You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Chase

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Chase

 

All this happened a few years ago when my father and I were driving through the countryside in Shropshire late one night in December a few years ago. I hardly know how to put this story as it was such a strange experience, so please bear with me on this.

It was around 1:00 am, maybe 1:30. We were driving through Bridgenorth in Shopshire. My dad and I had come up from London to visit a few relatives that lived way out in the open countryside. I was quite sleepy as it was so late, but I stayed awake to keep dad company. So, my dad was only driving around 20 mph as the lanes were very tight. I looked out the window on my passenger side and I saw a woman in a long white nightie running very fast across the field. I watched her for a few seconds, then something behind her caught my eye, a man in a cloak and top hat was running after her. I could hear the woman crying and shouting to get away. I rubbed my eyes and again I could see the black man in a cloak and top hat running after her. I turned round to my dad and told him to stop the car.

I jumped out of the car and ran to the gate of the field but they were both gone. The screams and crying had stopped and it was dead silence. I rushed back in the car and told my dad to drive around the field so I could find her and see if she was ok, but nothing. I told my dad what I had seen, but he said he didn't see anything as he was keeping his eyes on the road. We must have drove around at least three or four times but I couldn't find her. Within three seconds she and the black figure that was chasing her had disappeared from the field.

Can anybody give some understanding of this?

Many thanks, Penny (misfitsdoll)

Other hauntings by misfitsdoll

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, misfitsdoll, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I agree that this holds the flavor of a residual haunt, misfitsdoll.
How wonderful that your Dad was patient enough to drive about as many times as he had, and it is comforting to know that you would have jumped to the rescue if needed. Though, I would caution you next time, as it may be a real life experience, and not the retelling of a highly emotional state by the energies left behind. 😊
Have you gone back to see if it could be viewed again?
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Penny that was a courageous but foolhardy thing to do running to the woman's rescue all alone.

I 'm inclined to believe that what you experienced that day was a residual type of haunting where the energy of a long forgotten scene was playing over and over again. Whatever you might have done, I doubt you would have been noticed by either of the figures since they were no more than an imprint on time.

Thank you for sharing a very interesting encounter with us once again!
IBelieve (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
I have seen many things when other people were around me. Just because they didn't see it, doesn't mean I didn't. I believe you were awake and saw a old memory replaying itself. If you have ever watched anything on the paranormal it is said that a place with a lot of quartz in the ground can hold such memories and replay them over and over.
It would be interesting to see if you could find out some information on the area
Thanks for the story I enjoyed reading it.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I found it very interesting. I believe that there is one thing that can be explained. Either you were very tired and the mind was playing tricks on you which is possible or it realy was a spirit chassing another one. And I am actually leaning towards this explanation. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
misfitsdoll (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hey Guys,

Just to clear up I was definatly awake, I even made sure I wasn't imagining it by rubbing my eyes but alas they were still there 😊 The woman had long black hair and looked absolutly terrifed of the man she was being chased by, I really hope the woman whomever she was finds peace one day ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hello misfitsdoll. Only you know for sure if you were asleep or awake. If indeed what you saw was paranormal in nature, what you witnessed was probably a residual haunting. Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was interesting. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Misfits, you got to see what most of us would die for, if you will excuse the pun. Talk about right out of Jane Eyre! Wonder what grand old stories could be 'dug up' in that area of the woods. Thank you so much for sharing that!

Blessings and hugs, Anne
babybis (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
What you saw were ghost. Besides the part that you were sleepy. Because when you are sleeping, you dream of things you were thinking of before you fell asleep.

The reason they vanished was definetly because they were ghost.

Probably a scene from when they both died.

Aries <3
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Sounds like you were just very tired and possible were dreaming when you experienced this. Some people have night terrors, where you dream actually continues after you've woken up. Since your father didn't see anything, that's just what I feel may have happened. I'm sure it was an eerie experience nonetheless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: