You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: It's Not Over

Real Ghost Stories

It's Not Over

 

I was under the impresion that since I had not heard anything recently that maybe things had kind of gone back to normal. Little did I know that things were just getting started.

I was under the impression that since I had not heard anything recently that maybe things had kind of gone back to normal. Little did I know that things were just getting started.

I was in my bedroom watching television with my husband and the remote to the television was at our feet. We have a king size bed and it is pretty far for me at least to reach it from where it was. It was no where close to my hubbie's feet either. Well, all of a sudden the channel changes. I thought that he had kicked the remote and he thought that I had kicked it. We both did not say anything he got up and reached for it. That is when I noticed he was no where close to it. He put it back in the channel that it was in and he laid back down. All of a sudden again the television changes but this time the DVR goes on and we are both looking at it and it is selecting programs to record. My husband looks at me and I look at him, then we both look at the remote and no one is touching (so we think.) He grabbed it and cancelled the program that was going to record but when he did that he noticed that there had already been a few kids programs that were set up to record which my kids don't know how to do and we did not do it.

Needless to mention this has happened several times including the night before last.

At first I thought that maybe the batteries, but no batteries going dead will start setting up a program to record.

It was very scary to see the television going through the screens all by itself.

Other hauntings by luvparanormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luvparanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hi everyone! Than you for all of the comments it shows me that there is a lot of moral support in this website and even if I don't ever get to meet any of you in person I have grown to see many of you as friends.

To answer some of the questions on here let's see:
Lilblackpom, I would like to ask you to go to my profile and when you get a chance read through my stories in them you will see that there are many of the advises you gave me that I have already done and yet continue to have these experiences. They go away and then come back it's a bit strange. As far as "what does my husband think of it" he mocks me. Which makes me angry eventhough he has had things happen to him he continues to be sceptic. But he does respect how I feel about it. Eventually he will come thru.

ChrisB,
Yes, as a matter of fact I have heard laughter and a child playing when my kids were sound asleep. I think I wrote about it in one of my stories.

ILoveBaby,
I thought the same thing too but then discarted it when my neighbor was not home the times that it happened.

White buffallo,
They say great minds think a like! I have looked at the channels it falls on and looked at what it was trying to pick and for some strange reason it is every time I am looking at a show that is about jail and murder or ghosts that is when it happens. I have checked to see if maybe the kids playing had set it to record but my husband said "how could they do that when you can only record if you have the password and they don't" so I am now doing my own investigation on it. Everytime it changes and selects a channel I am writting it down to see if there is a pattern so we will see.

brute (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
😲 that story is scary I don't want to loose my remote again in my room 😨 that is scary
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Well, I went back to your stories about the neighborhood and I just wanted to say, skip the part in my comment about the electronic devices. Oh, my! What in the world's happening in your neighborhood? Since so many people have had SO MANY experiences, there's no way you could disgard this as some sort of malfunction.

I also read Whitebuffalo's comment and the question she asked you. I'd be interested in knowing the answer to that too.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hello, luv. Curiosity here, did you happen to check out the programs that were set to record? Were they something that if YOU had chosen them would be something you would wish the children to view?
Messages come to us in a variety of ways, and perhaps there was a message in that. OR perhaps it was allowing you to look further than the channel flipping to KNOW that what you both were experiencing was out of the paranormal.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hi luv, thanks for a very interesting encounter!

I would normally agree with the previous posters who say that electronic devices are not to be trusted. It's true that the switching of channels as well as recording on its own can be nothing more than malfunctions but if this house has been witness to paranormal experiences in the past, it would be better to examine the latest experience from a different prospective. If I remember correctly it is not just this one event so maybe you should observe what else happens more closely.
ilovebaby (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Dear Luv,
The exact same thing happened in our household and it really freaked me out. It turned out our neighbor's universal remote was on the same frequency as ours and every time he changed the channel or recorded something, it did it to our TV too. 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Wow this was a very creepy story you sharred with us. I to would be scarred seeing all these channels going by. Good thing you were not alone. I don't remeber exaclty your last story but Is there a chance that you guys have a child ghost in your home? Thansk again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hi luv. Well I can't believe your stories about your new home. It must be scary sometimes but if you stay there, you probably will adapt to this and kind of get used to it happening all of the time. Maybe you should try talking to whatever it is. I mean if you want it to leave, you can let it know by saying you want it to leave and it is your new home now and you will take care of it. Also say in the name of Jesus, you want it to leave and go into the light. You can bless the house also. I don't know what else to say except that I would have been scared too. What does your husband think by the way?

Take care of yourself and God Bless. Jude ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: