You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My First Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

My First Haunting

 

My dad was gone every other week for his job. So, when he wasn't there I would always sleep in the bed with my mom. Well, one night when I was five years old I woke up to find the ceiling right in front of my face. When I reached for the ceiling, I touched it with my finger and then fell straight down on the bed.

This could have been excused as a dream, and even being five I still tried to convince myself of that while I was falling, but when I hit the bed I bounced for a little while so much that my mom, who is a very heavy sleeper, woke up and yelled at me for jumping on the bed. When I told her that my face was next to the ceiling, she didn't know what to say. She knew that the house we lived in was haunted and she had had some experiences there just like the rest of my family, but never levitation. So, she chose to ignore it.

This was my first personal experience. I had heard of things happening in the house, and always got the feeling like somebody was watching me, but I was never scared of it. Even when I was in the air I wasn't actually scared.

Looking back I've always wondered what exactly was going on. I thought about an outer body experience or something, but it was just too real. I can even remember the things I was thinking as I fell. It was more like levitation. That's what I always thought of it as, but not like I myself was making it happen, and I never felt threatened by it. Kind of weird, I know. If I didn't remember it so clearly I wouldn't believe it myself. But it was so real that I can go through everything in my head just like it happened yesterday.

Other strange things happened in the house that were unexplainable, but none of us ever felt threatened, it was like a warm feeling. We moved out about a year later, not because of the "ghost" (or whatever it was). My parents knew the family that moved in that house after we moved out (it was a very small town). When my dad asked them how they liked the house, they told him they couldn't stand living there. Apparently, things would fly across the room towards the people and they would get woken up in the middle of the night by loud noises that they could not explain. I always wondered why our experience there felt so fun and welcoming and it seemed like something was trying to drive them out.

I guess you just can't explain everything!

Other hauntings by rachelt

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rachelt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Grinder (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
I agree with Frawin... It's more likely OBE, also known as Astral Projection. I've had this happen as well while attempting to do so, so it can be controlled. Though when it does happen and you're not expecting it, it can be a bit unnerving (a 'slamming' back into the body type thing).

I first read about it in a book by Brad Steiger (called "Astral Projection" - how original), but it did seem to work if it's something you want to try and master.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hello Rachelt. I was thinking more on it being an OBE rather than levitation, as I would agree that it would take too much energy for it to levitate you. As for your family having only positive experiences, I would say it because of their lack of fear and acceptance of it's presence - but it could be just like you said, I guess you just can't explain everything!
Thank you for sharing your story with us and I'm looking forward to your future stories. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
rachelt (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
I don't know what was making me levitate, I just know that I really did touch the ceiling. And as far as other things that happened at the house I always heard my mom and dad talking about strange things, but I was only a small child. They didn't want to frighten me.

My mom swears that when I was 2 years old (of course I don't remember this) that I was playing in my room while she was cleaning. She heard me start to laugh a lot and thought that she would come see what I was laughing at. When she came in my favorite stuffed animal (a small pink pig) was floating just above me and I was trying to reach it. She saw this and gasped, then the stuffed animal fell out of the air.

I can't account for that, because I was too young, but my mom's seen a lot of strange things in her life and I don't think she would lie about that.

My dad would hear voices coming from my room all the time while nobody was in there.
He says he asked me when I was three, if I knew who was in my room. I told him, yeah that's just my friend. It's okay daddy.

Again another thing that I don't remember, but I trust my dad. He also said that when he asked me what my friends name was I just laughed and called him silly.

I did have an older brother and sister, but they never really had any experiences with anything strange in that house.

My mom also saw a ghost at that house, but it was not the same thing that liked to play with me, I'll send that story in next.

It seems like our family always sees or has wierd things happen to us. We've kind of learned to just get used to it. Like strange things are attracted to us.

Oh yeah, The family that moved in after us did not have any children.
ghosthunter123 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hey Rachelt!
Did the family that moved into the house after you have any children in the family? If not, maybe the entity is partial to children and since you were there it was nice to your family, just playing a few fun little games.

Or maybe your family reminded the spirit about its family or maybe some friends and it loved having you there. Or perhaps it thought that you were its actual family and it didn't know that it was dead. So when your family moved out it was hurt and confused and became angry because it didn't know these new people.

The levitation is very odd. I have never heard of anything like that and as JPing said, it would take a huge ammount of energy to do something like that. Hmm very interesting... 😕
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
In your story you mention, you had always heard of things happening in the house... What types of things and was this from your parents?

God Bless!
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
How interesting.

I would have said that such a supernatural occurance as levitation is more commonly associated with someone with psychic ability.

For a ghost (a poltergeist by the sounds of it) to physically lift someone (oh the irony 😆) it would require an enormous amount of energy. So says one theory about ghosts at any rate.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: