You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost in the Tub

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost in the Tub

 

I think there is a ghost following my family. Ever since I was about seven or eight years old, I would get a weird feeling whenever I would walk into my bathroom. And this was in any place that my family and I live in or visited. Whenever I would enter the bathroom and the lights were off, I would hear the shower curtains ruffle, or I would see them sway. If by chance I walked by the bathroom and the curtains were open, I always saw what appeared to be a figure of a small female child playing in the bathtub. Now no one else has ever noticed this but me. When I turned 10 it stopped happening for about two years. Then it started happening again, this time I noticed that the lights would occasionally flicker, even when I would be in the shower or tub, the lights would flicker with no one else in the room. I am now twenty-two and haven't experienced this in a while, but to this day it freaks me out.

Has anyone else ever heard of this happening, or has anyone had this happen. If so please let me know what you think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

trina (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
I have always had nightmares about seeing something in my bath ever since the original shineing,, god it would freak me out totally 😨
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Dear weirdedout,

First of all I would like to agree with KimSouthO, it is a residual haunting, because of it is a recurring sight and because its presence is not really there, you can't contact the ghost in short. Secondly, it was pretty brave of you to go to the washroom without freaking out. Finally, I like to point out that I like the story, quantity is not what matters, it is quality. But I have to ask, what was the history of the house?

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
hi. I agree with KimSouthO, I don't think that the girl is any threat to you or means any harm. Mabey you should try to communicate with it next time you see her. 😊
AnnaPossumPoe (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
Hey sam, that sounds kind of like Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho". It's a creepy movie, but it sounds kind of like your expirience.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
I would say you may have a residual haunting. I am certain there is no danger from what you have noted on here.

Residual means there is an energy imprint showing itself t the same time every day.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
I have seen a teenage boy standing in my bath he was a ghost. 😐 Don't worry we're going through the same thing. Its really emotional for me I really feel sorry for them. They don't know there dead. They can't talk to us either I do recognise him from my dreams he been trying to contact me through them. He been trying to tell me something.
Sam (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
your not alone, southern monkey. I used to have a dream that I always had, and it was about whenever I walked into the bathroom, there would be a killer behind the curtain and jump out at me. It's not my worst dream, but it frightened me to this day and I always check the curtain now.
angelina (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
mann that happens to mah sis..
she says to keep prayin aiight..
or get closer to the lord..
southern monkey (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
OMG If I saw a girl in my tub I'd freak!! I check the curtian when I go to the bathroom because I'm afraid that someone will be behind there

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: