You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My Story And A Bonus Evp

Real Ghost Stories

My Story And A Bonus Evp

 

I thought I would give a little blurb about how I became interested in the paranormal. In other words, my ghost story. In 1998 Me, my wife, son and daughter (no infant yet), bought a small old house in a town with about 50, 000 residence. It was a cute little house that we got cheap. We were new to the area.

The house built date on the deed said "Unknown". We asked around and found that the houses in this division were built between 1880 to the early 1900's. It was located on a short road that had an enormous cemetery about a block away. No problem for me, I was raised to not believe in ghosts. I had never seen one for my first 28 years.

After we moved in we had a lot of things happen. We lived in that house for a total of 5 and a half years. So we did not get ran off. It was kind of odd, the haunting that is. Sometimes you would go for a month without anything happening than a bunch of things would go down.

I just want to tell you about one night. We had lived there for a few years by this point and had became believers by now. The night in question was April 15th (I remember because it was tax day). My wife had gone to bed at around 11 PM. I stayed up and lay on the living room floor and watched TV. Our bedroom was right off of the living room and the front door was right next to that (also in the living room). We had a 20 unclosed front porch. A storm door on one end and a wooded entrance door that led to the living room (with 3 small glass windows in the door).

I lay on the floor between the bedroom and entrance door and was engulfed in TV (probably the History Channel). I had a sudden urge to look up to the door. When I did, there was a person standing on the other side of the door looking directly at me about 8 feet away. I turned my head to the TV and back and he was gone. (It was a male I could see him clearly. However, it was like he was light up... Hard to explain).

I jumped up and flipped on the porch light because I thought a real person was there (this was at 1 AM). I thought a real person on the porch at 1 AM was up to no good. When I looked, nothing. The chain on the storm door was still. Nobody left the porch. Therefore, I wrote this off as my imagination.

I went to bed at about 1:30 and was just laying there for a second. I suddenly heard a little boy laugh and jump up and down next to my wife (who was sound asleep). I got up and looked on her side of the bed to see if one of my kids were up. Again, nothing. Okay, by this point I am starting to think something might be going on. I went back to bed and fell asleep. (I know some people are going to say, how you could go to sleep. Ghosts hadn't hurt me in 28 years; I did not think they were going to start that night).

I was asleep for about a half hour (2 or 2:30 by now), and I woke up to a blood curdling scream. Sorry, not a ghost, just my wife. I asked her what it is. She refused to tell me. We compared notes the next day however. She did finally tell me what happened. She said she woke up and a gold glowing ball about the size of a softball with ribbons of light hanging down was about 12 inches above her face.

She opened her eyes, seen this and screamed. When she did, it shot straight up in to the ceiling and was gone. She did not tell me that night. She was trying to convince herself that it was just a dream. That is one of my stories from our old house in town. I did stay up all night the next year on April 15th. Not a thing happened.

Ps, I added an EVP just for fun. What does the spirit say after my daughter speaks? It is one word.

Http://cid-c6e731d99ff31c11.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/EVP/Die.WMV

Other hauntings by EVPResearcher

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EVPResearcher, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hi Evpresearcher! I'm glad that you have found a community that shares the same interest as you do. I understand why there isn't a lot of people you this with but here we are all the same like you. We basicaly love this 😁!Feel free to share any encounters with us. You are a respected poster whos stories are no fakes. And I respect what you do for us. Not all people are as committed to this group but haveing the time to share the evps with us is something we do not take for granted. I understand why you were not scared. In most cases people are not scared but more curious in what has happened. If you go to a haunted house, and the door slames, You never exept it to be a spirit. You look for a logical answer. But then sometimes it hits you. No logical answer. And that is why we are so interested in these phenoms. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
ChrisB - I don't share those stories with many people. But this is the correct avenue to share. I was NEVER scared. When something happened I would try to figure it out and miss the whole thing. Like I said, I think it was just a child playing tricks. When my daughter was little she played with "Shadow". As she got older she played with "Tommy". It was fun, not scary.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Wow this was a facinating story. I realy enjoyed reading it. To bad you didn't share it with us earlier but I'm glad you did share it with us. It must have been a scary experience. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
ailya - Sorry I have been cleaning up youtube. I have been putting them on:

Http://www.spectercom.com/
ailya (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hello again again (lol), seems like the link doesn't work. 😠

Try this:
Http://paranormal.about.com/library/blevps01.htm

Scroll down to the very last one. Thanks!
ailya (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hi again, I read in your other story how you would love to hear an old ghost EVP recording. I did a little research off the web, and I got this. The person recording said the room was completely quiet when she recorded this. She said something about a monk and singing. This freaked me out!

Http://paranormal.about.com/library/media/audio/monks.wav
ailya (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hi, EVPResearcher!
Your stories fascinate me, as always. Being able to listen to the afterlife is really a gift. I cannot understand what your daughter is saying, but I think that the Spirit is responding somehow to something she said.

Quick question, I was looking through your other stories and tried to listen to your other EVPs. For most of them, it says the video is no longer available... Do you have another place where I can listen to them? I'd be fascinated to do so. Thanks!

Blessed be.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
rhodes68 - I became a believer in that house. Before I thought peoples imaginations got carried away with them. By the time I had moved in to that house I was already out of the Army (1987-1993) and lived through some real-life scary times. I had lived in 2 houses prior to this one and never had anything happen that I could not explain. However in the "Haunted House" just too many things happened. I know the guy I saw on the porch was really there. I can describe him to a T. He had a 70's haircut and shirt collar on (that is all I could see through the small window). We would have something dissappear for a few days then re-appear in a very obvious spot. Example. My car keys dissappeard for 3 days. I used a back-up set. We woke up one morning and they were setting right in the middle of the kitchen table. Nothing else was on the table. I had been touched countless times. Doors would open. My 2 year old daughter would tell what "Shadow" did the night before. I Watched impossibly sticky doors open on their own. I watched our porch swing, swing by itself for 20 minutes (Enclosed, no open windows). If I slept with my foot hanging over the side of the bed, "Someone" would tickle it everytime. On top of the bed, no problem. I watched my (4 at the time) daughters ponytail keep getting tugged when she was playing a game on the computer. She told me and my wife to quit pulling her hair. So we watched from about 5 feet away. You could see it get pulled! Well that is just some of the happenings that led me to believe in ghosts. My rational mind could not explain all of them away. Once I believed, I had to start my research! Like I said before We have lived in 5 houses. 2 before and 2 after without incidents like the ones that took place in that home. I wish I still lived there. I am sure it was a child spirit just playing little tricks. No harm intended.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
EVPResearcher, thanks for another fascinating submission as always! I'm more than curious to know what turns a non-believer into a believer and in your case a researcher of the very thing you questioned or doubted in the past. I don't know if anyone of us will ever reach any answers to the endless questions but I'm sure the quest alone is worth the effort. It makes life more interesting when we stop accepting things as 'the way of the world' but we,instead, seek the truth behind our experiences.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
***SPOILER ALERT FOR THE EVP***
I believe it says "died". If you listen you will hear my daughters last word was "Died". I think he was just repeating her.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
FRAWIN - actually by the time of this story, We already came to "Believe" We lived in 2 houses prior and 2 since with 0 activity (except for the German Guy that activated Elmo). I bet we lived there for 6 months before I came to the conclusion that we might have Ghosts. I can describe the guy on the porch to this day! I was not sleepy or imagining things. I have a LOT of stories from that house. My only problem with that is... No evidence, so they are "Just Stories". We had activity from the time we moved in. 2 weeks after we moved in it "started". I remember my Oldest son was 4 and we left him sleep on the couch over night. He woke us up in the morning and told us how a beautiful angel lady in a white dress hovered (whole body) over him and touched his cheek and said..."Everything will be alright". He said she was an angel. The funny thing is we did not attend church back then. We do now. If nothing else, the EVP research has STRENGTHENED my belief in god. We now attend a nice United Methodist Church. Thanks for the comment. I have loads more about that house. I only told that one because that wah the only time I "saw" a Spirit. Funny, I was not scared because I thought he was a real live person...lol
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
KimSouthO - Gosh. Don't be so hard on youself. I uploaded it in to a different spot. It was probably my fault!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
I apologize EVP Researcher as well as to all of the readers, I believe I made an error when publishing this story which made the EVP clip not transfer.

I did cut and past and although I am not sure what was said I do hear a distinctly different sound than your daughters voice.

Thanks for sharing your story and EVP with us!

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Hello EVPResearcher. Although I couldn't make out what was being said by your daughter or the spirit/ghost it was interesting in reading what brought you up to this point. May I ask you how long it took you, from your first visual on April 15th to the time that you said to yourself - "I believe".
I truly enjoyed your story and I thank you for sharing it with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Perhaps your wife had a "night terror". Also, when your up really late and should really be sleeping, you will begin to suffer hallucinations, like seeing that man outside or the child near your wife. Interesting story. I would like to hear more about your experiences.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Nevertheless, thanks for the background and the 'man at the door' story. Your EVP work is much appreciated by most of us, judging from the comments, and we gotta hand it to you for your tireless efforts--and your family's cooperation.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
JamesRobiscoe - Yeah sorry about that. My daughter was 10 at the time and tended to eat the mic...lol
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
It sounds to me as though the whisper says "Gotta" or "Nada..." But then again, I can't even make out what your daughter is saying.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
HI, cool story. The one word that a ghost would say after your daughter speaks I think is "stop". Like stop talking 😜.
GIRLIE 😁
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Sorry about the bad link. Cut and paste it to your browser and it will take you to the vid. Don't know hat happened. Sorry

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: