You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Re-occurring Dream 3

Real Ghost Stories

Re-occurring Dream 3

 

This is not written so well as I am very tired today. Last night I had the dream again and I am absolutely exhausted. Well, you have had two parts, only the second being more terrifying than the first for me.

Last night (18th August 2008) I kissed my partner goodnight and Inca has snoozed off in my little room on his bed. Last night was strange. I felt very sad, but at the same time afraid and aware of someone or something in the bedroom. I don't know why my thoughts were with my grand mother. I cried for about an hour. All this time the sadness turned to fear. I could feel this presence near me somewhere in the bedroom. At one point I thought about putting the radio on but I was exhausted. I actually believed because I was so tired I was feeling all these emotions. I kept hearing the chair moving. We have a computer in the bedroom with one of those swivel chairs. I kept hearing the chair make swivel, a little, like someone was sitting there. A voice inside kept telling me he was waiting for me. The last time I looked at the clock it was coming up to around 10. 30 pm. I did awake a few times to the sound of heavy breathing, I kept dismissing it all. I must have finally fallen asleep about 11:00 p.m.

The dream - Up until now, apart from one, when I have this dream it is always in one of the family homes. This one was not. It was in a bank or what appeared to be a bank. My eldest son is sitting on the computer trying to un-code something I am with my partner on a couch. The room was dark and huge. The walls were grey, a misty grey, it was almost like a palace. Me and my partner were messing around on the couch, play fighting intimately, we were laughing, joking. The guard walked in, dressed in a grey uniform, he told us we had to leave, the power was about to die in the building. It was when the guard walked in that I was overwhelmed with fear in my dream. It was him. I ran to my son and told him to get out, in fact I shouted to him to get out, I turned to my partner and told him to leave as well. I turned around and the guard was sitting on the desk. Strange he was sitting sort of crouched down. It was him, I had no where to run. He turned around and before I could do anything, I was wrapped in his arms, the clothes had turned black, I don't know how we were both on the floor. I was on top of him, he had a hold of me from the back, one arm was around my neck, and he used his other hand to try to stop me from shouting for help. I tried and tried to get out of his grip but could not, he is strong, powerful. I don't think I have ever been so scared, he was suffocating me. I managed to shout help three times, the third being very loud. It was at that point that my partner came running into the bedroom. He had to shake me out of this one. Inca even came running into the bedroom, she jumped on the bed and sat right next to me. My poor partner just held me, what else could he do.

After a glass of water, my partner tucked me back into bed, left the lamp on, and asked if I would be ok. I of course, said yes. Inca stayed on the bed with me. I think she waited until I had gone back to sleep before she snoozed of.

I do not know what this person wants from me, last night he waited and waited and again went for it.

Colour of clothes, he started with black then to white to grey back to black. I seriously don't have the energy to fight him off, it is becoming almost impossible, he seems to be grabbing me from behind.

Other hauntings by Surya

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
thespook,
Unnfortunately I cannot control this particular dream. It is not mine if that makes sense. 😢
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
lilblackpom
Thank you for reading my story. I am sure with the help of everyone here I will get to the bottom of these dreams.
Thnx
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hello Surya. I am sorry to hear about your recurring dream. It sounds like you are exhausted too. I am sorry I can't help you with this, but I am sure others on this site can (such as Tammy). Thank you for sharing this story. I have never had dreams like this, the dreams I remember, and there isn't a lot of them, are usually good ones. Take care of yourself 😊
thespook (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
you are so lucky to have reoccurring dreams, from that stage you can enter lucid dreaming, some of the best fun you can have in your life. All you have to do is have the same dream, and when you have it, you know you are dreaming. When you know you are dreaming, you can basically control your dreams and do anything youve ever wanted
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi Chris,
Thank you for reading my story.

I do everything and anything to go to bed thinking of something else, that is why I put the radio on, or I will lie in bed and imagine myself in a place full of love, peace, I get as far as sitting on the green grass and looking up at the light, I don't know what happens then, he gets to me somehow so I am in this dream with him. All so confusing.

Thanks again.
Meena
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi Tammy,
Thank you for that. I have tried to analyse the dream as well, but cannot make heads or tails of it. Whilst some think it is just a dream from exhaustion, I know it is not, there is something behind it, it has been going on for to long. I have only put three of the dreams on here. There have been so many nights that this presence has tortured me. I can remember each and everyone right from when they started.

Meena
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Templar,
I have told him to go away, leave me and my family alone, I have gone as far as saying F...K Off, it has not effect. I have a pendant with Mother Mary hold Baby Jesus which I always keep under my pillow and when I go to bed I always have it held in my hand. I also have my crystals on the window pane, I have cansles burning and incense. To top it up I have the radio on all night or until my partner comes to bed when he will turn the radio off.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
momma78
I always burn incense always have. I especially burn it before I go to bed. Would be great if you could find out what incense your friend burns though. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thnx
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
FRAWIN
What you are saying is since 1994 which is roughly when this re-occurring dream started I have been really exhausted, I don't know.
Thanks though
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi matticus
Thnk you for reading my story. Answer your question, I do sleep with the lamp on and candles so far as to leaving the hallway light on as well.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Although I don't like being too quick to judge, I do feel that your fear and anxiety should not be taken lightly at this point. I would be more than willing to look into the symbolism of the dream- I have been doing that for the past two days before commenting (the guard=keeper, the palace=divinity/order) but still I think it would be reading too much at this point since you seem to be very tensed and the dreams might-just might be an outcome of that. And yet, I'll be on the look out to see if it persists, to see if there's actually a repetitive pattern.

I'll get back to you.

Tammy ❤
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
At this point and because you are so open due to exhaustion send it away! Before you sleep say out loud authoritatively, "Go Away and Stop Bothering Me! Go throughout the house in places it might hide during the day and do the same. Take a religious symbol you believe in and place it next to your bed. Be assertive don't fear because that is what attracts it. Open windows and add positive energy to the house, like smells, flowers, fresh paint, this throws them off. Finally in your mind imagine the house your room, your self and family members as bathed in a healing white light, do this as you feel and think positive thoughts. It will go away. Don't acknowledge fear or think of it anymore and it's energy will disapate.
momma78 (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Have you tried burning incense in your room? I'm not exactly sure what kind to use, but I remember my friend telling me to burn incense to keep bad spirits out of my room. (I tried calling her to see what type of incense it was, but she didn't answer)
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hello Surya. I personally think it has to do with your exhaustion, I know that when I'm in that condition I have killer nightmares. But if you feel that there is more to it than just dreams I would have the house and myself blessed/cleansed according to your belief system. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
matticus (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
ahh noo I'm so sorry to hear about this continuing to you.
...try sleeping with a light near you... It may stop him... He seems to only get you in your sleep... But as you said you heard him in the chair...
Maybe he has to grab you when your in physical to do this to you in your dream... I don't know where I'm going with that sorry. 😭
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hi Surya. Thank you for sharring this story with us. I think what girlie is trying to say is that if we think about something or fear something there is a chance that this will happen in our dream. It is wierd. I think it is caused by the mind thinking about that thing all the time. But I see that you tried explaining that and didn't see no answer. I wish I could help you my friend but I REALY don't know a lot about dreams. I bet there are a lot of other people who will help you here. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hi Girlie,

What you have said, I did actually come to that conclusion once. Unfortunately that is the way it goes. Girlir there is being scared and being scared, if you know what I mean.

Thank you for reading the story.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hi Tonith
Thank you reading my story. I have only written three about three of the dreams, but this dream has been with me for years. I did when I first had it think it was just a nightmare however now I am convinced it is not. As I have stated, I know when this presence is around, and some nights I try to stay awake so I do not have to go through what I do in the dream with this presence. These dreams come in waves, I have this dream for weeks on end and then a short break. But I always know when he is back. I have asked for him to leave me and my family alone, go away. I have even apologised but to no avail.

"Then you may have a spirit that is trying to communicate with you..."

I have been told this by 3 people but I do not know how to speak to him as in the dreams he just attacks.

Thank you once again.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
HI Surya, this I don't belive. I mean how can you have re-occurring dream storys and have differten drems that keep on re-occurring. You know I think you just have a dream and think it's re-occurring so you can have a story. Or like again you get scared from the dearm all day then you have the dream again becausre you where thinking about it. Then you get scared again and there you go you have a re-occurring dream all because your scared of the dream. Like last time.
GIRLIE 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
I would think exhaustion would be the main word in this story. Don't know how you are but if deprived of sleep most of us can get weird. I am also very leary of anything that happens in repose. There is such a thin line between thinking we are awake and actually being awake. This aside, I don't know what you are experiencing if all the aboved mentioned isn't accurate for your event. Then you may have a spirit that is trying to communicate with you. They have been known to enter our dream state when we are not understanding their intention in our waking state. Once you start investigating it, you may find out it was only your dream state. A video camera or a digital recorder can help to find out if you are imagining things or not. You don't want something robbing you of your rest. It's your home, take charge of the situation. Investigate. Then you will know if you can live with this or you want it gone. You can send it away. It does not have to dominate your existence.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: