You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Happenings

 

I have had many encounters with spirits and I am making this story for me and my friends at my school. Well, my friend and I have suspected our school is haunted. I will tell some of the stories. I'll stop rambling on now and start.

I found this website one time and a few weeks later the haunting starts. (My mom works at my school) I was reading the ghost stories here, waiting for my mom when something fell down in one corner of the classroom. I just sat and read the ghost stories and didn't mind it.

And the next day at school, I logged on to this website and I saw a shadow on the wall sort of shaped like a man. At that time I was sort of freaked out. Earlier that day, I heard footsteps IN the classroom. And also one time, my friend said a teacher at school's door opened by itself and sometimes unlocked itself. And sometimes I even felt a presence.

Those are some of the stories. This is my first story so it might not be really good. I don't really know what to do. And on the last day of school, I saw a white arm go through a wall. The weirdest of all, is that when I'm on this website, the weird things happen. All though, some things have happened when I wasn't on this website. What do you think?

Other hauntings by Grox6

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Grox6, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
A white arm through the wall? ๐Ÿ˜จ

I would have freaked out!

I have never experienced anything strange.

But I believe in ghosts!

I suggest you take a pocket bible and read

Some lines if your scared, it might go away.

Good Luck!

God bless you.

And thanks for sharing the story
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
So far now, not many things have happened but it happens still. I have another story too on this.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
I also agree with whitebuffalo although I have been reading experiences on this website for the last year and a half or so & and all my life the paranormal has interested me, though only small things have happened first hand to me.
I believe personal experiences also have a lot to do with your upbringing. ๐Ÿ˜•

Thank you
Claroon (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
Ok so Grox6 I'm kind of agreeing with you here, I'm not sayin the site is haunted or anything jus that since I had a gander at it a few weeks ago small things here and there I have noticed are happening. Maybe because I'm actually interested in hearing peoples stories now as iv never really been that bothered or interested in the paranormal so its making me sense a lot more, maybe because I'm looking out for things...

Only until last night hit the nail on the head for me, I woke in the night to a grey hazie figure leaning over the bed looking at me. Got the biggest shock of my life, nearly had a heart attack. Was so frightened I couldn't even move or wake my partner beside me in the bed.
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
I agree 100% Clare Bear. That's what I thought when these things happened the first few times. Nothing has hppened all my time here before I found this website, but It has happened to other people who have never been to this website before I found it. And sometimes I get scared and want to run out of the room.
xXClaireBearXx (10 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Personally I don't think it's an overactive imagination. The ghost might know that you've been on this website, and think since you believe in spirits (because you have to if you go onto here) that it can show itself to you.
And being the place where coal used to be stored it is most likely the spirit of one of the ghost miners, like Brownie09 said.
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
And also, I'm not saying this website is haunted, it's just that wierd things have been happening. And also, I saw a white arm go into a wall on the last day of school. And furthermore, since I think the ghost is an elderly man, we started calling him Louis.
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
One time my friend's yoyo started spinning out of nowhere. It really freaked me out. And one time, when we were watching a video in my classroom our door was cracked open, then it closed. I'm positively sure that no person closed it.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hi all, but I have to say I'm sorry but I have to agree with White Buffalo. Second I think this is a great website, because it is a site where people can actually come to read other people's stories and some can relate to them, and people not think they are crazy, or other people can make immature comments like some of the other websites I have visited.
Grox6: I am not saying you are wrong, but if other people has noticed things and they have never seen this website, then maybe your school is really haunted, especially if you said they used it to store coal at one time. It might be the spirit of one of the coal miners or the guy that watched over it. I mean that is just my opinion and I don't want anyone to get mad or anything, I'm not calling anyone a liar.
Again like I said I like everyone on here everyone seems nice and love to hear everyone's stories.

So if you have any more updates or stories please post I would love to read them.

~Vicki ๐Ÿ˜Š
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Ok I read the story my friend but I have to say that this is your imagination playing tricks on you. But the comments are great you have to give people credit for that ๐Ÿ˜†!I hope to hear from you soon and take care
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hi Grox6. Your story interested me because I feel the same way. In fact, I intend to write a letter here to all at YGS because ever since I came upon this site, I have active ghostly things happening in our house and never, ever did before. I can relate to you. I am totally freaked out right now because I thought it was just me. My husband knows about this too. I can hardly get a good nights sleep. I will write about it and hopefully its posted here too.

Thanks for writing your story and sorry about your frights and strange things happening. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! ๐Ÿ˜
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
My other friends Haven't ever been to this website and other things have happened. One time my friend and other people said they saw a ghost of a man walking on the field. And also, I learned that my school was used for storing coal a long time ago. But not all of it has happened on this website, just some of it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Martin, Martin, Martin,
Yeah, and I sing like M. Shadows, using just my hairbrush for a microphone with a shower curtain for the backdrop, while dancing like Shakira and painting like Leonardo daVinci with my toes.

Nice to know you have a sense of humor. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
I disagree with you all, this site is so totally haunted. When you first visit it, you have 7 days until you get haunted by female ghosts with long black hair living in wells and during this week, if people take pictures of you, you will always look fuzzy.

Well, that's what I hear ๐Ÿ˜‰

More seriously, I think it is a case of overactive imagination (especially among the younger crowd), but there is something to be said about becoming more sensitive to things that you have an interest in.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
You know, the phrase "Be careful what you wish for" can be applied to many things, and this is one of them.
When something catches our interest we seem to see it, or experience it everywhere. Look at photographers. I mean the ones that do it for the LOVE of it, and not for the money (though it IS a plus if you can achieve both). A GOOD photographer will see the beauty in EVERYTHING: The slope of a roof on a building. In graffiti, in a street urchin selling matches beside a pile of rubbish.
Look at Teachers. There are times when you can pick them out in a crowd just by watching their reactions to the people around them.
When we LIKE something, when we strive to LEARN more about something, we can SEE it just about everywhere we go. I tend to see the elderly in need. Not ALL of those older than me are in need, but I tend to pick out the ones that ARE.
Do you see what I mean? The more we know about something, and the more interest we generate, the more we EXPERIENCE it ourselves, first hand.
But that is just MY opinion.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Okay,that story was creepy but I really don't think this website is haunted, It might be something that happened in that school or something. Do you know any one who other than your friends that might have gone to that school before you, if so they might think you are crazy, but I would ask questions about it. Or it could be in your mind. OR again it could be that the spirit knows that you can sense that it's there, but I do have to agree with everyone else.

Keep posting stories though they are great. ๐Ÿ˜Š
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
I think you desperately want to experience something paranormal and your mind is creating the experience for you. I would have to agree with the other comments, that you're spending too much time on the website. Why don't you try an experiment - find a website that has info and stories about elves, fairies and other creatures of this type and see how long it takes before your school is infested with the "wee folk". I'm not trying to be smart nor am I trying to be rude. I feel that you are in your formative years, the years that you create who you are going to be and what you are going to take with you on this journey called life. Make sure you really want this "paranormal baggage" before you create it.
Take Care.

FRAWIN ๐Ÿ˜Š
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
I definately think you have an overactive imagination. This website can't be haunted, that's ridiculous. What I will say is that after reading stories on this site, much like when you watch a scary story, every little noise jumps right out at you. I agree that you need to limit yourself to the time you spend on this site. I'll admit that after I found this site and read ALL the stories (even those archived) I've started (and have gotten used to) sleeping with the lights on.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
It is very interesting how our minds work. Specially when you are scared out of your wits. Your mind starts making you see things that aren't really there. I am not saying that these things didn't really happen but with what you said that the things happen when you are on the website could very well just be that your mind is playing tricks on you. Untill you do your research and find concrete evidence that the school is haunted I would not worry about it. Maybe burning_flame 87 is right you might be spending too much time on the website.
Good luck and be safe
โค
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Id love to say that I didn't think that most of this is the work of an overactive immagination but I just cant. Perhaps you should stop spending so much time on this site. I remember when I first found it some of the things here freaked me out.
Casper4 (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Ok that's just way creepy... So all this happened while you were here on this very website? I'm sorry I have no explaination on that! But thanks for the chills...
God Bless
Casper4 ๐Ÿ˜Š

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: