You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Son Has a Ghost Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My Son Has a Ghost Friend

 

My son, who just turned 4 last month, has told me in the past about having a ghost friend. I have asked many questions about his friend but my son never really tells me anything that's consistent so I brush it off.

Yesterday, he was in his bed room watching a movie and I went into his room to check on him and he was leaning over his turtle's tank and the room smelt very strongly of perfume. I asked him what he was doing and he told me that he had poured a bottle of perfume into his turtle's tank. I immediately get furious as he knows full well that the turtle tank is off limits as he has been in trouble for touching the tank before. He started saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" and I asked him why we did that, as he could have killed our turtle, he told me that his ghost friend made him, that he didn't want to and that his ghost friend makes him follow his bad rules. I told him that his ghost friend is not welcome in our house and he needs to go to the other side. My son was upset and said that he would miss his friend and he's a good friend.

I need some advice as I'm not sure how to deal with this and how to help my son part with his "friend". Please feel free to leave a message or email me at susan_adkins [at] hotmail [dot] com. I would appreciate it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

IDontLikeBimbos (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
I think the only person who has put a decent comment so far here is Jessy. I would stick with what she suggests.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
I think anonymous has a good point. This is a very young child, why assume he is talking about a ghost? He may just be acting on childish whim. Although some children may sense ghosts, not all do.
aadia1030 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-31)
I agree. The post from anonymous was not fair. I knew what a ghost was at age 4. I believe talking to your son and finding out more imformation about his 'friend' is a good chioce. Then cross reference imformation on the house from documents and neighbors to find out if in fact it could be a ghost. Good luck and I hope everything works out.
Miss_Codi_47 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-03)
The comment from annoynmous wasn't fair. It's crazy what 4year olds no! I didn't think My 2yr old (now 3) neice knew what dead & killing was her mum and dad don't talk about that stuff but she knew because she is one of the smartest kids you could ever meet. So your son probably does no what ghost is and yeah it will probably be a imaginary friend. Some kids are smarter than others! I don't know how to help but if his friend turns good then let me know =]
yoshie257 (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
the thing to do is have everyone at the table hold hands and say please be good not bad if bad you will go away and never come back so tell it that and that should work ok
eric (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
Well person from story one I Think that if you
find out who this ghost is maybe you should have a sayonce for it but before you do a little studing on how it died and when it died then get a priest if it gets dangouris because it can hurt you and your son .
Sincerly Eric Machado age 13
oj (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
Have you seen the messngers?He must be seeing ghost like that.You should get taps (a.k.a)GHOST HUNTERS.You should get a person whose talk's to ghost now hurry.
southern monkey (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
4 years old see things but it migh not be a ghost he's probally just like any other 4 year old with an imaganery friend. Talk to him about it. Maybe look up the histiory on the house your living in he could be telling the truth
anonymous (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
Im sorry-but how would a 4 yr old know what a ghost is even my 4yr old son does not have a clue what one is and I would not dream of telling him.
My little boy said to me at the dinner table I'm going to play with Ben under the table I knew full well he was playing games cause when I asked him who Ben was he had not a clue what I was talking about.
(A pyschologist!!!!!,criky I would not take it that far)-Susan I'm sure your little boy is fine and its just typical boy behaviour,my son blames my 9 month old baby for things she could not possibly have done-kids don't like getting into trouble.
Is my comment fair?
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
Dear Susan, Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to make my comment and/or suggestion not only to you, but to all of the other readers here. I hope you will not take offense and nor do I question parenting skills. As always you and the other readers are free to choose to take some, all or nothing of what I say. Not all issues are caused by paranormal phenomena. I would like to suggest that people play detective first. Investigate and eliminate all possible accepted "normal" causes. It may help to write them down as a list with added notations, and then cross them off as you go. Remember to include your "self" on the list. Many times we look for the source outside of ourselves, the outside world, other people and paranormal phenomena. If after your detective work is completed, and you still do not have answers, then you may want to strongly choose to seek help from those who can best help bring a solution or closure to your now current issues. The help may simply come from just asking those around you for help to going to get counseling, getting a medical check-up, and/or engaging a spiritual person and/or those knowledgeable about the paranormal. Of course, when issues arise and you need immediate answers and help, common sense would dictate to seek the best resolve at that moment, even if it is the best you can do in that moment. Laying boundaries down to people around you and asking for what you want will help greatly. People, especially children need to have all of your ground rules with your included boundaries and limitations set out in front of them. All your cards on the table. This also includes the consequences. When these boundaries are crossed, then it is time to use your discipline to carry out the consequences with no mixed signals. Repeat, repeat and follow through. Sometimes it takes all of us, even myself many times to carry this out or to receive this message. It is best to teach both sides. All people want to be loved, recognized, heard, respected, praised and cared about. All people, especially children want to please those who love them, so when they do something another person dislikes, it is difficult to tell the truth when caught going over the boundaries. Each person needs to know the reason why they are held responsible for their actions and even though they have made a mistake you still love them. Some of us are slow learners. People and children learn from their parents and other people. I feel we are responsible for ourselves, but we are also as good as our teachers. Another note, children are sensitive to anything going on in a household and many times all they want from adults is for them to listen and pay attention to them. Sometimes, unacceptable behavior is just a red flag for help, love and attention. As for ghosts if they are the cause of a person's behavior, then they need to leave or you need to leave the house, especially if they are causing the person whether adult or child to do things he/she would not normally do. Explore all avenues and find the solution that works best for you and your loved one(s). My prayers to you and your family. All shall work out.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
Susan I have told many people in the past this and I will repeat it now. Children, especially young children can and often do see things that we as adults can not. It is because their minds have not been polluted by the judgements of others. You may find it hard to get the church involved in this as they have taken a hard stance on the subject. The best way would be to located a Native American Shaman and have them perform a cleansing ceremony on your home. The best way to locate one is to find a reservation close to your home. You may find that they ask for a donation, its usually nothing large. If you find someone asking an outrageous amount they are probably a fraud. So please be careful. As for dealing with your son after the departure of his "friend", small children recover from these things way better than we would give them credit for. Don't let the comments of a few here frighten you. I have been doing ghost research for the better part of 26 years now and have yet to come across a true demonic presense. Peace and God's love be with you, and good luck.
confusedjose (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
this friend IS a ghost, imaginary friends do NOT tell thier other friends to do bad things

when I was reading this I got an image of a man with a beared and mustache in my head this is a demon, he takes the form of a child to get to your child and make him turn against you!! PLEASE DO NOT REJECT THIS THIS IS TRUE!! GO TO A PRIEST TO BLESS YOUR HOUSE!! BEFORE DOING THIS FORCE THE DEMON TO LEAVE!! ASK YOUR CHILD MORE THINGS ABOUT THE DEMON AND WHAT IT MAKES HIM DO THEN TELL YOUR CHILD TO LEAVE HIS FRIEND EXPLAIN THAT HE IS NOTHING BUT IMAGINARY, Please do not freak because this has happened to my cousin and his daughter

please contact me if you have any questions
DANIELLE (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
if you would like to get rid of the ghost. tell it to leave you alone.
say that you would like it to atleast leave your baby alone,and tell it to go to the light. maybe you should try to get some more info about it. that way you can call it by name. I dont think its evil, but if it is you should get some holy water and bless your house.sprinkle it in every corner, if it sizzles, then its a evil spirit that you have.
maxine (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
i think that you cant do anything to help your son I think he will soon become ok with the parting of his"friend".
cristal (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
dear susan if your son says he has a ghost friend don't tell it to go away it will go away when it wants to not when you tell it. Try to ask your son questions about him or her.
jessy (6 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
hmm, thats interesting. I hate to say this....but its hard to say if he really has a ghost friend or if he is blaming his bad behavior on someone else. (who isn't real) I would see a psychologist first and see what they have to say, and if you don't get any answers.......which you probably won't if it truly is a ghost, maybe see some kind of expert on ghosts or even a decent, legit psychic. I hope your turle was okay, and good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: