You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Attacked During Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Attacked During Sleep

 

I am only a 16 years old girl, and my family seems to be continuously haunted by more than one presence.

It happened last night, at 4:30AM. I was wrapped in a deep sleep, dreaming about a beach when instantly my dream flashed into my living room. My body has the ability to mix the sounds of the physical world, and work them into my dreams. So knowing there was a ghost around me it put him into the plot. Still dreaming, I turned around, as something caught my attention. When I was distracted, the TV in my dream turned off, and rotated and impossible 90 degrees. My TV is HEAVY, and couldn't be rotated a seconds by a human.

Jolted by a force, out of the blackness of my bedroom, I became paralyzed by ghost. Not only was he restraining my limbs, but shaking my entire body. I am not referring to the compulsive shaking of a shiver, but my entire body was frozen in form and moving as one mass, up and down, up and down.

By this time, I was completely awake. He was holding my mouth closed, I couldn't scream.

I repeated in my head, "I CAN'T HELP YOU! I CAN'T HELP YOU!" But it wasn't my voice! It was a deep voice from my core, not my mind-it originated from my stomach area.

I felt that telling the ghost that I couldn't help him would insure my safety and he might leave me alone. But he didn't.

"ANGELS! ANGELS!" Calling on your guardians to protect you might work. He stopped shaking me, and let go.

I opened my eyes, and rolled over onto my back. Breathing heavily I studied my bedroom for life. I knew my eyes couldn't be trusted-they could make any shadow a ghost if they wanted.

But still, I stared up. In the blackness of night I saw a face, for the first time in my life I saw the humanly form of a ghost. I see orbs on occasion, but never a body. That is how I discovered he was a man, his face; after floating over me for 30 seconds, he disappeared.

Needless to say sleeping wasn't easy. I lay in my bed for twenty minutes, sweating, because I was too afraid to walk through my dark bedroom, or uncover my body. Eventually my heart slowed, and I am made it to the light switch-he was definitely gone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tarrin92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

chibi_ninja_kitsune (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Whoa, that's creepy! I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me. I sleep with a lamp on usually, so I have no problems with darkness in my room at night.
xPoisonedKissx (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
This whole thing is not fake as it has happened to me a few times. It just happened to me last night. I felt like as if a demon was really sitting on top of me as if it wanted to suffocate me and it felt so real. It also happened to me the night before. Both times where around 3am in the morning.

I believe you sokhunthea.

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of it?
Tousee (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
I call this the Pressure! Funny that you actually saw the face... Very scary! The closest that it ever came to visuals is one time when I was pressured, my wife was seeing a shadow on the ceiling. It would move constantly on the ceiling until I was tired enough then it would pressure me. Everytime it pressured me the shadow stopped moving in the ceiling. Then my wife would wake me up. Went on for a bit then I went to sleep on the couch. Take care!
sokhunthea (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
You could have been in REM state... Or you could have experienced a spiritual happening. I'm Cambodian and it is believed in my culture that if you ever feel as though you are being restrained my some type of force where you cannot move, a demon is sitting on top of your chest -- spiritually suffocating you. It has happened to me before... I woke up one morning and everything was normal. My room was messy, exactly as I had it but oddly my door was wide opened and I could hear my television turned on downstairs. (To be exact, I heard the Ellen show) I knew that the TV couldn't be on because that was impossible--my sister and brother in law were both at work. I tried to get up to check who was there but I realized I could not move a muscle. I felt a heavy pressure on top of my body and I couldn't even turn my head to look. I then thought to myself I could be in REM state so I tried my hardest to turn on the light on my nightstand to wake me up maybe but I could not grasp on. I could feel myself feeling my way to my nightstand, and I could feel myself holding onto the lamp but then nothing happened when I attempted to turn it on. I felt like I was a ghost! I tried to shout for help but nothing came out of my mouth so I closed my eyes and prayed and waited for everything to stop. I felt the pressure slowly lifting away from me and instantly I woke up and jumped right out of my bed. I looked around to check if someone was in my house and found nothing. I called my Mother and she just told me a demon was sitting... Just chilling on top of my chest as if it was nothing and I was just a victim. BUMMER! Anyway...

I believe that when we sleep, our spirits roam around... And that is where our dreams come from. Sometimes we dream about the future and what's going to happen during the night because our spirits our walking around seeing these things and we then are familiar with it -- for no apparent reason. I don't know...it's just a belief. It could sound like bullshiat to some of you guys but again, it's what I believe.

Toodles.
Mark09911 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
I also forgot to mention that I had no fear from this thing attempting to attacting me.
Mark09911 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
My experience is similar, I slept at 11:00pm, I was dreaming that I was still in my room sleeping, after a while I woke up (still dreaming) and felt someone shocking me. I yelled for help repeatedly but nothing came out of my mouth, I looked on my side to see if the little statue of god was still there beside me as it was in reality, but it wasn't it was a half glass cup of water replaced it, so I decided to throw it at the wall, for someone to come in, but it didn't make a noise.

I felt like I was dying in reality in my dream. I then asked god to protect me, "PLEASE GOD PROTECT ME" I would yell, I heard a noise "aaaww", I kept repeatedly "PLEASE GOD PROTECT ME" and the shocking faded away. I woke up, it was 8:40, felt extremely tired, and then whispered "thanks", after that door slammed lightly.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
HI, nice try little one. Ether you made that up or you need help. Have a nice day.
GIRLIE 😐
Phyrren (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Have these presences been in one place or do they follow your family, I mean if you move to a new house are there new presences? 😐
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hello tarrin92. I know that your experience was very frightening and it feels like there is more to it than it just being a nightmare. Everything you have written points to it being a nightmare that escalated into sleep paralysis - have you experienced anything else that points it in a different direction? I am not trying to belittle your experience, I'm just trying to help.

FRAWIN 😊
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
I was confused with your statement: "Still dreaming, I turned around, as something caught my attention. When I was distracted, the TV in my dream turned off, and rotated and impossible 90 degrees. My TV is HEAVY, and couldn't be rotated a seconds by a human..." So, why do you think something is impossible in your dream? It doesn't make any sense to me.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
"My body has the ability to mix the sounds of the physical world, and work them into my dreams..."

So does everyone else in the world. It's called 'waking sleep'. Halfway between deep sleep and being fully awake. Not only that but your description of being paralised and seeing 'ghosts' is a classic example of sleep paralysis. Sorry, but I believe you to be mistaken about your encounter.
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
You should've Thought in your head "What do you want from me?"and then he could tell you if you have a mirrior in your bedroon suddenly MOVE IT! I am terrified of 'em!Sometimes when people look in their they see dead corpses looking at them the people turn back and the corpses are GONE! 😨 😨 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: