You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Friend?

Real Ghost Stories

Friend?

 

I don't live in Philadelphia anymore. In fact, I live in North Wales. And here's some news... I think my house is haunted by a young, playful boy.

When I first saw this boy, he was standing behind me while I brushed my hair in a mirror. He was dressed in white with black shoes. He had blond hair and a playful, round face. He was smiling as he played with a toy airplane. When I had finished brushing my hair, turned of the light and opened the door, he seemed to brush by me to get through. Of course, he never hurt me, but he sure moved stuff. In fact...

Just a few days ago, I was up in my room. I JUST got back from summer camp. I put a red guitar pick on the ground, got up, and walked ACROSS THE ROOM to my desk. I did not touch the pick except to put it on the floor.

When I opened my journal, the guitar pick SOARED across the room and hit my journal, when it landed I heard a playful giggle and the running of small feet. I think this "boy" thinks I'm his sister or his mom or something... OR, maybe he just wants to be my friend. Sometimes I see a faint white blur.

EVERY ghost encounter has happened when I am alone. The ghost seems friendly... And shy. I tried to play a card game with him. He either wasn't there or didn't want to play. How can I train myself to see the other side so I can see him?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JrGhostHunter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JrGhostHunter (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
You know what? Many, many people I have told this to asked me if I tried to talk to him yet.

What do you guys think about talking to him on Halloween. Isn't that when it is said their world and our world are the closest?
xDistrubedx (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
Ghost encounters seem to happen when I am alone too. Except twice. Anyways - He seems like a friendly ghost but it can get quite bothersome. Have you tried talking to the little boy? Do you think he wants something?
JrGhostHunter (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
THanks, you guys are a REAL help. I am so glad I have someone to confide to! ❤
Thanks SO much!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Oh, be careful what you wish for, JrGhostHunter, you just might get what you wish for, but at a different degree. With this and your other story as background, I am wondering why it is that you feel you need pointers? It SOUNDS like you have had occurrences and CAN see the Other Side.
I feel there are just some beings that do not/will not/can not be seen. For whatever reason they CHOOSE not to use the visual, but would rather be heard or sensed. Perhaps they have tried it before and frightened someone, or they are shy.
I do not have all of the answers, I just know that some of my experiences have LEFT OUT a sense or two at times. Not ALL of them are full fledged visions. Sometimes it is just the entities decision.
Thank you.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Well, you can try talking to him and asking what his name is, why is he still on this earth and hasn't transcended to the other side yet. Maybe you could also help him to go "into the light". My younger brother that passed is a playful spirit around my house from time to time. He is not always here but has moved things, etc. Take care of yourself and hope you find out what to do. Jude
JrGhostHunter (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Thanks Hoochler! That is really good advice and I will look onto that soon. 😊
😆Lol! The spirit likes to spook your cat. And I thought that's the Thunderstorm's Job! 😆
Thanks everyone!
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
We believe this to be a poltergeist, and poltergeist are more frequently active to young females.

It does sound a little like he makes a good effort to contact you, it is important to understand that the young fellow is limited to specific events and memories.

The pick... Does he like music? Cards was a failure, but what about music? All white maybe he was in a choir? The contact has been made, now you need to understand what he is telling you. Remember you are playing in his sand box, and he has a story to tell you specifically. Just be open minded... He chose you.

Keep us posted great story, MNPROPHET

😁
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hi blackrabbit, I like the part of your comment about the spirit likes chasing your cat, poor cat. Jr, if you really want to do that only you your self knows when you are ready. You might see a lot of things that you don't want to. Just be careful. 😊
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hi Jr! First thought that omes to my mind is that you are what I call a sensitive, or you would not had the experience you already did. We lived with a spirit that never revealed themselves to the six previous owners, none of them into this subject AT ALL, so I ASSUME Andy knew we were 'sensitive' owners. I believe, imho, that the spirits choose what they will allow you to see, hear, witness. If they want to be seen, it is THEIR choice, not ours. I would love to hear other people's opinions. If this is not right, and we have to train ourselves (I missed out on those lessons and still 'see') Hoochler has a good method! I call it my bubble can share more on that if you want to read it.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hello, to answer your question of how do you train yourself to see the other side, are you sure that is something you want? Although I believe that power (and much more) lies dormant within us all, I caution against pursuing it lightly. Think about how such a gift (and possibly more) would change your life before you invite it in, because I think it is harder to turn such power off than it is to acquire in the first place.

The actual method to get such a power is simple, however, and is as easy as learning how to meditate and then meditating a lot. Once your meditations bring you to a different mental place, gently ask the universe (or whatever higher power you believe in) and your higher self to awaken within you the power to see the dead who have not passed on (or really to see more clearly into the Astral plane). Believe yourself that one day you will have this power, state this believe out-loud to yourself as an affirmation many times each day. Also, just before you fall asleep at night and in the morning right when you wake up, repeat your affirmation out loud. When you are waking or drifting off to sleep you have the best chance to speak more directly with your subconscious.

Keep asking the universe and your higher self to awaken this power within you. Eventually, it will happen. Good luck.
Hoochler
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hey. I have a playful spirit also. But the only thing Samantha does is hide stuff or put them in obvious places. She also likes to knock down things like toys, pans, and etc whenever I have a friend over. She likes to keep to herself, but is a bit funny when she wants to be known. I don't know how to teach yourself to see him, but I taught myself to read people not to long ago. Its pretty cool, just focus on him and think about him, it works. Hope you figure it out.

Katona1700s ❤
blackrabbit (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
I had a somewhat playful spirit in the first house I bought. I'll post the whole story soon but I think it really enjoyed spooking my cat. He would bolt from the bedroom to the living room and look back down the hall like something had chased him and then he's go outside and not come back for hours. When he came back he'd be very cautious coming into the house. I know cats bolt around from time to time but he was always puffed up and his heart was racing like something really spooked him, like when he would get into fights with other cats or dogs. It happened alot. I saw the spirit a few times until I asked it to stop shwoing itself when it showed itself to my kid, but een after that it still enjoyed spooking the cat. I think it was the old lady who lived there before me but no matter what it was it really liked chasing my cat.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: