You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Doors Slamming

Real Ghost Stories

Doors Slamming

 

A few months before I fell down, our barn door would open and slam shut even when there was no wind blowing. I got tired one night hearing it slam so went out and put a lock on the door. Satisfied the barn door was fine gone back into the house. This barn sits to the South of my home in the country. My neighbors are far from me. But just the same I love my home.

Just as I got back to the house. I heard the door slamming again, back and forth to the outer wall of the barn. I looked out could still see the barn in the South, as the sun was going down. Went out again to shut the door.

Just as I was walking away, coming into the house I heard as loud as if someone, was standing beside me say" I will slam it all I want it's mine". No it's not yours any longer. Who are you, why you keep this up? No answer.

From that day on telling this ghost/spirit that it was not his barn, he has been showing up in the house. As a shadow on the wall. I took a few pictures of it which I have not gotten developed yet. But want to see if this ghost shows up on any of them.

A couple days ago I heard the slamming door on the barn. I went out put a cross on the door. I heard cussing and swearing very loudly. I tried to tell the spirit he should cross to the other side. No noise of the barn door have I heard the past two nights. But it still doesn't stop him from being in the house. Showing his shadows on the wall. He hasn't spoken since; he has been in the house either. So he has not passed to the other side yet.

As I sit here his shadow is to the left of me, about two feet away on the wall. I am surprised he comes in here, with a cross on the door that my son made out of wood. I don't have the feeling he is evil, just a spirit/ghost perhaps passing through or visiting.

I called the library asked Jo did anyone die here in this country home. She told me not in the home but in the barn. An old man fell out of, the hay loft and died.

So maybe he is still looking for what killed him. Or perhaps this ghost just likes this home. I see his shadow at night and in the day time, just a black shadow on the walls.

Other hauntings by Flutterofwings

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flutterofwings, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

caracooldevil (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
woooo! Scary 😉 that was awsome- try making friends with him! ❤
(L)
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
First all thanks for the comments to my story. For Bellisima, Brownie09 and babybis.
No I have not tried any Evps in the barn but might do that, but just not yet want to see what else I can find out about him first. If I went in there and did this, for example maybe he thinks I am snoopying into his area and not speak again so just kind of waitng. But it is a good idea however.

I do think he was supprised, I did indeed hear him talk. So he is just watching what happens in the house to be able to communicate again. I really do hope he does communicate again I feel I could help him maybe not pass over, but to make him feel at ease where he is.

No Ihave not looked into who he was yet. I couldn't drive for four months when I broke my pelvis bone. Just going to start this next week to drive and go to the Library and see what else I can find out about him. Will keep you posted.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
#rhodes68,mkeynes,surya...No not all people pass when they die. If they did we wouldn't have ghost. I do try to communicate with him, but so far nothing more. Yes this entity and me want our own place and we fight to keep it.

It would be nice if everyone that seen a ghost could communicate with them, not be frighten of them to see just what they need. It could be just a kind ward to let them know they were heard and that a human is in tune with them. I will continue to reach out for this entity (I call them) to see if I can help him in some way.

Thanks for your comments I appricate them all. If he died by someone elses hand, then maybe that is what he wants someone to know so he can rest in peace.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
[at] Frawin and ChrisB, Well this entity, when I feel his presents in the home, I talk to him like I know your here I can feel you, would you like to talk again? Can I help you in anyway? But so far nothing he is probaby trying to figure out who I am by being in the house. But he don't frighten me at all.

But my poor cat when he is in here her hair is up on her back, her eyes big as saucers and she hits at the air sassing and growling. Yet it don't seem to bother the dog in the least.

As one of you mention perhaps this entity/ghost wants to see how I react to him before he speaks again. May of supprised him I could hear him.

Thanks for the warm welcome back I appricate it thanks again.
Also thanks for your comments
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
[at] dreamgirl,girlie yes it could be his favorite place to be was in the barn, and don't want anyone bothering with it. The reason for the noise of the slamming of the doors was I am sure to get my attention. He may of tried before, and I didn't realize it then or hear it, but this time I did. I do hope he shows up on the film, just took it into the store to get developed will pick it up next week. If I got any shadows will let Martin put them with this story. Thanks for the comment to me both of you.
babybis (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
u had me have NIGHTMARES! Argh! LOVE the story, I mean, ahem, really scary!:)

Aries
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
I think at first when he first told you that, he was just wanting to make his self present by letting you know that his spirit was still there. As for him coming to your home, I know this might sound crazy but he might think since he knows that you are not afraid of him and you could actually hear him that maybe you can finally help him get the peace he wants, or is trying to tell you what had happened to him. 😳
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Welcome back, Flutterofwings. Now that he's got your attention, he spoke to you and you replied, he's probably curious about the whole situation. I think he might be surprised that you heard him speak to you and now he's coming in the house to check you out. Maybe he likes the company. I hope your pictures will show something, I'd love to see them. Have you thought about trying some EVP's out in the barn? That could prove really interesting! I enjoyed reading of your experiences and I'm looking forward to anything else that might come up.Thanks.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Hi Flutter,
That is one very scary story. Certainly sent shivers up my spine. I know I would not have the courage to do so, maybe you should try to establish who he is like the others have said. Find out a bit of history. He may have been one of the owners or even a worker. Who knows, only he does. I wonder why he slams the doors Good Luck. Look forward to reading your next post.
Surya
MKeynes (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Have you tried to discover who this might be? Clearly a past owner of the property, but understanding who it is may offer some clue as to the best means of communicating and consoling the disgruntled entity.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
It's been quite a while since we last heard of you Flutter! We've missed you!

It's sad for any human to be stuck in a world they're no longer part of unless of course what we consider our world is nothing more than a parallel reality of the same universe. Maybe that could explain why we sometimes share our space with the other dimension.

I believe his visits to your house are a reaction to your challenge. You both feel territorial when it comes to your space-neither of you wants to share. But what if he has no other choice, nowhere else to go? Do you really think that every human crosses after death?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Hi and Thank you for sharring this story with us Flutter. I was starting to get worried what has happened to. But I'm glad you are back. I believe that this man is a little confused, Maybe he doesnty know that he passed away. When someone dies in a "unexpected" moment there spirit maybe confused. I guess that this maybe the case. Thanks for sharring your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hello Flutter. I really enjoyed your story, thank you for sharing it with us. I think his slamming the barn door was an attention getter. He's got your attention now and he knows you can hear him-be prepared for further communication. It may take a while but talk to him easy and you may be able to help him cross over or at least talk him into a peaceful co-existence. So far the wife and I get along fine with our "house guests".
Take care and God Bless.

FRAWIN 😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
HI real cool story. Maybe it wasn't an actandent maybe someone push him off the hofted. And his looking for the the guy that killed him. He might be banging the door on the barn because his mad. And his last words might have been what his told you.
GIRLIE 😁
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Interest, Some spirts/ghosts never want to to leave the earth and rather stay where it their favorite places. You know what I mean when it your favorite and you don't want to leave and don't want no body to have it just like to bother and pretent they still alife instead of dead but I know it sound weird just a thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: