You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Alarm Clock

Real Ghost Stories

The Alarm Clock

 

I stopped using my old alarm clock when I got a better one for Christmas in 2006. Since then, the clock has been sitting dormant in the living room on top of the TV. It's only ever used as a regular clock now.

A few days ago, it went off at 10:45 in the morning. This is a clock that hasn't been touched in months by anyone in my house, much less set to ring. I can't make out exactly what happened. There's just my mom, my step dad and me living in the house and none of us have gone near it recently. I don't think it's unreasonable to jump to the conclusion that it's...well, something else.

I know it's not a huge happening, and it's not really scary or surprising to me. My house has always been a little out of the ordinary, shall we say. I've had more intense experiences in the past.

I posted a story about a year back called A Laugh That Is Not Mine. It might help you to read that. That was the biggest thing that's happened in my house.

Other than that, they're all mainly little things, like my mom and I will be talking and we'll hear a bang in the laundry room or the kitchen when nobody's in there. In fact, pretty much every night there's some noise or other.

Occasionally I'll glimpse something moving out of the corner of my eye or feel a touch on my shoulder. You guessed it. There's never anything there.

Even though I've never actually seen an apparition, I've always had the impression that it was a male spirit in my house, maybe middle-aged. Don't take my word for it, though. It's just a feeling I've had.

You can pretty much guarantee that I'll write another account on this site eventually. I'm pretty sure my house isn't going to un-haunt itself anytime soon.

Other hauntings by windsong

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, windsong, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kailey310 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
Omg I have an old alarm clock in my room hasnt worked for years and only works if its pluged in and it was going off it was defentaly that 😨
FatherVittorio (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
i would be scared myself if that happened, but for the mean time hope things go on well.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
Good story. I also have experiences like I hear a noise every night when I occasionally sleep downstairs, but I just assume it's my hamster on her wheel.

Other times I KNOW that it is not my hamster!

Princess123 x ❤
freakb345 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
wow that's really wierd but only happened one time no biggey but if it happened every day without any body toching now thatsa wierd! 😊 😐 😨
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hi Windsong I love that name sound like indian maiden name. Anyway Sound like the time of death to me.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
HI really cool story, I liked it alot. Hope to hear from you soon.:)
GIRLIE 😁 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I believe that the alarm going off could be caused by any number of exlainable reasons, as I am afraid could the noises you are hearing.

I look forward to more detail in your next submission,

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hi windsonq-nice name, by the way.

An alarm clock going off just once while nothing else out of the ordinary happens is definitely not a big deal as you put it but I see you've got a number of things happening in your house which I would love to hear soon I hope.

I do remember your previous story about the laugh but I don't recall if that's the reason you're led to believe there's a middle-aged man at home with you.

Whatever the case, I'll be expecting your next submission. Thanks for sharing!
TWD03 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Sorry for using your post as a discussion board hehe, but everytime I want to post a story it says *sorry temporarily unavailable.* Why is that?

Lilblackpom:i will post, I'm just waiting until the page becomes available again. I have many interesting experiances to share.

Brownie09:no never tried a recorder or anything like that. I WAS the type of person who tried to come up with a logical explanation for everything (even though what was happening was obviously out of the ordinary) , even though I believe in spirits. After reading some online forums like this, watching some television documentaries...I'll stop typing now. ANYWAYS I have a lot to say but I just will wait until I can POST.
windsong (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
TWD03: Certainly sounds like a ghost. Ghosts do tend to use similar tactics across the line, I find, just reading through a lot of stories.

Brownie9: I don't have a video camera, but it's a worthwhile thought.

Lilblackpom: My laugh sounded low and strange (not particularly female), that I can recall. It just did not sound or feel like me laughing. It's very difficult to explain.

FRAWIN: As far as I can remember, 10:45 A.M. Has never been a particularly significant time of day for me. I do not recall having ever set my clock for 10:45. I always used it for school, and I had to get up much earlier than 10:45 for school. It's a good thought, though.

Thanks to all for reading and giving your input! 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hello windsong. Did anything significant happen at 10:45 A.M., either in the past or the day it happened? Something may be trying to tell you something or make you remember an event- just a thought. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I found it very interesting. Take Care.

FRAWIN
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
TWD03: Can you submit your story on this site about your experiences. We would be happy to input our comments on your story too. It would be great if you can do that since everybody here is helpful on the subject. Thanks. Jude
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi windsong. Enjoyed your story. Did the laughing or giggling sound like a male too? It seems to me that you and your mom have a ghost! My tv goes on every other night in my bedroom and it isn't plugged in. This has been happening for a long time. The only time it doesn't is when I put the hall light on, weird! Thanks for a great ghost story and hope to read more from you. Take care of yourself, Jude 😊
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
windsong first off about the alarm clock it would be freaky to me sounds like something that happened to my radio but that is a different story, but have you ever ever tried a tape recorder or video camera to see if you can catch anything out of the oridinary? You might be surprised of what you might hear or see.

TWDO3: Sounds like to me you had a spirit there, that wanted to make its self noticed, It might be something or someone that has ties to your place and they don't want to make them selves seen, have you ever tried taking a recorder and leaving it on maybe you will hear something.

Thanks for the stories I love to read and hear about stuff like this, because my mom and I have expereinced a lot of unexplained things. So I have been interested in this kind of stuff since I was a kid, even though some of the stuff I have heard and seen has been scary. Again thanks for sharing your stories and Good Luck. 😊
TWD03 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
I am new to this site and finding poeple's stories similar to mine like noises from the kitchen, hearing scratching noises at night (not knowing the source It can't be a rat or mouse since we have no wood in our house and our floor is marble and tiled + cannot be insects because I sprayed the room and cleaned all drawers to make sure no insects and still noise was consistant my brother even gave it a name Itchy hehe and when we called our mom to come and hear it it would go silent and as soon as she left it come back)... One night my mother, sister and I were going up the stairs to sleep (it was late I think approx. 1) when the corridor mirror fell and broke into pieces which scared the *** out of us we were like maybe it fell by itself or from old age (which was very unlikely) so after our house worker cleaned it we were still on the stairs at this time we heard a high bang and rattling of mettal from the kitchin not only did I hear it we all did so I went and checked what fell but everything was normal nothing had fallen onto the floor, after this and MANY (I will mention in stories I will eventually post) other strange occurances me and my family had. We got our house cleansed by a religous man. Since thean everything has been somewhat normal

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: