You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Was It A Spirit Sent To Help?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It A Spirit Sent To Help?

 

Last Sunday I had stuff happen for three nights in a row. Sunday started with voices of three people in my room arguing-two male voices and a female. I sleep with my TV on and my I-pod on to drown out the silence.

My i-pod turns off when I'm done listening to a play list and my TV was on mute so I can watch it but listen to music as well. Complicated I know but that's how I sleep.

The thing is though about a month before this happened I was woken up in the middle of a deep sleep by a male voice yelling my name in my ear. My dog was sleeping at the bottom of my feet and she even jumped when I jumped. She was looking all around the room but there was nothing but darkness-this was about 3am so I knew everyone was asleep. I blew it off and went back to bed.

Then Sunday when I heard the voices arguing at the foot of my bed one of the male voices sounded like the one that yelled my name. He was arguing over with the other two but I couldn't hear what the conversation was about. This started around 11:05am and lasted about five minutes.

The second night I heard shuffling around in my room as if someone was walking around my bed, once again around midnight or so. The shuffling was so loud that I couldn't sleep.

The third night was the scariest night for me. I had trouble falling back to sleep after this. But once again I was in a deep sleep when I started feeling my body shaking like tremors going through my body. I was shaking so bad that I thought my bed was shaking. It wasn't though. It got worse cause I couldn't breath-it was like I was trying to catch my breath but nothing would give. I felt a deep pressure on my chest like something was keeping me from breathing. I couldn't move my body at all. I tried moving my arm then about two minutes later I was able to move my right arm. It was like my left one was stuck to my bed. The whole time, I was having trouble breathing.

Shortly before this happened, I heard a knock on my wall above my head board which kind of woke me but went back to sleep then this started up. I started to get my breathing under control by breathing in and out to calm myself. But I still couldn't move body that much. That's when I heard a loud a bang on the same wall. That's when I was released so to say from all that pressure. My breathing got under control. Everything was back to normal. This lasted about ten minutes. I could hardly sleep at all that night. I remember while dreaming I was telling myself to wake up but I wasn't waking up I just laid there trying to and telling myself to wake up. I've never been that scared as I was that night. I could remember thinking to myself that if I don't wake up something bad is going to happen.

I need help to figure things. Any ideas I welcome them greatly.

Other hauntings by Maliceb

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maliceb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SupernaturalWaffle (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
that must and had gotten to be the most scary thing in your life, right? I would be so scared.
ilikespirits (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
try setting up a web cam in your room at night... Maybe the woman spirit was sent to save you from the two men. Or maybe one of them is trying to get you and the others are trying to protect you or something along those lines. That would explain the arguing and then then pressure exprience. But the webcam will help. You will catch some type of shadows or movements or sounds on it. Good luck on new house!
Maliceb (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Interesting we are now going to move so we will just have to wait and see if I am being followed. Also I've made pretty darn clear that it can't follow or stay in the house when we move. So I'll you keep guys up to date on the out comes.
Priya (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
For me I had until I was 22 yrs... As years went frequency of visit reduced. Even I shared the room with my sister, those nights I can feel the image entering the room, crossing my sister bed and reaching me.
I really don't know how it went.off... But I used to get only in my native home. Later I went to hostel. Few months back I slept in the same place where I used to, but nothing came! You try changing the direction of the bed, some would say that you are sleeping on the way of the sprit. I will soon write a story which my parents used to experience in my native home soon... But they expereience a female spril and found that tobe a female one. Mine was a male. Donno, if a complete family of sprit were living in my native home, but so far they have protected us... No harm!
Maliceb (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Honestly I don't how I got through the night I'm surprised I did I pretty much just went back to sleep. I'm so used to stuff happening that I just deal with it. But we are now going to move hopefully it won't follow me again but I have a bad feeling that it will. I'm 20 going on 21 and I have these things happen or similar things happen since I was about 8 or 10 years old. So a long time now. But nothing to this extreme.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hi Maliceb,
Wow, How did you get through the night? I don't know much about attention seekers, if it is any consolation, I have started sleeping with candles on in the bedroom, the radio on and sometimes the hallway light is left on, just so I don't have to listen to all noises I hear at night. Hope things get better for you.
Priya (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Pls the story is not a fun. I don't know your age but it happened to me when I was 16-20 yrs; And I had this every night. On nights after that night mare I will think I should not sleep the next day, but when I wake up in the morning I will be strong and next day night also I will sleep in the same place. Ops... My God bad experience. But now I don't get that night mare.
When I check with my aunty she said, some times some ghost choose people for their own (to have sex) and so they visit every day or when ever they wish to that person. All those nights when I had that experience will be like being slept with somebody...: (
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
Hmmm, just HOW many times have you moved and this same (or similar to it) thing happen?
Maliceb (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
I kind of got the feeling of being extremely afraid through the whole ordeal. But after everything ended I felt safe and unafraid which was random for me. I don't get scared very easily. But scince then I'm afraid to let them through I don't know how to handle it. I have a friend who has ESP and goes through the same things I go through. We have just had an offer on our house so we can move. My parents don't know about what goes on I'm afraid they might think I'm crazy. Which is normal I guess to feel that. I'm nervous for when we move that it will continue. Cause everytime we have moved it does. Anyone know how deal with this stuff so I can control my own emotions let me know. I want to help who ever or what ever is trying to get my attention or anything I can do. Thanks for the comments its helping to keep things clearer keep them coming please.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
Hello Maliceb. I believe that buffalo is correct in stating that this was an attention-getter but I think it goes deeper than that. You stated, "I sleep with my TV on and my I-pod on to drown out the silence". This sounds like attention distracters, like you are trying to take your mind off of certain things. How long have you been seeing and hearing things at night, longer than 3 days I would say. Something or someone is trying extremely hard to get through and you are trying equally hard to prevent it. Only you have the answers.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
I would say, just by what you have written, that this was more of an attention grabber than someone (s) arriving to help you. It sounds more like they were trying to say "Hey, listen up. We have been trying to be loud for a reason..."
It sounds like it worked. They got your attention.
Thank you.
luvrupurt (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
That is freaky. And no I do not think its there to help. When you had that encounter what did you feel as in emotions other than afraid because if it was anger then it isn't a good spirit. I don't know what you should do, but it definitley isn't there to help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: