You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: More Clear Creek Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

More Clear Creek Ghosts

 

As you all may or may not remember I submitted a story some time ago about the ghosts of clear creek. I am back with yet another tale from my time that I lived at Clear Creek.

My grandfather was not really a believer in the supernatural nor was he one to really stretch the truth, yet he would tell me a story on many occasions of how there was once a man who used to be a miner (Clear Creek was one of the few places where gold was discovered in the city of Bathurst). He used to like walking the creek on the property as his route home to the miners' shack he was staying in, as it was a relaxing way to end a hard day's work.

One night when he didn't return home many of his work mates decided to go and have a look to see where he had been, many of them thought that he might have tripped and fell into one of the steep holes that were out there. After hours of searching they could not find any trace of their friend nor could they have any clue as to where he had gone.

Days and months passed and still nobody could find where he had gone, even his family had not heard from him. Until one night two miners were walking back home and decided to take the same route as their missing friend had taken months before. It was at this time that they saw a shadow figure standing on the bank of the creek on the opposite side. The figure started to walk away and the two miners started to yell their friend's name as they were certain that it was him.

With no reply the figure continued to walk in the opposite direction, before finally disappearing right before there eyes. The two men were spooked and ran back to alert the other miners, and of course was passed of as just another made up ghost story by two drunken miners.

This is what I also thought of the story until six months ago. I am a smoker so I would go out to the back porch of the clear creek farmhouse to look at the night sky and enjoy my smoke. From the back of the house where I would stand, you would have a perfect view across the back paddock right down to a part of the creek. Suddenly from what seemed to be out of nowhere I saw what looked like a figure standing in the distance.

Alarmed I called out to my uncle to come and witness what it was that I was seeing. My uncle and I continued to stare at what we were not sure was a stranger or a spooky apparition. After what seemed to be ten minutes of staring the figure slowly started to vanish!

Ever since then I have gone hunting for answers as to what this could be, myself and many others have continued to see what seems to be this shadow figure appear many times.

I am currently writing a book at present called "GHOSTS OF CLEAR CREEK" filled with many of the ghostly things that go on out there and I am filling it with as many pictures as possible.

I would really love to hear some feedback as to what other people think that it may be.

I also thank many of you for sharing your personal stories with me and allowing me to have them published, and thank you for all your support.

Any question about ghostly happenings that you want investigated, please feel free to email me, or even if you have a question about my book, feel free to ask.

Lukehorter (at) y7mail.com

Until next time L.J. TIPPET

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gawrack, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-12)
Has a book been published yet? Being Australian myself I would love to have a read as I find it rather interesting, The good ol' out back
😊
I agree with burning_flame87 about the spirit possibly trying to show people where his body is/was.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
hey, that is an interesting story. Maybe by some chance the miner noticed something in the creek and accidently fell in. Who knows. Keep investigating and let meknow when you get your book out. You can shoot me and email when it reaches bookshelves.

Lindsay
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
HI, cool story. So no one found the guy (scary). Thank you shareing the story.
GIRLIE 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Well, I am certain the image you say may have represented a few different things. It certainly could have been the miner from the stories you had been told. It also could have been energy from any other individual with an attachemnt to that creek or that area.

Can't wait to see your book!

God Bless!
Missy (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
I think I saw a story this weekend about Clear Creek and how it was a mining town for a while. I watch a lot of History and Discovery channel. Its funny, I had never heard of it before and now I hear of it twice in less then 3 days. I would love to hear more stories and see some pictures.
ailya (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Thank you for sharing this story, it's fascinating. I would love to read your book once it's published! Keep us posted. Best regards,

Ailya- Blessed be.
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
Nice story dude. I have no idea where Clear Creek is. NSW yeah? Sounds like you guys have quite a heritage for ghosts. I'm not sure if you're aware of the legend of Fisher's Ghost from Campbelltown?
It has many similarities to your own. In this legend the ghost was a murder victim who was showing the authorities where his body was. Perhaps this apparition you're seeing is this miner who is trying to show people where his body is.
Thank for posting. Its legendary to hear from other Aussies on here as we have relatively few PN occurences.
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
you're writing a book?... Wow! That's certainly amazing! I hope I can receive a free FIRST copy of it! Even just a soft copy of it through email! Thank you for sharing as well your experiences. Keep us posted.

Regards,
JAY

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: