You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Just A Dream Or Something More?

Real Ghost Stories

Just A Dream Or Something More?

 

If anyone has experienced something called sleep paralysis then you know what the feels like to be awake and not being able to move, it is said people will experience this 1-2 times in your life time, but I've experienced 12 times now, and each time I literally feel pain in my head when I wake up due to a very loud pitched sound.

It all started happening when I moved into this house, it feels real but it's a dream because I'm obviously still alive and my dreams show that I died, from a demon holding me upside down and ripping my ribs open. Many times I've felt this demon presence in my dreams and my last 2 recent dreams have been more real. I randomly woke up because someone whispered my name in my ear and my eyes suddenly opened wide and I wake up all paranoid.

One was a girl and another was a very ghost like man. I have also been seeing tiny specks of light in the corner of my eye a lot, and they disappear when I look at them. I have also experienced a piece of tape on my wall burning the color blue, and I turn on the light to see what it is and it went away, but the piece of tape was glowing unrealistically green after I turned the light back off.

It was clearly visible at night even though it shouldn't have been since tape is not a source of light, and this tape was regular tape. As I was writing this paragraph I just heard something behind me crack, I know it wasn't me but it sounded as if the mini door on my wall just opened, I really don't know what to say about this or what to do about this.

On a side note, I'm not being paranoid because my dog was barking at the ground one time and I assumed she heard something downstairs so I went to go check it out, and she followed me and started barking at the wall. Another time my brother came downstairs asking if I was making any noise and I said no I was sleeping, for some reason he was sitting down in the dark upstairs in my living room (did it 3 nights in a row) and I always wondered why he was doing that but I'm beginning to think he heard something as well.

We never talked to each other about it due to family problems we had before so we rarely ever talk at all, can anyone give me your input on what to do about this, or what it might be?

Oh and I sleep in the basement alone, no one comes down here.

Other hauntings by Toxicwaste

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Toxicwaste, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Darrell (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-25)
I suffer from SP...bad.Winged demon on my chest holding me down screeching into my face. I get about three attacks a year, every night I go to sleep I worry that this is the night it comes. Absolutely the most terrifying experience I've ever experienced. The entire time I'm wide awake mentally and screaming for someone to wake me up. My body is frozen but for some reason it is vibrating like being shocked. My first attack I remember to this day, I was around 7 or 8 lying in bed with my mom I could see her turning the pages to the book she was reading but I couldn't move. In the very top corner of the room a giant spider was floating there and it didn't try to scare me, it just floated there asking me questions."Do you like your mom and dad? "how is your relationship with them?'"do you ever get mad at them?"It was very interested in my home life... It was almost sorta interviewing me. After that the attacks were fierce. I could literally feel the rage,hate,anger,sooo much hate. The more I fear and panic the more excited it becomes. I will post my own thread soon about this experience there is a lot more to tell... I don't know what's happening to me but the experience I've shared is what I'm feeling and seeing.
Toxicwaste (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Adventure_Ms_Aqua, about your rib problem, I believe people who experience SP have diffrent problems and "pains" when experiencing it, you experience a pain in the rib while I experience a pain in my head from a loud noise, the only thing I can do is wait for it to go away, and get a drink, and by then the pain is gone

JPing, iv taken many chill pills, but they arent working 😜
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
"it is said people will experience this 1-2 times in your life time, but I've experienced 12 times now"

I'm not sure where you heard that but I promise you it is wrong. Some people can go their entire lives without experiencing it while others will experience it regularly.

I think you might be being just a bit paranoid. Everyone sees something out of the corner of their eyes and everyone's house makes odd creaking noises.

The glowing tape is odd, but perhaps it just had some glow-in-the-dark properties.

Animals do strange things. Anyone with a pet could tell you that.

I don't think you're being haunted but you are definately having some bad dreams. Perhaps you're just feeling a bit stressed out.

Take a chill pill? Haha, just kidding.😆
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Hi toxic,
I know that you are questioning the readers on this site for help, but hopefully, once I explain, we might share some information we grasp.

Ok, so I've heard about sleep paralysis, and yes, I agree sometimes it can happen many times. When you dream, by the way, do can you ever CONTROL what's in them? For example, if you want to move a certain way, you do, or if you want to see a certain scene, you visualize it? That's lucid dreaming.

Now for my question. Whenever I go through sleep paralysis... (my recent SP yesterday), one of my left ribs really starts to hurt. Whenever I try to relax, the pressure just gets harder, and when I tense up, it helps with the pain. Everything lasts from 30 seconds, to about a minute I suppose. It doesn't matter what position I'm in either. I can be on my back or sides. (I usually don't sleep on my stomach.) Help?

Sorry if I wasn't too much of a help... I just need some answers like the rest of us out here too.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
It is said that when you die in a dream, or see someone else die in a dream, that it means you (or they) are growing. Maybe by it being a demon ripping you to your death, you are growing spiritually and it is making you feel like you are ripped wide open, or maybe you are torn between something horrible in your mind. I think maybe it has something to do with family issues, since you stated that you had a falling out with them. Maybe it is you are growing and you feel torn they aren't as big a part of it as they could be and it is making you feel divided.
Just a thought or two on the subject. I hope it helps.
As for the physical manifestations, I would listen to one of the others. 😁
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Toxic Waste--Whitebuffalo is right on the beam. Her explication of Astral Projection, the burning tongue (as glowing tape), and the sparkles of re-entry are the esoteric hallmarks of the phenomenon. (My own few gambits of it were less dramatic but nonetheless as real, so I believe.) As she recommends, do some reading on the subject. More knowledge often enkindles better self-control--and banishment of irrational fear.
Likewise, whitebuffalo's points 1 & 3. If your brother would speak of what drives him apart, it may help you both, but you're the stronger, as is often the case with more sensitive people.
Please track your progress with us. We're not just curious--we care. I think a new story can be posted (as in Part 2), so we don't lose the thread of your investigations. The entire Universe has energy you can freely draw upon. Call on it and it is yours. God bless.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Nope.
I do NOT think that she is traveling to YOU in her sleep.
YOU are traveling to her. You are HEARING the re-entrance to your physical form, you are experiencing the "flashings" of light. (The tiny specks of light are The Curtain.) The burning tape is the tongue of truth, my friend, and I have only heard of a few people actually SEEING it while they are awake. It is called many things, but that is what The People call it.
You have THREE things going on there.
1. In your sleep you are battling your own personal demons. You will have to work through them on your own.
2. You are astrally projecting yourself to a "safe place" with your protector. You should look up Astral Projection and see how to control it. Some people are very successful with it.
3. You have a ghost in your house. He is NOT your PERSONAL ghost, he is just in your house. Your brother senses him too. Just tell him to leave. That will take care of one of the problems. He is not an alternate ego, or being OF your self. He is an entirely seperate being who has become life impaired.
I hope that cleared things up a bit for you. I am always available if you need a bit more nudging. 😉
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
I think you've received some excellent advice and insight by both James and Whitebuffalo so all I'm going to say is that I hope you will be strong enough and composed enough while dealing with this.

Keep safe.
Toxicwaste (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
thank you guys for your input, I am currently searching into my lands history and trying to get more information on that, and ill let you guys know about it as soon as possible.

Whitebuffalo I do think youre onto something there, now that I think of it, the little girls voice sounded a lot like my girlfriends, she is 3.5 years older then me but has a really cute voice, I told her about the dream and she thought it was weird that I heard her voice because she obviously didn't say anything and she lives 2000 miles away, but she has been my protector for 3 years now, do you guys believe that our strong connection through such distance can cause paranormal events where she might visit me while she is sleeping with out knowing it?

I do believe there is a man in here, because I see a figure sometimes on my tv screen, that's not suppose to be there, and the wall that's being reflected has nothing on it at all to make this figure what's so ever, do you really think its MY ghost as in my "bad" side that my girlfriend is maybe trying to save me from?

Is it possible that my bad "spirit" or my bad "ghost" can leave me because of my girlfriend making me a better person and leaving this "bad" person behind? And now he is trying to get me back? Can this cause paranormal events like the blue flame I saw? The blue flame could resemble new rules being set by my protector, like in the bible when the blue flame burned out, and god told his commandments -well that's what I remember from the bible, do you think this could be similar to that?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hi.
Did Someone call?
You pointed out some very good resources there, JamesRobiscoe. Thank you.
You could also trying looking into the local newspaper archives, Toxicwaste. If your town/city/village has a town historian you may be able to also whittle some answers out of him/her too. Be careful when you talk to one of them though, if they love their job (some actually do it for the enjoyment of it, and it is not their vocation, so you may have to ferret around a bit to see if there is one in town. Paid or otherwise.) you MAY have a hard time getting away once you have gotten the information you desire.
With seven, almost eight years difference between your brother and yourself, and with the frequency of communication that you two share, I do not think I would count on his assistance in checking things out. Even though I have a STRONG sense that he sits in a dark living room to escape the sounds and feel of a room that he feels he may never be comfortable in.
No offense, but I do not feel that you are hearing the sounds of The Ancient Flute. NOR do I feel that you are experiencing Sleep Paralysis. You are battling your own personal demons.
Now, I do NOT mean the demons that are depicted on the telly as creatures of the night who literally tear you to shreds as in the dream that you have BEFORE your experience. I mean the kinds that have brought you BACK to your parents house, BACK living with your brother, BACK to a place where you feel as if you are not a free man any longer. You NOW have restrictions, however lax, but you CAN NOT do SOME of the things you did before (Or am I feeling your brother here? ONE of you is very restless there.)
In the third paragraph you mention a little girl and a very ghostly man. I am going to assume that the little girl comes to you more clearly than the man. She seems a bit more "fleshed out" than he does. I would suggest to you, that SHE is there as a protector. Age means NOTHING on the Other Side. Only in the age of the SOUL. Is she in a cute little dress with a kind of bib around the neck?
The MAN is your ghost. You only need to tell him to move on. He is attached to an out building that has nothing to do with your home any longer. Point that out to him. There is NO lean-to, right?
Also, let your dog be your alarm. If she is not going crazy, let it be. There is nothing for you to worry about. If she is barking at the wall, running around like she just HAS to get out of there, running at, and nipping at things, THEN I would start to worry. She has EXCELLENT senses. Plus, she loves you. She WILL protect you.
Thank you.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
ToxicWaste--Hi, and thanks for the response. I was hoping Rhodes or FRAWIN or whitebuffalo might jump in with advice, since they're seasoned hands with the paranormal, but as they haven't yet commented, I'll do my best for the moment. This will probably be long, as I"m not as incisive or succinct as they are.

Your town or city hall will have information on the land history, and maybe the local librarian can steer you towards a volume of local history. With the house being fairly new, it's less probable spirits would attach to the house as to the land. If others lived in the house before you, a haunting would be more likely individual specific.
A low-pitched sound could be a native American instrument echoing through time, it could be high frequency electrical wires in the vicinty or faulty wiring in the house, or it could be something else not yet explained. Electrical causes are known to cause bad headaches. Whatever it is, you are more sensitive to it than others in the house, and electrical causes can be looked into with an electrician's meter. (Some Ghost Hunting TV programs like "Ghost Hunters" TAPS--Atlantic Paranormal Society--feature the use of these.)
An overload of anxiety can manifest itself in the grisy and horrific visions you experience as well--either conjuring them up from the unconscious fear or causing you to become vulnerable to real demons who prey upon it. That's why I recommended a body physical, to assure you are strong as you can be in the times ahead, whatever they may be.
And then there's the curious incident of the dog in the night...
Toxicwaste (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
i am 19 turning 20, my brother is 27, we live in my parents house to support them since we have huge debts, this house is fairly new but I have no idea the history behind the land it was built on, I have the biggest backyard in any house in this neighbourhood for a few miles if that maks any diffrence? How would I be able to search into my houses land history?
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
ToxicWaste--It's creepy stuff you're enduring, and understandably you would like some explanations. Key elements missing from your account might help the more informed of us make profitable suggestions to you. (Is this your parents' house? How old are you and your brother? What is the history of the building and land?) Have you any notion of the meaning of your visitations and their particularly grisy aspect? My initial reflex is that to start with a level playing field, you might think of getting a physical (not mental) exam so you know you're in good health. To meet other worldly encounters, all of us need to be as strong as possible. God be your protection in the days and weeks ahead. - James
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Sound strange and Maybe you should try to pray about that to make it go away and I believe you what you say all this I get this dream about death too.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: