You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dream of the Devil

Real Ghost Stories

Dream of the Devil

 

I would like to share a "dream" I had one night. I can't remember all of the details, it happened months ago, but it really creeped me out.. yet made me a stronger believer in religious faith. In my dream, I only remember that I was on the computer and about to turn it on. You know how you can see your reflection in the blank monitor? Instead of seeing my own reflection, I saw the face of the devil, like it was trying to take me over. I can't remember much more about the dream, except that the devil was stalking me and I could not escape it. It would not let up on me, and I was becoming very weak to it. Until I used the words "in the name of Jesus Christ, leave me alone" and that was it. What's really crazy is that I have never really heard this expression in real life, because I wasn't really brought up religiously and can count on both hands the number of times I've attended church. It was just very bizarre.

I'm convinced this was an encounter with the devil. I'm not sure what for, though. On the other hand, I think it was an angel or a servant of God or SOMETHING GOOD that came to save me and told me these words to use. I told my mother some of my dream, who was brought up as a roman catholic and is still pretty religious, and she said she has had similar experiences and all I had to do is say "in the name of Jesus Christ, go away". She told me to say this before I even finished the whole story, and before I even told her that I did finally say something to that effect. I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience like this, or if anyone could interpret what mine means?

I would like to note that I am only 18 years of age, I do not do drugs, and I do not drink. I was of completely sound mind when this occurred! Also, about the devil attacking those who are weak, I have always been physically weak, I naturally only weigh 100 pounds and am 5'6" tall.. and I am also emotionally weak, I am a very emotional person and although I'm not diagnosed I think I have depression. I am also a very shy person and have been my whole life.. just thought I would share in case it helps in interpreting my "dream".

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

adri2013 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
I had an almost similar dream. The devil was disguised as strangers stalking me on a street. I could feel those strangers looking at me. I felt really scared and the feeling that I couldn't get away from him. I didn't know what elase to do and in disperation I fell on my knees raised my hands up high and screamed "Dios" which means GOD in spanish which I know spanish because my family is from Mexico. After I fell on my knees and scream "Dios" the floor beneath me starting vibrating and I started feeling warm inside and I felt safe. I remember it was a beautiful feeling that I have never experianced in my life. I'm not very religious but I do bealive in god even though I've had my doubts. But after this dream I felt like God showed me he is real and that we all need to bealive in him because he will and always has been there watching over us.
musicgirl (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
i had a dream like that first ever dream about the devil in my 19 years of life... I dreamt that a blonde haired woman kidnapped me and my brother and hid us in a storage shed... We couldn't have anything but somehow I had my phone... I called my dad and explained that this woman kidnapped us and where we were and she must have heard me because she opened the shed... Next she grabbed me by my arm and drug me to a room where there were tons of tvs playing demonic possessions... She then turned to me and in a very deep and frightning voice said "im the devil" and her eyes got charcoal black... I woke up and cry and terrified to sleep... And I didn't I stayed up and texted my mom because at the time I was living with my boyfriend and she told me to read psalm 93 from the bible every night before I went to bed and I did just that
SteggyAU (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-03)
i have had a similar dream before. And its one I have never forgot, even after years.
In my dream, it was the Apocolypse and there was chaos all around. Fires, demons, ghosts and shaking everywhere and everyone was screaming and running around. I was terrified and with a group of people whom I did not know. We tried fighting off the beasts and even got a priest come and try to get rid of them. I felt hopeless. At this point I was alone, and out of the blue I looked at the sky and asked God for help.
Instantly, the sky cleared, clouds parted and the sun shone right on me, I felt warm and safe and very loved. All the chaos was over, then I woke.

I was not a religious person when I had this dream. My family are athiests. I know this was a sign for me to start believing:)
littlechick (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
Yes, Lacey, I personally believe you may unconsciously know you need to choose the spiritual side you are on. Maybe God is testing you and wants you to commit to him. And the devil is going to fight for you too. I and my sister have had these type of dreams too, evil that is, and it's at a time in our lives that we're growing more interested in God so that's when satan steps up of course, anything to drag you down. Be strong!
GhostFollowerKate (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Thats kind of weird. I'm under weight for my age and I am alst 5'6. I had a dream once I was in the bath and I saw a face (not sure if it was the devil, but he had a evil effect to it) smiling at me. I got out of the bath and looked at the mirror, the same face appeared in the mirror. I didn't tell him to leave I just stared at him and then I woke up. I haven't had any other epxeriences like this.
RachelGr182 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one having these dreams. I've had similar dreams several times before about God vs. Devil. Many times I believe it's my subconcious that's remembered an event of good vs. Evil from earlier in the day. I am tempted or followed by the Devil and in every dream, I awake by saying prayers of Hail Mary or Our Father. I have been increasing my faith in God and believe it may be the Devil trying to tempt me. I can be weak and I am terribly afraid of him, and that might be him playing on my weaknesses. Thank you for your post and insignt!
Demon_Kid (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
Damn I hope your pased that, creepy... 😭 but don't worry you will tottaly be okay because obviously god helped ya
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
What I think about this dream was that mabey God was trying to tell you something. I think he was trying to tell you eather that there was a demon in your house and that was looking for someone to posses. Or he was trying to say that this is what you will see if you don't believe in christ.



~~Amy~~

P.S I just want to tell you I am a very reigilous person. I go to church every sunday.
rjwolf93 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-26)
i had a dream that I got up and heard a noise on my door and I ran to a couch and my mom had went to town and came back home and said that something evil said that there was something bad we did and my mom said it was a demon. But this was just a wierd dream but then I woke up and I was shaking but I stopped and my bed was shaking I was so scared that I was about to cry
Derek15 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
oh wow! This sounds like the dream my brother had when he fell asleep on his couch one time. He dreamed of the devil in the most horrible way. He then awakened to find that he felt evil and dirty, and that he couldn't move, or speak, and had a hard time breathing for about a minute or two. I just hope that I never have to have a dream like this. And I respect that you are strong in your faith. I believe that it protected you 😁
Revelations13 (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
Dreams, oh yes yes yes, after deciding to dedicate my life for God not too long after other experiences I have had my share of dreams good, and the very opposite soon after the decision. One was a dream where a house was ...messy, too put it very lightly, someone I (it's been a while so I think I) knew, said there was something strange behind a shower, and it looked like it was going become very graphic in a scary way, so I went closer to it with a figure behind the curtain, when I had gotten really close, and started to pull it open, I woke up with my head shaking rapidly, in an uncontrollable way backing away from the Bible. I slept with my Bible on my bed because parting from it seemed like a bad idea. One other is me in my room, watching the TV, there were two ladies in black chanting, lowly, kind of in a hiss-like raspy way, degrading me, putting me down, saying I should die and things like that. It just seems unlikely to just be some coincidence. But who knows.

Instead of bothering people all the time in posts can someone tell me how to post a story?

Anyway, I am glad you believe in God, is there a way I can contact a user in private to send email?
Tilis (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-15)
My dad's side of my family has a strong connection to God and Jesus, therefore the devil tries even harder to bring us down. Unfortunately, I may suffer the effects of his hatred toward we humans worse than my other relatives, for I am also phsyically weak like you, naturally weigh less, and I can be emotionally weak. When I'm very scared or terrified, my whole body becomes paralyzed.

I've gone through a lot in my life, weakening me to the temptations of alcohol and cutting my arm. Luckily for me, I have friends who do what they can to keep me from giving in to such temptation. You shouldn't give in to temptations like drugs, alcohol, and harming yourself either.

Everyone has light within them, but also darkness within them. Do not let your darkness overpower your light.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
whether or not is was just a dream, I think you showed your self that you can be as stong as you have to be when the situation warrants it.
gerry (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
First of all I would like to say, I'm not a religious person. I have no particular religion and I am not baptised although my father was baptised roman catholic. But what's been seemingly growing more noticeable in my life is the devil. Last summer I found out I sink like a rock when I try to swim. I can in no way float, not even a little bit. I don't know if there is any truth to this but a religious friend told me that's impossible because only the devil sinks. Humans naturally float. Later on that year the number 6 started standing out to me. And I did my taxes and in january and I got back ecaxtly $666. And recently, about two days ago, I had a dream that was somewaht disturbing and now has me suspicious. In the dream I am the devil. I'm not posessed by the devil, I am the devil. I have never considered myself vulnerable emotionally, or physically. I'm actually very powerful physically and consider myself a natural leader. I was just wondering if someone could help me interperet this dream and other events in my life.
Chris (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
I am very proud and God will be too that you stood up to the devil and told him to go away because I'm a christian and I believe in God so contact me if this happens again or we can chat at this e-mail 98046636 [at] hart.k12.ca.us Thanks
Xassandra (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-31)
I know how you feel my dear... But... The devil will always stalk those who are weak and yet strong... No matter how emotional you can be... I was possesed... Yet it wasn't pleasant. But, I'm not emotional... And yet I am strong. It takes a while to rid Lucifer... If he went away that rapid... Then it was merely a dream If you truly believe that this was an experience then that's okay... But remember he may come back. Pleasent dreams.
Tam (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
I've had dreams very similar to that. They're always different. But when the dream begins, I'm still conscious of the waking world. I can feel my body in bed, I can hear girls in the dorm hallway talking. But I see a dream, and always in the dream, I hear this loud piercing sound that continually increases in volume. I can't move to wake myself up, and though I might be screaming for help in the dream, I can't make a sound. The only way to stop it is to recite scripture in the dreams, and then my body will have a spasm and jerk me awake.
jenna fuckalot (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
i think this was just a dream and I wouldn't worry about it I have personly had bad dreams
confusedjose (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
the devil is trying to contact you through your dreams, youve got something he wants, what ever you do dont give in and dont let him control you for this can transfer from the dream world into the material world and he can actually posess you
Seth (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
Its good that you used those words in your dream. The name of Jesus is the most powerful name. Its the only name you can be saved by. I am a born again Christian who believes that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. I believe that if you ask Jesus to come into your heart and ask Him to forgive you of your sins is the only way to get to heaven. If you do that,God can help you with your depression or your emotional stress or whatever you need help with. The Bible says that whatever you ask for in the name of Jesus,God will give it to you.
Emma (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
i beleive we have a ghost in our house as we have been having paranormal events.
The first thing that happened was in the middle of the night my music system turned on full blast, next, my brother in law heard our front door close and someone quite heavey stepped on the bottom step which creaked.
The next day my mother saw someone run past the kitchen door so she went to look but there was no one there, all that she said was it was a pair of legs with some sort of grey tights on.
Later on that night me and my sister were in the bathroom and the door was closed then was a loud bang on the door, I looked out of the door and there was no one there.
I think there is a ghost in my house that is trying to give us a sign.
Atheana (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
Dear Lacey, Please refer to my response to unguided traveler in regards to his/her story, "Shadow People". This is a common dream whether waking or sleeping for most people. In this physical world our reality is seen as black/white or rather as good and evil/bad. Thus, in waking and in sleep the shadow people come to test us to see just which side we have chosen. Your dream's ending shows the side you chose. Stay within your center of your truth, and trust in what you have chosen to believe in regardless of religious beliefs. It is your strong intention and choice of the side you wish to live and base your life upon that is important. We are all tested in various ways, it's the way we respond that counts.
As for me, I choose light. Keep it on if the dreams or waking states become difficult. Sweet
dreams.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: