You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit Or Worse?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Or Worse?

 

This occurrence happened in the mid 90's. At that time I was working security at a gambling establishment. One of my duties was to make sure everything was shut down and locked up after the last customer left.

On this night I was walking through the upper level and had just turned off the managers light and TV and locked her door. This level is shaped like a horseshoe with the center open to the level below, it has several private booths (they look more like the living room of an expensive house) that are rented out on a monthly basis. The only way to access this area was the elevator on the east side; there is a fire exit on the west side but the doors are rigged to sound an alarm if the doors are opened.

Okay enough background; I had always had an uneasy feeling when I worked here from the time I started until I left but I could never figure out why I felt that way.

As I said I had locked up the office and was walking down the hallway to check the suites when I felt a gust of wind pass me going in the same direction. Now being several stories up this building did not have any windows that opened and the doors to the roof were all alarmed.

As soon an s the wind blew past me I heard a noise behind me when I turned around I found the office door opened and the lights and TV turned back on. I know I was the only person on any of the upper floors (it's after 2:00 AM) and the closest person to me is stationed in the basement at the employee entrance.

Any way I returned to the office and shut off everything and locked the door and started down the hall again when it happened again same rush of wind and the office opened and TV and lights on. At this time I thought the officer downstairs was messing with me but if he was I could not figure out how he was getting on the floor without me hearing him, I walked back to the office and called him on the phone to see if he was there or not, he answered on the first ring. I told him I was just checking in and was going to finish checking the building.

I locked the office again and headed down the hall. I had made it to the first dining area when I felt like I had been hit by a rabid lineman; I was picked up off my feet and knocked about five feet down the hall. A little about me I stand 6'3" and at that time weighed 270 lbs. So it took some force to pick me up much less throw me five feet. Needless to say I left the top level to whatever it was that wanted me gone that night.

After I got home that morning I was getting ready to take a shower and found a huge bruise on my right side just above my waist exactly were I felt the thing hit me. I tried to get a little background on the building I spoke to several people who worked on the construction crew and they all told me (on separate occasions) about finding bones all over the area were the building was put up the also said they found other items that looked like pottery. I never found anything in the papers but the person that owns the place is very much connected with the political scene in this state so I'm not surprised that bad or questionable press would not show up on him or his properties.

Thanks for reading, sorry for the length.

Other hauntings by Jmak

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jmak, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
Hi ghostlover13,
A lot went on in that place, I posted another experience from my time at that job (see "A strole through the kitchen"). I hope to be able to post more of my experiences there soon. Thank you for reading, God bless.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
Wow! That must of been very frightening for you!

Has anything else happened?

Stay Safe! ❤
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
Hi succubiluv,
First thank you for reading my story, you are 1000% (no type o) correct. As long as I live I will never forget that experience. God bless.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Extremely unexpected, extremely invasive, and extremely unaccounted for. Sounds like an angry spirit.
Definitely not forgettable.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hi Jude,
Thank you so much for your kind comments; yes it was very scary. If it was something I could interact with I would've been very mad, I had a temper problem 😉. Imangine standing in a darkend hall and out of the blackness something you can't see strikes you with enough force to lift you from your feet. I vacated the area post haste 😆. I'm one that will stand toe to toe with anyone but something you can't see or touch is a little out of my league 😆. I would have loved to find out exactly what it was though as you can imangine it has been bothering me since it happend. Thank you for reading, I'm glad you liked it.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
OMG! Jmak, it sounds so scary. I can't believe it lifted you and threw you like that. I would have been a little bit upset. With that kind of strength, it would have made me angry and want to find out what it is and to confront it even more. Sounds like that is exactly what you are up to. Thanks for sharing this experience and story. It was great. I am putting this into my favourites. Please update us if you have anything more and I will look for more stories from you. Take care of yourself, Jude 😉
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hi Vicki,
Thank you for reading; I hope you liked it. As a matter of fact we both spent the last half of one shift chasing a shadow around the basement floor of the main building only to have the on coming supervisor tell us that the shadow is a "regular" visitor and laugh at us for trying to catch it. I will post several more occurances from that location as soon as I get the time.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hi, I can't believe you worked there longer, Have you heard anything from any of the other people that worked in that kind of position like the one guard you mentioned did he ever experience any of these things? Thanks for the story, it was good

~Vicki
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Hi Kim,
Yes it was one of the worst experiences I've had. I worked there for a total of 9 years which was around 3 and a half years after this happend. (I was promoted to a day shift position shortly after this occured) The place is still open for business though it's run on difficult times recently. By the way I love your stories.
Hi James,
Thanks for reading. If it didn't happen to me I would be doubtful too. 😉 As a matter of fact the lights and tv were reported on every morning when the manager came in to work; they talked about putting in a CCTV system to monitor the office but could not agree on a price. Your deductions are correct nothing "like this" occured again but I have several more experiences to relate. I have always tried to keep an open mind on everything so I can't say were this changed my way of thinking, I have always believed there is good and bad in the world. As always I enjoyed your comments they always seem to provoke a lot of thought thank you. 😊
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
That's quite an unequivocal encounter with the other side. The entity let you know it was there, you superceded its actions, and it let you know it would have its way! Did anyone mention the next day if the door was open and the TV on?
I'm deducing you continued to work there awhile and nothing more like this occured to you.
Did it change your thinking on the supernatural or paranormal?
Thanks for telling the story. Could the ground have have been native American--perhaps a skirmish site in General Jackson's Seminole Wars?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Wow. That must have been terrifying!

How long did you work at this establishment after this occurance? Did you have other occurances? Is this establishment still there?

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: