You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 3am Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

3am Shadow

 

This is short but at least it's real. It was 2:54am and my best friend Megan and I wanted to go on a little walk cause we have been doing it every time she spent the night.

We got dressed out of our pajamas and tried to sneak downstairs so we wouldn't wake anyone. When we got outside through the back door my dog came running toward us growling, but when I said her name she stopped at the gate. Megan said she thinks she saw a little glow of light behind me when we were going down the stairs.

I got a tiny bit creeped out but I managed. As we walked down the road Megan was starting to see and hear stuff, for example: she said she could have sworn she saw a weird looking shadow and someone run into the bushes. I didn't want to believe her but I did, she also talked about a myth about 3:00am which is suppose to be bad cause that was the devil's time when witches, zombies, and spirits come out.

We paused halfway down the road and decided to turn back but while we were walking, I noticed another shadow diagonal from me and Megan's shadow so I stopped in the middle and said "uhh... Megan... Are we supposed to have a third shadow?"

At that time she saw what I saw and we freaked out cause we thought someone was following us, so I grabbed her wrist and we started to run to my door, but since they were all locked we tried going back to the back door but stopped cause my dog was growling again, but this time not at us but something behind us (of course we didn't bother to look back).

We ran straight pass my dog still holding on to each other. As we got back inside we quickly went upstairs to my room, my friend got on the computer to search about 3:00am to see if the myth was true. While she did that I heard something going up the doorsteps so I looked out the window but saw nothing. After that we decided to not do that ever again.

Funny thing is this inspired me to make a video game about 3:00 called Night Myth and inspired Megan to write a book... Yea we're like that...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Secret, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostgurl101 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
wow that's kind of scary here read my storyon monday it won't let me write a story until monday 😊
Inferno (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
When I lived in Leesburg Georgia, I had a lot of shadow figure experiences, all in my room and one outside my room when I opened it. Hopefully it's not the one I'm talking about haha.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-16)
haha something like that has never happened to me when I go on walks that late. Unless I'm oblivious.
Though when we were driving somewhere far late around 3 my friend kept having a REALLY bad feeling and I felt like something was going to pop out and hurt us
MattM (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
Wow, I go walking around at night a lot, sometimes during 3am and not much has ever happened to me, well not usually. There have been a few reepy occurences, but nothing as bad as you two experienced. Maybe it has something to do with where you live?
punkyXXmoi (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Your story is pretty dangerous because when you and Megan are walking at 2:00 until 3:00 am... Its really dangerous! Because maybe like, rapers woyld pop up and then they would raped you guys. But, its nice that your not going to do that again. 😁
rebeccad (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
JPing, you are mistaken, because 3 pm in the afternoon is when Jesus died. Spirits are out more around 3 am because it is a powerful hour, night time, quiet, everyone asleep, or supposed to be.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Voule, I've never heard that story behind 3am, nor have I ever heard of it being referred to as the 'dead hour'.

However, I think you're mistaking 'God' with 'Jesus'. One story behind the witching/dead/whatever else hour says that Jesus died at 3am.

Another says that evil beings are more active specifically at 3am so as to taunt the holy trinity.

Then there is the original which I have posted below.
voulme16 (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
ok I know you my not believe it but 3 am is called dead hour. The reson is becuse they say god was killed a 3 pm so the dead (ghost) make fun of it and haunt during 3 am sadly I HATE that hour 😠 I would not be outside or near a churh at that hour (srry I can't spell good)
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Yep, I would have brought my dog in too (dog lover here). Stay safe and be a little more careful please. At that time of the hour who knows who could be walking the streets. 😊
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Hello Secret. You actually commented on my 3am story, and I think it's funny that you have also had a 3am encounter. However, after reading all the comments I received from my story, I'm not sure I still believe in the 3am thing. You may have encountered something paranormal or it may have been human, but either way, you should have brought your dog into the house with you! If I thought something scary was outside, I would bring my dog in. I'm just a dog lover.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
You WHAT?! Lands Sake, girl, WHAT were you thinking when going out on a walk at that ungodly hour of the day? Whoo, you are so lucky that ANY kind of predator did not reach you before you made it to the safety of your home.
Well, shoot yeah, you both were seeing, hearing things and the dog appeared to be having issues with you. It was 3 in the morning. By your own admission everyone else happened to be sleeping.
Everyone else, that is, save for the predators of the night.
It is all cool to have midnight strolls and to have private time, but not at the expense of your mortality. Take care to BE careful.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
I think you girls just about had an encounter but not the paranormal kind. I believe the third shadow belonged to a human predator- you were very lucky. Take care and please be more careful.

FRAWIN 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hi I agree with emma2008 3 am is dead times Yes and just have to becarefully at night.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Are you two girls nuts for going out that late at night? What if something bad had happened one or both of you? It's not bravery, it's sheer stupidity. Perhaps this scare will have taught you a lesson to stay inside when it's dark outside.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Secret, girlie and Surya, the 'witching hour' is a supersticious belief dating back to the dark ages that supernatural entities ie. Ghosts, demons etc. Are more active during the time between midnight and 3am.
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
You are a lot braver than I have ever been. I am 31 years old and don't like to walk out my front door to my car at night!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
I was not aware that 3am was linked with the devil, I always thought it was dusk - dawn. Maybe someone can educate me here. 😕
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
HI, cool story. I don't think I ever heard that 3am is when all the ghost come out. I though it was midnight. So I learn something in this story, thank you.
GIRLIE 😁 ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
sounds frightening. Maybe going for a walk in the middle of the night is not such a great idea.

God Bless.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Nothing like a scary experience to inspire you to do something creative.:D

Sounds more like there really was someone following you rather than an actual ghost.

Is going out so late really wise for two young girls? Even in the safest neighbourhood I wouldn't recommend it.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
You two certainly havhe some guts going for walkies at that time. Good luck with the game and book. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: