You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hunted Job Corps

Real Ghost Stories

Hunted Job Corps

 

When I was 16 years old, I attended Cincinnati Job Corps, (in of course Cincinnati Ohio) from the years 2002- 2003. Now let me explain this to you, this building that all of the students, including myself resided had a lot of history. The Underground Railroad ran under it, nuns lived there, it was a hospital, and then it became Job Corps. I mean the place still literally looked like a church.

Well rumor had it that the building was very much so haunted. My first couple of days there were okay, nothing out of the ordinary, which was until we were leaving a week later for summer vacation. My friend Alyssa and I were sleeping in the last room on the dorm hallway since it was empty. Wait very important no one was out of their room on the dorm; if they opened or closed the door you would hear the opening and closing of the door. Well like I said we were lying down laughing and giggling, and we heard someone Ssh us. But it was definitely inside the room, and it was neither one of us.

Although it shook us up, we paid it no mind. About 20 minutes later we fell asleep, but were awoken to the sound of heels clacking on the floor, but it was people wearing heels not a person. (Also our RA didn't have heels on that night) We both sat straight up, looking wide eyed at each other. Then all of a sudden outside of room we heard voices, they were inaudible, but you could hear the voices. Me and Alyssa jumped up at the same time, opened the door and to our surprise no one was in the hallway. We both tried to give it logical explanation and then went to sleep. When we woke up we both had welt all over our body like someone had beat us with a ruler, the one on my hand was the worse it was sore.

We stayed gone for summer vacation for two weeks, when we came back things was normal for about two weeks again and then the activity started back up. I had to go the emergency room because of chest pains; I was at the hospital for two hours. When I came back to the center it was about two o'clock in the morning when I returned. I had to walk up four flights of stairs to get to my dorm. On the third flight I had seen a black figure running up the steps behind me. I flew up the last flight and banged on my dorm door in tears, screaming for someone to let me in.

When the girl in the first dorm opened the door, I looked over the banister and nothing was there.

A couple of days later I was using the bathroom (which I hated being in there by myself, and I heard someone open the stall door (the main door was propped open with the trash can) and flush the toilet, but when I looked down I could not see any feet Mind you the door never opened for them to walk out. That was not the only bathroom incident, I was also taking a shower one day and the water split up like someone was standing in front of me, then all of a sudden the water turned ice cold. I grabbed my towel and ran out, especially since I was basically done with the shower.

The last incident that I can remember was lying in the bed it was around 3 0'clock in the morning. I head someone roof dragging what sounded like a heavy piece of wood. The sound would get close, than closer, than as soon as it would seem as if the person would walk past my window the noise would fade back out. I couldn't go to sleep for the entire night, early in the morning, I was talking to my best friend room mate (her room was right next to mine), and she told me she heard the same noise and it had kept her up all night also.

That is one of the last incident that I could remember if I remember anything else I will keep you updated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, esha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Do you recall any trees being near the roof as it could possibly explain the brushing of wood along the roof sound, especially if it were windy and branches could reach the roof.

But sounds creepy! 😆
shy_n_kind (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
Right now I'm attending the LBJ Job Corps in Franklin NC. I'm going through the same kind of thing right now. I haven't gotten hurt, but there has been a lot of activity in our dorms. These experiences have really boosted my belief in ghosts.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
This is a very creepy story. Obviously this spirit is not friendly...it's actually hurt you. I've always been told that ghosts cannot hurt you, but I don't believe that anymore. Too many people claim that they have. If I were you, I would just be glad that you are out of there.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Wow this was a very interesting story. And to that it was a little creepy. I'm glad that whitebuffalo will help you on this one. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
As far as something having to do with the Underground Railroad, I was wondering if there had been anything that you could have identified as coming from that point in time. That was a time of great emotional turmoil. MUCH more dramatic that Nuns in parochial school, and hard labor in the Job Corps. I was just wondering, as you mentioned that this building was PART of The Railroad if there was any residual activity from that.
I am not sure what you would like me to SPECIFICALLY ask. Maybe the sounds of wailing, of people shushing someone, the scamper of feet, the smell of mustiness, (the quarters were extremely cramped in some cases, B.O., I would imagine was a BIG problem) Pounding on doors, screams in the night. Anything that would signify remnants of a past time. I only asked as you made the reference, I half expected to hear SOMEthing about it.
Thank you.
Thank you.
esha (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
BUFFALO, when you say is there anyhing about the underground railroad I could pinpoint, can you be a slight bit more specific? As far as the documentation, I never took any photos that I can recall and if I did they are probably lost in the wind due to all the moving I did.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
Hello esha. It certainly sounds like your time at the Job Corp was interesting, if not downright dangerous. Thank you for sharing your story with us and I would be interested in hearing about any other experiences you can remember. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Wow, sooo, it sounds like most of the occurrences dealt with the nuns (I would assume that is what the reference to the ruler welts was about) and the Job corps (the roof dragging). Anything regarding The Underground Railroad that you could pinpoint?
Also, do you have documentation of the ruler welts that you woke up with? That would be some awesome proof.
Thank you for the story

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: