You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadowy Head With Eighties Hair

Real Ghost Stories

Shadowy Head With Eighties Hair

 

Now, I know I told you all that I would write about my demon stories but I have decided to start with something small. Something I remembered recently again-something that happened to me as a young child. I was about 3 or 4 years old when this happened.

One night while lying in my bed, I couldn't sleep. Our neighbours' back door light was on and used to shine into my room, making me sleep easier as it acted like a night light. Now I was busy looking at the curtains when suddenly I saw someone walk past-a shadow in the light. It didn't alarm me at first because it looked like my neighbour. Big eighties hair!

The next day however, I wanted to go play with the neighbours' little girl. So my brother (who was 13 or 14 at the time) had to help me onto the wall and my neighbour had to stand on something to get me down! She had to stand on something! Even in my little mind I realised that it couldn't have been her because you can't see her head over the wall unless she suddenly grew longer legs or was walking on a high plank or something! That creeped me out! So I asked her! And she told me that they were all inside last night and not one of them went outside.

Now this shadow was only a head as it was pure darkness because of the wall. It looked as though it was coming from my neighbours' yard, and the only person in my family tall enough to maybe peep over the wall on tip toes was my dad and he definitely didn't have big eighties hair unless he decided to wear a wig! And even if he did he would also have to grow longer legs or walk on a plank or something.

The other thing was I heard no sound coming from outside my window so I immediately thought it to be from my neighbours' yard as they had bricks while next to my room was grass and normally I would hear someone. So you can bet I spent the next night with my parents and when they kicked me out, with my siblings! It was then that I developed the unhealthy love for falling asleep in front of the TV and allowing my parents to carry me to bed.

I eventually forgot about it but from time to time especially when we were talking about ghost stories I would remember it. So that is why I decided to start with this one instead of the more recent demon stories as it is a lot safer! What do you all think? Was it something or was it just my mind playing tricks on me?

Other hauntings by princessroe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, princessroe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

optimisticbabe (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
the title made me lol. Tooo tooooooo funny.
I love it very much.
princessroe (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Okay, I don't know. As I said I was only about 3 or 4 could've been a bit older but all I know is that someone walked in front of that light. It couldn't have been someone walking through the yard because my neighbours had gates on the side of their house to prevent their dog from getting out. Plus my dad is over 6 feet, that meant some giant would've had to walk through the yard if my dad had to stand on tip toes to just get a bit of a look. Even though I was young I still had the sense to realise that it wasn't my neighbour.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Do You people do drugs and stuff bad things and died in the eighty. Well I guess You made had seen someone as Shadow person or so that look like the eighty hair that died in the eighty.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hello princessroe. Ahh, the eighties hairstyles- now that's enough to scare the heck out of anybody 😜.
I think probably what you saw was a trick of shadows, you know how a light source can make a person's shadow appear larger or smaller depending on the angle the light hits them. The tricks that shadows and light can play on us are numerous and if we're not careful we will jump to paranormal conclusions when there is a rational explanation available.
Thank you for sharing your story with us, I enjoyed it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I don't think this was a spirit even though I agree with Rhodes that children can see spirits more easily and are more likely to. But then again it may have been a spirit but I don't think it is likely it was. It may have been someone passing by or something.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, thanks for sharing.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, isit possible someone was crossing through the neighbors yard? Sometimes I have a bit of difficulty with some of the outdoor appearance, especially through curtains at night, this could be a very deceiving sight.

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!
callumandconnor (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
hi we've read your story and I feel sorry about this memory goodluck in the future 😜
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hi princessroe and thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Although, I found your story scary enough to send shivers down my spine and despite the fact that I DO believe children are more intuitive and thus open to the paranormal, I have to wonder not only about the accuracy of your memory at the age of 3 or 4 but I'm amazed about the complicated thought pattern you claim to have had at that age! Please do not take that as an attack as it is not meant to be one but are you absolutely sure you were as young as you state you were when the incident took place?

Thank you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: