You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Whispering, Scratching, Smells, Spinning Out

Real Ghost Stories

Whispering, Scratching, Smells, Spinning Out

 

I felt that my last post was just that, my last. However I am afraid that this has not been the case. For starters, the whispering has continued. I have tried to record these whisperings as previously suggested, however, I have not had much luck. I will persist on this though.

The other thing is a weird smell that I just can't figure out. I first noticed this last week (around Wednesday) it smelt like some dead animal and it was originating from around the floorboards in the back room. Not suspecting anything beyond normal, I had a quick look under house only to find nothing sick, dying or dead. On Saturday I took the opportunity to look up in the roof, around the house and back under the floorboards, but still as of yet, I have not found the source of smell. This smell has become a minor annoyance to say the least, and I am trying to work on ways to cover it up until I got to the bottom off it.

Another strange occurrence happened on Sunday night whilst cooking in the kitchen. I heard a distinct scratching/scraping in the roof. Thinking that this was the animal or thing that was stinking up my house, I turned off the stove and went back up in the roof and again found nothing and could not hear anything. It was at this point that I started to connect these events up with what has happened previously.

The last incident I would like to share happened last night and it is by far the worst yet. I had been watching some lame comedy on TV when I began to doze off on the lounge. I am not sure how long I was dozing before I was awoken by what felt like massive pressure on my chest. I knew this was not my imagination or a dream as it was considerably painful and I could feel my breath catching, failing, almost. Clutching my chest and struggling for breath I tried very hard to sit up. This proved to be useless, so with what little energy I had, I rolled myself off the lounge and onto the floor. I now began to now feel the room spin (I had not been drinking or smoking anything funny) and then I guess I can't really remember what happened next as I blacked out, coming around I guess, about half an hour later, I think. Unfortunately, at some point I had been sick all over myself, so all in all, not a pleasant experience.

My initial curiosity from my last stories had now turned back into concern.

Other hauntings by sittingonthefence

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sittingonthefence, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

stefiisawr (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
As I said on your story "Further Experiences 2", I believe the being in your house is either a very evil entity or of demonic nature. Please be careful and if I were you I would seek the advice and/or help of a professional. Best of luck and I hope it doesn't get any worse.
Nightshayde (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-04)
Oh, you poor, poor thing! I feel sooo bad for you! I do actually feel your pain, because that's happened to me, before. I sure hope it doesn't happen again. I'm 17, now, and my man keeps saying that at night, he feels like I'm not there, and he starts to panic. I wish I could cure him, I miss the old him. Please, help me.
sittingonthefence (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Floorboards were clean and unscratched. The walls in back of house around the source of scratching are new. No signs of animal inhabitation on ground under house or anywhere else. There is no sign of mouse or rat droppings, nothing. Last night I felt at unease, something is really troubling me and I can't say it is personal as I am pretty satisfied with life etc. I will be visiting a medical centre today. There is not history of heart complaint in my family so I am not sure what to expect. Thanks again to all interested.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hmm, generally with heart attacks, or at least as is my understanding, you can't really just get better from one. You either get immediate medical assistance, or you stop living.

I was going to call Sleep Paralysis on this one until you mentioned that you were clutching your chest from the pressure. Simple fear/panic may have caused the passing out and the vomiting, but it sounds to me like something rather unpleasant has taken up room and board in your place and doesn't like you being there.

Burning sage and/or lavender, sprinkling salt around the walls, praying, hanging religious symbols that are important to you... There are a lot of options available to you for helping expel malevolent spirits. I'd suggest doing some research into them (even just looking at similar stories on here, lots of good suggestions in the comments for how to protect one's home to go around) and giving some of them a shot.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hello, sittingonthefence.
Good job on the investigation side of things. A couple other thoughts. You pulled up the floor boards, what does the flip side of the wood look like? Any damage of any sort? Is there any way to look inside the walls? (Most generally that is a bit difficult to do, we have actually had to cut sections out of the bottom of the wall as NEAR the floorboard as possible, to get to some little bugger)
IF there is a dead animal in the wall, that could account for the scratching that you are also experiencing in the vicinity of the roof. Sounds like you have thought through the process, just thought I would offer up some of our experience.
I would not just look at your heart, when going to the doctor. From what you wrote, that could ALSO be a panic attack. Some people get them once in a lifetime and they are so intense that they cause a black out. Others get them at regular intervals. There is a wide range of experiences going through them, and it IS something that can go unnoticed for YEARS before it is discovered to be a problem.
I will look for an update.
Thank you for this story.
sittingonthefence (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Thanks for feedback and concern. Yes there are some good suggestions here that I will follow up on. As I said before, I will definitely check out the health side of things as well. There is also some other stuff going on which I will post at a later date. If this activity is supernatural, I don't think it is very friendly, not dangerous as such (although I will reconsider if health checks come up clear) but not at all happy/friendly.
jsm36 (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Those feelings you had in your lounge sound very much like the symptoms of a heart attack (crushing chest pain, breathlessness, severe lack of energy, even vomiting). Get yourself checked out before you start blaming ghosts.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi sittingonthefence. I agree with the others here that posted earlier. Your ghost/spirit does not have a very good personality! The people here have good suggestions for you to pursue. I hope you take care of yourself and do seek medical attention as you say. Take care of yourself. Jude
sittingonthefence (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
No I am not with any society at present. The smell is coming and going and guest have noticed it as well, will be ruling medical when I see doctor in a couple of days
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Sittingonthefence--Experiences appear to be accumulating to a stage beyond your debunking efforts. A physical occurence like yours sounds a bit perilous, and if not just a one off, I'd see a doc for assurance on that. Whatever it was that started months ago is ramping up the force, and as Rhodes says, I don't like the sounds of it. Maybe it's what isolated (or killed) the elderly previous tenant. I know that sounds extravagant, but an ouonce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Are you still connected with the paranormal society you previously mentioned?
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hello sittingonthefence. It does indeed sound like you have a stinking ghost in your house. There are several methods to cleanse or bless a house-pick one you're comfortable with. As for the attack on the lounge it could have been either spiritual or medical, if I were you I would eliminate one and concentrate on fixing the other. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
I get the same feeling as you about your encounter. Had it been something trying to attract your attention it could have chosen to do a number of things that are less abnoxious. Since many of us consider that spirits and ghosts retain the personality they had when still alive, I'd say your 'visitor' is not a benevolent one.

Check our site for cleansing practices-Shane has an incredible suggestion. Try that as many times as you have to and observe if there's a change of any sort.

I have no idea what it is that resides in your household but, just to be on the safe side, take all necessary precautions!

I don't know- I just don't like this!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: