You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Do Spirits Tag Along?

Real Ghost Stories

Do Spirits Tag Along?

 

The last few days I have been hearing the weirdest, small noises in and about one kitchen area. Not prone to hysterics, I observe the dogs are not listening or disturbed, cats are not interested, and all pet rats are accounted for in their comfy condo. A large metal tin sounds like it has a mouse it in, wiggling around. Nah, the dust on it says no one opened it in a long time. On and on, for a few days now, and I am just rolling my eyes and 'tisking' as I continue my current task. Chalk the sound up to life and the living of it and move along.

Chris, our semi-current, sporadic resident was the farthest thing from a prankster in life, so I have eliminated the possibility of her lurking about in my potato chip tin. Then I remember it has only been just a few days since our Preston Castle visit and I wonder.

One of our ghost hunter friends is, well, a bit different. He brings home spirits from haunted places, and sends them on their way from there. I am not in his mind, home or shoes, so while I find this a bit odd and certainly different, I really can't make any judgment calls. For all I know, he actually does this.

That brings me to the question I would love to ask the many people here. Has anyone ever experienced any event similar to my friend's? Has anyone felt that they truly, intentionally or not, brought someone home with them, from where ever? Is this more common than I suspect?

Thank you in advance for any responses, ideas and comments.

Other hauntings by ladyannne

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladyannne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
hi lady anne, we had 3 spirits in our home, our dogs knew they were there but didn't back or growl as our dogs didn't see them as a threat. Molly our little jack russel actually slept in the boys room where the spirits were and never barked, I got told that a spirit can jump on your back and follow one home and stay. We ended up having the house blessed the whole house is different more calm the air feels lighter cleaned ect. Cheers enjoyed your story nice. Di
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
I'm not sure. I thought an attached ghost was not a good thing?
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Oh, I do love the difference between ghosts and spirits, well said, well explained. Thank you for such statements that make SO much sense!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Not the same, ladyannne, but a similar occurrence. I had an investigative team come into my home, and one of the men left behind a few "tools of the trade". I would say that it is an occupational hazard, but I believe it more to be negligence in the area of protection.
On both our parts.
I believe FRAWIN and I are riding the same brain wave. Ghosts, I believe to be life impaired persons who are trapped here on earth for one reason or another. I believe Spirits to be those who are now life impaired, who have traversed to The Other Side and are now free to roam as they please.
Kind of like saying that a ghost only has a one way ticket, and a Spirit holds a round trip one.
I could get add Souls into the discussion, but that is an Essence of another color and dimension all together. 😊
It IS possible. It DOES happen.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Hello ladyannne. In my opinion a spirit could tag along or follow you home but I don't see a ghost doing that. Of course I believe that there is a difference between a ghost and a spirit. I feel that a ghost is pretty well tied to a certain area and wouldn't leave it, where a spirit has already crossed over and has been allowed to come and go as they please-where they please.

FRAWIN
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
As far as I'm concerned I'd say yes, you can be followed for different reasons:either because you have sent out an invitation to a lonely wanderer who craves for nothing more than some human companionship and a sense of connection in a world he feels excluded from, or because you're 'perceived' as the 'helping hand' to the path across or simply because you might be seen as an easy target for a spirit which is defined by the terror it causes to a living soul.

If you have ever read my stories from Anima, you will realize that the stories which follow, My Night Visitor, is somewhat of a continuation or progression of some of the events there. The only thing is, I'm not sure if she who follows has done so from the bar to the house or vice versa.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hi ladyanne. Your story sounds very similar to mine that I just posted and you even used the name of my brother who passed on. Weird. 😉
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I understand what you are saying. I was refering to the fact you may have inadvertently brought one home. I do not think you can simply summon a group of entitys and say'come with me' and they will go, as you state this indiviual does. I would have a hard time with that because many entities are attached to a particular place and time. They are relucatant to cross over so in my mind they would more than likely be reluctant to just hope aboard with a human and go along.

Thanks again!

God Bless!
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hi Kim! Thanks for all your hard work, by the way. I THINK that Andy, in our home, made himself known when we moved in, because of me, but don't take that to the bank. He stayed there when I moved out. So... The jury is still out.
I don't have a problem with the weird noises, but my curiousity might get the best of me yet. Add to that an unusually peaceful, content home, and I am guessing that any visitors here would not be troublesome. Chris certainly is not a bother at all.
I guess I have never heard of anyone able to take home the large quantity of spirits as I am being told, several per trip, several per week. Rather unusual, at least to my experiences.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I believe that spirit entities can certainly become attached to an individual. There may be some reasxon, such as your personality, your aware, your awareness, etc. They can attache themselves to you for any other nuimber of reasones; to be acknowledged, to have some task compelted, to cross over, etc.

Start by trying to ask 'it' at the time you hear the noises if there is someone there, ask it to make its presence known. Tell 'it' to cross to the light in the name of the Lord.

Maybe this will help release;it; to the next plane of peace and harmony with our Lord.

Another beautifuly written story, thank you for taking the time to share with us!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: