You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: A Dreams Partial Revelation

Real Ghost Stories

A Dreams Partial Revelation

 

I sleep pretty erratically at the moment. A recent tragedy has me at odds with the dream world, and I am about to withdrawl my subscription. I fall asleep with peaceful intentions, and usually end up jarring myself awake as pain rips through my body and I struggle to keep from crying out to alert the family. In all honesty, I think I have hidden this from the family, but I do not know how long that is going to last.

I am a big believer in dreams pointing to the workings of the soul, and leading into visions, but I do not understand the newest string of them.

A few nights ago I went to sleep dreaming of an open field with wild flowers in abundance. There was the kind of breeze blowing that makes you want to lift your face up into it and close your eyes, while breathing deeply to take it all in. I could clearly see myself, and that is exactly what I did. I walked down a small slope, and up again to Mother Willow and placed my palm on her trunk and just looked around.

Off in the near distance stood a young man. He was simply looking at me. I lifted my free hand in acknowledgment of him, and he smiled and gave one short, almost unnoticeable nod, then faded away.

The next day I received an e-mail with a photograph attachment, and there, smiling at me from the computer screen was this young man.

A couple of nights ago, I was again in an open field but this time there was free grass growing. There were a few trees and bushes around, but nothing more. This time I wandered over to a lilac bush and sat at it's base. I reached over to touch the leaves, as the buds had all been spent, and looked to my left.

In the near distance, this time, there stood a young lady. I again raised my hand in greeting. She smiled, turned to her right, bent at the knees to pick a daisy where previously there was none, and faded away.

The dream woke me enough that I booted up the computer to check my mail. I had received another photograph, and this time of the young lady.

Last night I fell asleep dreaming of the ocean. I could feel the salt spray on my face, and taste it in the air. I walked up an outcrop of large rocks along the shore line and sat down. On the rocks were a few scattered shells that the tide must have left behind. As I sat there examining one of them I looked over to my right and there stood an old man. In my dream, I recalled that every time I had waved, the person faded away, so this time I smiled, and gestured the invite to sit.

He smiled and sat.

We both looked each other over and took all in. Then looked out to the ocean. In the ocean I could clearly see the inhabitants in abundance just below the surface. The air seemed to fill with all manner of winged animals swarming above our heads, and butterflies landed on the rocks all about us.

I looked at the man and he smiled and held out his arm, palm up and gently raised it, trailing his fingers as if conducting a great orchestra.

I have been struggling. There are aspects of my life that, at this moment, I question why they are occurring. In my dream, the answer came to me, unspoken, but voiced all the same in the song of an old man's incantation. We need all things to make life complete. All of the things that so many take for granted are essential to have a full and prosperous life, even if they are not ours to own.

It may be interesting to some that the people that met me both in the dreams and in the e-mails are NOT the people who sent the mail. Just bystanders as the photo was shot. Is there a possibility that there is something I can do for these people that I am missing? Or is it all another coincidence that will remain just an event that is connected, but with no meaning?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, whitebuffalo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sn-e-ha (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-09)
I think partial answer lies in the book 'the secret'.it says whatever you think or feel in your subconcious mind manifests itself in the real world. You had a dream of certain people... It stayed in your subconcious mind and it got manifested through pictures, but how come only these people?...well I don't have an answer to that question?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I would agree with you, Dixie.
Sometimes I think it is just not for US to know. It is like someone, somewhere thought it would be interesting to watch us, while a magnificent play that we had never seen, unfolded before our eyes.
We may never see the rhyme or reason, and may never be part of the plot. But it sure is beautiful to watch.
Thank you
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
Dreams are something I have had my fair share of. I think sometimes something reaches out to us and prepares for people or events. That are going to take place. Sometimes it takes a while for everything to come together or make sense. Or at least that has been my life experience. So far.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Miegatalipis me Kirie otheos mou, miapostis ap'emou. Proshes istin voithian mou Kirie. Ospilin sotirion kai paradison terpnon kai fotos aidiou nefelin yparhousan tinagian Parthenon imnisomen apantes legontesto Here afti.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
In the Name of The Great Spirit,
And by the power of His Blood and His Mercy,
We bind all spirits in the air, and the fire and the water,
In the ground and the underground and the nether world,
And we bind any satanic forces of nature.
We bind all curses, hexes, or spells, or any occult activity previously used.
We bind the interaction and interplay of spirits.
And we claim the protection
Of the Great Spirit
Over this house and grounds, and over every person here.
We call upon the ancestors of the land
And the company of angels to surround this place,
Making it both safe and sacred.
And we call out to you, O Great Spirit.
Come now and fill this place, never to leave!
We pray in the name of the Great Spirit, Amen.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
TammyMom,
Huh. THANKS! I use that phrase a LOT, only I never knew it came from Hee Haw. The funny thing is that I probably LEARNED it while frying my brain glued to the set as a child. I loved that series.
You have given me ONE MORE REASON to check out the reruns. 😆 Like I really needed one.
Thank you.
TammyMom (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
whitebuffalo, I just thought I would toss a little trivia into the mix. My dad, who on November 28, 2008, will have been dead for 21 years, used to retell a lot of jokes, stories, quips, etc. From the old television series Hee Haw. He did the story of 'Rindercella', which is a twisted version of 'Cinderella'. He also liked to say, "You should never assume because, when you assume, you make an a** of you and me." These were stories and sayings which were said and told by Archie Campbell, who went by his real name on the show, but he played the barber. I know because we watched the show every time it was on. I just thought you might be interested in where that saying originated.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Thank you, Sai_Chan, I acknowledge your post, and will take all into consideration.
Thank you for coming to my page.

Wildone, I think I will try that. I believe that I will go through my dream journals and read them as if someone else. You MAY have something there. I MAY have "hidden" answers in the words I used to describe them all.
Thank you.
Wildone (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
So many different thoughts to one dream sequence. I suppose that is why there is the comment section at the end of these stories.
I can't tell you what I think the dreams to mean. I think it must be interesting to be able to see them so vividly. The comment given by racemustang is the closest to what I would think to be possible.
You have a charisma that seems to just jump out of your pages. There is a vitality to every word, that makes it easy to understand exactly where you are coming from. Perhaps, through the words you write, that is the answer.
Did you ever just stop and READ what you write? As if you were someone else? Maybe this is what you need to do. Read through the dreams in that notebook and look through the eyes of someone who has not seen them yet in their minds eye. Maybe YOU will have the answers that are puzzling you so much at this time.
Sai_Chan (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
I felt your vibe through your mail to Levvy mentioning me, that gave me a chill (it was a srutiny chill). That began my search for your essays until now.
If I am correct, you are a passionate person, but too enthusiastic to help, taking less care of yourself and your family (or the other way round by family members).
You have some sort of remote power, but better utilize it in the correct way and direction. (I am very strong and also very weak at the extremes)
Step back. Be cool to read my letter. Instead of replying me, relax and go to chinatown chinese-medicine store, to buy some black dates for your sleeping problems (you can use boiling water to rinse it clean, eat it before bedtime, it is sweet, 5 is enough)
To interpret your dreams, 'the man', figurely represent male in general, your husband, romance, and your IDEAL soul-mate.
'The woman', is women in general, and yourself.
'The old man', is old people, all things and people that you don't find difficult to live with.
'Daisy' or other details are just decoration of your dreams to make it complete.
Don't mind too much of interpreting the things or people that you don't know of or try to know. People can wait. Indulge
Yourself more to your carefree situation. Care for what you already have is the most first things. Now, can you see what your dreams are telling you?
Try not to bother jotting down all your dreams. Only the meaningful ones, like a tooth coming out, indicate your relative is going to die within a few months. Teeth loosened means your kidney is weak, or has stone problem. Sex scenes mean you have to stop eating hot food, like beef, and eat cool food like water melon can cool down the reproductive organs inflammation problems.
Try once. Don't bother to reply me this time. Later on, if you are tempted to reprimand someone in 10 sentences, cut it short to 1 or 2, or simply ignore them. If you care less and live yourself heathily, you can care more.

(p.s. I re-read your story, about the girl in dream---'grass' is green, and green represent Spring, the life source. Few 'trees and bushes' means pubic area. Spent buds mean reproductive organs problem. 'Lilac', color purple, means fire, blood, heart, or eyes. 'Left' means left, male, or father. Daisy, color yellow, means spleen, or stomache, or longevity.)
(about the man in dream---'open field' is the internet. 'Wild flowers' mean romance. 'Willow' represents ghosts <willow is a kind of trees that ghosts frequent>. 'Palms on the trunk' means actually at ease in contact with the world of ghosts. Aren't you now romancing the net writing ghost stories?)
(about the old man in dream---'sea' is motherland. 'Salt' is a necessity of life, dependable source. 'Shell' is round, represents father. 'Old man' means your own father, someone you are most trusted with as in your motherland. Your other pursuits in life would just be as swift as 'faded away', non-dependable. The 'butterflies' means ghosts, are your ghost-like readers (just come and go). Your father approved of what you've done by 'raising his hands' to praise it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
Thank you, faerielike, I will try to patiently await your return to read what you have been able to come up with. I appreciate your stopping in to let me know you are still around. 😊
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Have just a minute to pop in and say I have not forgotten you! When I get home I fully intend on breaking your dream down into sense! 😊 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Interesting thought, rstahley.
Thinking back on these, they did appear to progress a bit. Not only in the actual vision aspect, but in the interacting with the people there. You have me thinking, here. Thank you for that.
I DO occasionally have very similar dreams, in fact last night the one that I had made me get out of bed and sleep on the couch. I could not get the "rewinding" of it out of my head.
Thank you. I will try to see if your suggestion works. 😊
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
Wow, I am not sure what to think of this. I see that you posted this story last month. Have the dreams continued? I don't have much knowledge concerning these types of things, but I will say that as an aspiring writer, I can at least appreciate the fact that you write so beautifully. The only thing that I can think to do, or rather than you can do, is to just keep trying to get more out of each dream. You kept the last person from fading away by gesturing for him to sit down. Maybe the next dream will lead your mystery visitor to speak. I don't know.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-07)
You kind of stumped me for a minute, Forgotten_angel, as it had been a while since I posted that comment to your story. 😊 Once I went back and read the story and comments again, I now understand where the comment came from. Thank you for continuing it here on my story page.

I have done a bit more research on the capes of the shadow people since last commenting on your story, in February of this year, and I thought I might share some of that with you.
In that Shadow people, for whatever reason, can not fully manifest their being, the capes, hats, "trails" of shadow behind them would APPEAR to be energy that is trying to connect itself with the being to create a better visual. It is not a formed energy, and the cape could actually be called a "straggling energy", one simply trying to catch up, or trying to obtain the same space as the majority of the being.
I do not know if you have ever played with one of those children's boards that have the metal shavings in a box, and you design a picture by using a small magnet. What you do is drag the shavings to the area you want it, then pick up the magnet to break the connection, and bring more shavings to the picture.
The trail of shavings that leave a small path to the picture is, in essence, the same as the energy that leaves a path to the Being.
Just thought I would let you know what my research has brought me on the thought of capes and the Shadow Beings.
Thank you for reading my story.
Forgotten_angel (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
(you posted on my story wayback on the capes) So, I formally will say that fear cannot be overcome all the way. You can master it, but you can't get rid of it.
Forgotten_angel (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
back to a earlier comment or question on my story-
1.) Fear from the human is more than that of the supernatural.
2.) The cape can also be just what he/she wants to wear. But usually it is that the entidy feeds off of fear, so the cape causes the mind to panic, making a lot of energy come out of you in the form of fear, therefor you feed it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Oh, please do, faerielike. I would so welcome any thoughts you have on the matter. I am ok deciphering OTHER peoples dreams, but as for my own, that is a different story. Obviously.
Thank you.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Great story! It almost sounds to me like you went to the spiritual plane where we go when we die. It reminds me much of the place I met up with my Grandfather in my dreams, right before his death.
It is hard to say what the man and woman were about. I believe that nothing happens by mistake, so maybe there is a connection to them you are missing.
I am usually good with dream interpretation, but this one has left me pondering. I will get back to you if I have an epiphany! 😊 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
I am going to be in the chat room for a while, so I will probably not be able to view the side of the page for the new comments. I just wanted to tell you all thank you for the comments to all of my stories, and for your patience as you all teach me what it is that I am here to learn.
There are so many different things about the Unknown that I have learned through all of the comments, the personal e-mails and healing vibes that all of you have sent (you know who you are). They have helped me to work through this "problem" and have helped me to see what I could not see with my own eyes.
Thank you all.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Thank you, lilblackpom for taking the time to read and comment on my story. To answer your questions, yes, I DO know who my Spirit Guides (both animal and "human") are, and in my recollection, they do not look like these two (though I MAY have picked up a few that I am unaware of at this time).
And I AM part of an Indian Nation through the ceremonial passage of marriage and blood bonding. Thank you for noticing, I strive to keep in The Ways, even as some of my thoughts conflict with the Teachings at times. 😊
Thank you.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Wow whitebuffalo. Just came across this story tonight, sorry late for reading it. It is so interesting. Your dreams are very vivid and you remember all. I am trying to figure out the young man and the young woman. There has to be some kind of answer for this since you seen them. The dreams sounded beautiful. Very pleasant. This question might seem a bit odd, but do you know who your spirit guide is or are? A man or woman or both? It is a thought that I have. I just feel that since you aren't feeling well at the moment, and I hope you get better soon, that these dreams could be your spirit guides. I believe some individuals can have more than one spirit guide. They help you with your path and journey. If this is truly what it is, you are lucky to know what they look like. Maybe they came in your dreams to make you feel safe, feel better, for the time being since they know you are struggling with something and want to reassure you that everything is going to be okay.

Can I ask you a question if you don't mind? Do you have Indian blood in you? I have a feeling you do from reading your comments on other people's stories here and how you prose your stories. Very interesting to read. I have Indian blood in me but only 1/4. Thank you Whitebuffalo for this story and I hope my thought will help you in some way. Take care of yourself I hope you feel better soon, 😳
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
I am going to send a shout out to thereverend. I seem to have misplaced some vital information about you, and need to contact you. If anyone knows thereverend, could you pass on the message, please? It would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you all for reading this.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Hello, JPing. Thank you for your thought provoking comment. I appreciate that.
To tell the truth, I keep a dream journal. It resides beside my bed, and every time I have a vivid dream, I write it down. It was something that I learned during my training, and for some reason I can not stop the habit.
These ones I actually wrote down AFTER receiving the mail, as I thought they must be important because of the physical vision of the persons in the mail. In that they all appeared to be connecting in some way, though I am still working through it's connection, I wrote them all as one dream.
The Elders have been know to have "visions" that take a week, to weeks to play itself out.
PLEASE believe that I am NOT comparing myself to The Elders. There IS no comparison.
Huh, Spirit Guide. To tell you the truth, the message I "LISTENED" to was that all things are connected, and need reverence. I thought that to be odd, because that is how I TRY to live my life.
If I take a flower, I leave a penny. If I say a hurtful phrase, I say a kind thought that comes naturally (as opposed to just saying something nice to avoid my bad karma). I try to stay away from consuming meat, as the soul of another living being had been lost to fill my tummy.
Nice thought. Perhaps he told me a bit more, and I only listened to what I could see. As the symbolism in that is that I only listen to what I think I already know. I will have to self reflect.
Thank you.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
How very interesting. It is often said that deja vu is the result of a precognitive dream.

I have had them myself, though I never remember them as clearly as you have described and the time between the dream and the actual deja vu is so far inbetween that I have little hope of remembering the specifics. I'm not even sure if I really have had such a dream before, It's just a feeling; a memory of a dream. Like a second generation image.

As to the meaning behind such dreams, I don't know. Though I am sure there are no shortage of theories. Perhaps it is as you believe, that you can somehow help these people.

The old man you saw in the last dream sounds like some sort of spirit guide. This may be a personal question and I understand if you don't wish to answer, but what did you learn from him?

Great story Autumn, thanks. I'll definately be adding this one to my favourites.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Oh, Race.
I HAVE seen my error. I SHOULD have leaned when instead I forged forward through the muck.
Talk about a slap in the face. I got your last sentence loud and clear. ❤
Autumn,
Partner with a Great Warrior.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Welcome back, Natalin!
I so wished that I could have gotten off of work to join in the hunt. I wanted so badly to look for the tree. I DO remember!
The interesting thing is, that I remember a LOT more detail than what I wrote here. I can still see the gentle way that the breeze picked up the leaves in the trees, and the peaceful swish of the Rays tails. What caught my attention in your comment the MOST was the reference to the butterflies. I think I have to look at my "messages". Thank you.

FRAWIN. What?! 😆 **head spinning uncontrollably*** You ride the same turnip truck as me?
Balance. That is something I very literally do not have at the moment. You know me, I have taken a step back wards in my recovery, and yet I still strive to be helpmate to all. I have always just done it. I thought that was my lot in life, and that any deviation from that would take me one step further from Truth, and from The Great Spirit. MOST of the time, I do not stop to think about it, it just comes naturally.
I see what you are saying. By being the helper ALWAYS, I am not allowing the fabric of existence to weave itself correctly, and am leaving a "buckle" or a "bunch" in the blanket. Which ALSO means that I am not running in the ways of The Great Design.
Thank you. I have been reprimanded. No small slap on the wrist, coming from you. It is almost like a shout point blank.
Peace and Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Welcome back to my page, Kecoughtan. Nice to see you. You use a word that makes me think inward. "Assumed". I have used it often. My Father used to say that if you assume, make sure you break down the word to what it really means. It makes an "a^^"out of "u" and "me". I am starting to see that with my assumption of what I THOUGHT I saw, I have done exactly that to this dream. Thank you for your thoughts. I never knew that the people here on this site knew me so well.

JamesRobiscoe, you are so profound. NO. I DO NOT think that coincidence is a phenomenon. I believe it to be a neon sign pointing to what is meant to be seen. It connects two things for one reason or another, it is OUR JOB to discover what that connection really is. Even if it is "nothing". I have to admit, I am having difficulty recalling the comment you refer to, but that is a minor detail.
YOU said a phrase that I have been guilty of using QUITE often, especially in connection with a dear, dear family member Whispering Wind (Great Spirit Guide you, my friend), and that was "not doing enough..." You gave me pause, and my heart heard your words. For not knowing me, save through here, you have helped me in a healing process that I NEED to wade through. Thank you, From the Heart.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Greetings, Brownie09. I am happy that my stories have given you a bit of entertainment. The people MAY be trying to give me a message, but why pick a Daisey? You know? (That was a rhetorical question, you do not have to answer, I was just kind of throwing out a thought there) I hope you can check out a few more stories and give me your thoughts. I am always looking for more input. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this story.

My new ally, bette31. Hello.
I will be completely honest with you (No reason NOT to be). I have a tendency to think that the world NEEDS me. I take in strays, I stop on the corner to hand a Value Meal out the window, I "hand shake" a five dollar bill into the hand of the man who lives literally on the corner downtown, while in a buffet style restaurant I will take the plate out of the hands of someone walking with difficulty and place it on their table BEFORE my own (even if our table is all the way across the room). I always thought that was because I have been a Mama for 22 years. My children get impatient, and my husband rolls his eyes, but they KNOW that is what I do. Perhaps you are right. Maybe at THIS time I am supposed to RECEIVE, instead of GIVE. Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
I apologies to everyone that has already commented here for not coming to this page yesterday when I was on the site. I intercepted a message to me, and I felt that as my "hackles" were up, I thought it best to go to bed.
So I did.
Tammy, I stole one of your phrases, just thought I would let you know. 😊 I used the "Side note".

My Dear Chris, you are a truly a humble, and intelligent person. I thought everything you said made sense, but the fourth sentence up from the bottom seemed to GLOW from the page. Thank you. I DO have the tendency to analyze and OVER analyze. I tend to THINK. And not to simply sit and FEEL. **Reaching up to pull the string to turn on the light*** Good advice there. Thank you, my friend.

Hi troyarn. I am glad that my confusion helped in opening YOUR eyes. (Just trying for humor there. Most people do not expect it of me, so I thought I would point that out) I feel that dreams are or COULD be visions of the Soul. In that you have seen places BEFORE visiting them, I think you have a pretty good idea of all of that. I look forward to reading YOURS. It is interesting for me that I am able, at times to help OTHERS understand their dreams (not always) but my own will not bring me comfort. Thank you for your thoughts.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: