions within would force the beings to obey the conjurers will. I thought it was hogwash then but I think that is the biggest thing that causes people to actually try out the rituals within; the misconception if they follow the precautions they could tame the beasts. I still shudder to think of the damage I did by just opening the damned book, but I can see why people who didn't have something like that happen to them immediately would then actually summon something. Its amazing to think our arrogance is so high that we believe we can summon demons and then tell them to behave.

Additionally, the book spoke of summoning angels as well, via different chants/rituals. Is that what you did whitebuffalo?
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
Hello baller. I would be afraid to say if your encounter was a dream or vision but you know the word document was real. The offer will remain open----be very careful not to accept. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
matticus (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
DON'T EVER ACCEPT THAT DEAL... PROMISE ME! He will own you... You may have power for some time but it will go and he will own you. This may very well be the devil or one of his greatest minion thingies. Please pray for forgivness if your christian. But if your not I hope your still well. Good luck and please post more of these things if it ever happens as many people on this site will know what to do. 😨
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
Brave? No. Just very, very stupid. I had read enough to think I was invincible, and that nothing could stop my human form. I was cocky, and arrogant, not to mention flippant about MANY things. Once I had finally realized that these beings were not "messing" around, and this challenge was "for keeps", it was almost too late. Thank The Great Spirit I had a bit of intervention.
As for your last sentence. That is the pull. IMAGINING what could happen if the phrases are said with feeling, if the ingredients are gathered with care, and the pictures are painted with clarity. For some, they simply see that it CAN be done, and strive to see more proof. Then more proof. Then maybe they pull in a few buddies to "check out what I can do". Perform a few "parlor games", and you can have strong friends wowed for life. Trouble is, that is no life to have to live.
Curiosity is natural. But sometimes the "tip of the iceberg" is all that is necessary to point to the destruction that is possible just below the surface.
Brave? No. Just very, very stupid.

I believe that the White Figures WERE angelic beings.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
I don't know how true this story is (mine not yours) but when I first became a BA Christian, others would tell me stories of what demons could do. I don't know if it was to scare me or set me straight. One of the stories was how one night a teen who wanted very badly to be a rock star, had a visit from a demon who promised him fame if he signed his name in a "book", but he was scared and sent him away. The next night the demon came back with others and made the offer again. The teen took the book and looked through it to see several famous person's names in the book, people who you would think were pillars of the entertainment field, not just hard rockers or known druggies, he was so surprised to see how many people signed the book. He was too frightened to sign and again told them NO. After that he was too afraid to sleep in his room and started to sleep on the couch. I don't know the ending to the story, if they came back or if he signed but I do remember telling my teen son the story and he told me, that he was curious about the events and one night he made a similar statement and that night he saw demon type beings in his room, he cast them out and never tried summoning them again.

So I feel what you experienced was more truth than a dream.

Be careful what you wish for...

A young guy that worked at the same company I did told me that he did a "money spell" and money came in like crazy but shortly after he met with money problems, had his account hacked, went to jail for bad checks and his girl left him so a person might have good fortune in the beginning but you pay the price at a later date.
Motherpann
Krysteen (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
When I was about your age, I had a similar library book experience. Although, I didn't have the 3 figures, I had enough to deal with. My best guess, mainly elemental demons. HORRIFYING to say the least. I added my experience to this board as well. I don't recall the name of the book I encountered. For that I am thankful. I wouldn't share the name if I did either.

I have had 2 dreams over the years, same "guy" in both. We are in a dark place. I can see him in the dark, and he is blacker than the darkness. I know his name, and we discuss my soul, and end up fighting for it. For lack of a better explanation, we grapple. Dream over, as we are at a standstill. I can't overpower him, and he can't have my soul and I try to run from him.

The craziest soul stealing dream (like those fights weren't!) was seeing 2 deceased relatives, who had solid black eyes, and were mute. Best guess, they both lost their voices due to the whoppers they told in life, which were AWFUL tales and falsehoods.

Long dream short:: I was with my sister, and we see these relatives standing there, mute. My sister looks at me and says, "You have a demon on you, trying to pull off your halo..." In my dream I look in a mirror, and there is a demon standing on my shoulders, using both hands to try and pry this white orb from my head. The demon was emaciated, had pointed feaures, and was wearing a black & red suit, including, coat with tails and old button up black spat shoes. I just remember being pretty mad that this THING dared stand on my shoulders like some acrobat and try and steal my soul!

Not to hijack your thread, but mercy, do I know that library book experience, with just a little different twist to the story! Dreams or not, it scared me pretty good.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
That really Spooky and sound like you just create a dream to make it come true...
baller (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Gothgirl, I had no idea about the "10 years" thing. I'm pretty sure that in exchange for the power they wanted something from me that I was by no means willing to give (most likely my soul), but I had no idea it was THAT business-like.

Lisa, first of all your diction made me laugh quite hard 😁 the demon hanging out in the library, Terrifying Trio etc. You don't think I've extended them a lifelong invitation do you? I thought I was pretty firm in establishing that they are NOT something I want to deal with and that their power isn't anything I want. Yes, its true, I am a little prideful and I want material success and recognition but I'm 100% sure that I want it through hard and honest work, not through demonic shortcuts. Today I have an absolutely amazing job lined up right after graduation, and I got it by working hard in my classes and learning and internshipping. Not by making deals with fiends.

Whitebuffalo, unfortunately we as humans seem to be incapable of learning from others. Despite seeing a sign on a bench that reads "Wet pain" we still invariably touch it to make sure it really is wet. I'm sorry that you too were once in my shoes. I must confess, you are a very brave person to talk with those three. I don't live my life in fear; I've been in a rock climbing accident that almost killed me, yet I didn't have an ounce of fear through the whole ordeal. But those things did. I truly felt like they shook me to my core. I have no idea how you had the strength to converse with them. I just ran like hell in my dream. Thank god they never visited me since. And white figures you say? Were those angelic beings? Additionally, if this much harm arose out of merely reading the book... What could have possibly happened if the actual rituals described had been carried out?
whitebuffalo (guest)
-1
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Yes, baller, something quite similar to this DID happen to me.
I have seen The Three Dark Figures, and have conversed with them. In my ignorance I thought I could war with them and attempted to do so. I thought that I KNEW all of the "answers". Problem is, just because you know the words to say, does not mean that you live the words worth.
Then here recently I have ALSO seen The Three White Figures. In that instance, which was a totally different situation, I did not speak directly TO them, I only made a comment out loud. "Oh no, what about my Children?"
I KNOW both exist. And to challenge such beings is nothing short of fool hearty. And yet so many think there is no harm in reading the text.
I guess the two of us are LIVING proof that there IS a harm in seeking out certain knowledge.
Thank you.
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
baller, I doubt that there's a demon hanging out in the library. What I'm echoing is St. Peter's contention - evil exists, and it's always looking to make an inroad into our lives. When you opened the book and started reading, the Bat-Phone to Hell began to ring. The Terrifying Trio answered the call and paid you a visit because you had made a concerted effort to seek them out. You INVITED them into your life, although you probably weren't completely aware of what you were doing.

Also, it's very interesting that they offered you POWER. It's the same thing that Satan offered Jesus during His 40-day regimen of fasting and prayer following His baptism. (I'm not drawing a parallel between you and Jesus -- just making an observation. Like White Buffalo wrote, it's in our nature to want it ALL, and Satan knows it. He panders to our vanity, jealousy and greed, so it's best to keep those things in check.)

Peace, my friend.

Lisa
gothgirl (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
so he wanted to make the deal with you...
You know a ghost is one thing but yes that was something els... If you did make the deal you would have got what you wanted, but ther was one thing you left out of your storie... The ten years part... See he wouldn't just make a deal like that. He would make sure of what would belong to him once that "pass by date" come and you can SO believe me when I tell you. You whould have had power and I mean great power, but only ten years... And yes I mean like in ten years on earth. Dont ask me how I know this, I just do... And remember his deals is nothing like the kinde we humans make

:-) xclent to know you didn't make the deal, just remember that he is not stuiped and just like your God he also is a god and he wil also know what's going on in your life (money wise, a breake up, bad marks) so just be aware becourse he wil always be in the back of your mind try to get you to sighn on the dotted line... And once you did there is no turning back... Only hell to pay.
baller (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
In what way would the book help in your college studies?

I omitted the books title for a reason. The last thing I want to do is to help people who seek this sort of power. That would invariably make me partially responsible for what they then did with it, and I doubt it would be the kind of behavior I'd want to be responsible for.
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
This story was incredible! I would like to know the title of that book though, the knowledge within would prove very beneficial to my recent college studies. If you would help me with that my email address is in my profile.

Thanks again:)
baller (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Nothing out of the ordinary has happened since this one incident. One of the temples that my family believes in is in India and accessible only by a long trek up a mountain. We donated a significant amount of money to the temple and the priest there gave me a blessed silver bracelet with something called Rudraksha beads intertwined. It is supposed to ward off any sort of evil. I used to keep it in my room; after this, I started wearing it and have only taken it off when I play contact sports. I also wear a rakhee, a thread tied on one's hand by your sister, that symbolizes sisterly love and is tied once every year, that protects you from anything malovelent. By chance, my rakhee had fallen off a few weeks before the incident and I had left it in my desk, not bothering to retie it. I think these two things have kept me well protected from whatever made the offer.

Lisa, do you mean that there perhaps may be a demon residing in the library? Or did it come there virtue of me opening that book?
Whitebuffalo, I also had a bound copy. I only found the name on the internet; the university library had one in its "special collections" section. Did something like this appear to you too?
Maung, they merely asked me if I desired power. Would agreeing have given them my soul?
JamesRobiscoe, I agree with you wholeheartedly. That is the concept of karma with which I was raised from birth; if I did good, good would be done unto me. If I did evil; likewise. I just never imagined evil as a tangible entity; always thought it was a mental thing.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: