You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Early Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Early Hauntings

 

My mother and I were talking last night and I happened to mention something odd that had occurred in my room recently. Well, one thing led to another and we found ourselves discussing some of the experiences the entire family had had when we lived in a decrepit trailer in Valdez, AK (we moved away when I was seven and have been living in the capital for almost eight years now). And I thought that I would just share some of these with you all. I have the consent of my family members to speak of this, but I will not use their names if I use them at all.

One encounter was when I was around four years old. I remember this vividly because of how annoying it was and how much trouble it got me in. This one happened only to me. I had a bunk bed when I was little and always slept on the top because the shadows on the floor at night always scared me. Now, I was always afraid of falling off the top bunk even though there was a rail and ladder, so I slept as close to the wall as possible. One night, I heard that familiar whispering, like somebody calling my name. I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep. I started to hear the voice right up against my ear and I could feel breath against my skin. When I still didn't respond, I guess whatever it was got mad because I felt strong hands lift me up and the next thing I knew I was falling to the floor and I landed on all of my toys and books. My room had been trashed! Like any child, I started to cry and my mom came into the room and simply said I'd fallen and scolded me for making such a mess.

The next day, my mom said that she wouldn't take me to my grandma's until I'd cleaned up my room. So, I put everything away (it took me over an hour) and thought I heard my mom call my name. I got up and went to the other end of the trailer to ask her what, she didn't call me of course, but asked to see my room. We went to my room to find it even more trashed than it had been before. I stood there in shock after my mom left me to clean again, and thought I heard taunting laughter behind me. I remember saying, "That's not funny, stop it right now!" I cleaned again, and the room stayed clean.

Fast forward a year or so, my mom is standing in the kitchen on the phone with my grandma staring at this big yellow door that led to a storage area we never went in. The door had a small window on it and, as my mom stared at it, it started to open all on its own! My mom dropped the phone and ran down the street to my grandma's. She was the only one in the trailer at that time (about mid afternoon).

My dad, (let's call him Jim) had a horrible dream where he had an out-of-body experience. He was floating above his body and could see him and my mom laying there sleeping. They had a closet at the foot of their bed that had mirrors on the outside, and Jim found himself being tugged towards the mirror. Ghost-like hands reached out and grabbed his legs, pulling him into the mirror and into another world, away from his body. Jim tried to get free and back to his body. He suddenly found himself back in his own body and the entire bed was covered in a cold sweat, he woke my mom and ever since that day until we moved, he slept out on the couch. I was about six at the time.

This last one happened in front of both me and my mom. It was the month after I'd turned seven and my brother was about four the time. We had come back from the store and it was about four in the afternoon I guess, and when we opened the door, we both saw a large goblet my mom kept on top of the TV lift itself into the air, hover for a moment, then shoot straight across the room away from us to crash into the wall. Neither me nor my mom said anything, we simply shut the door again and went to my grandma's.

Other hauntings by unguided_traveler

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
eeeee...
I can't imagine what you felt at such a young age. I'm glad your okey and you've grown up and were able to tell your mom what it really was like when you got older.
I'm amazed that you were brave enough to yell at whatever that entity was.

Qt
GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-18)
Thats so scary!

I would have freaked out if the mirror took me with his hands wow... I would never like to experience something like that.

So have you moved or something? Give us an update I would love to hear it:)

Thank you for sharing your story!
alwaysrovindj (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-18)
Things flying around means that there are portogeiest. Sorry if I had spell the word wrongly. 😉
ghostfox96 (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Wow, agreed with everyone on the subject of mirrors.
I don't know what it is about them but they're just so creepy. Who knows my fear of mirror might come from the film "mirrors".
Covering my mirrors and not being able to see the state of me, erm, not exactly the high-light of my life.
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
All of the experiences you have listed are spooky. But the last one got to me. I have never experienced seeing anything move. I am just glad that the goblet was smashed away from you and not at you.

Thank you for sharing these.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-30)
That certainly sounds like a very active home. It my have been poltergeist activity, but whatever it was, it made sure once it got your attention, it was not going to let you forget it was there.

God Bless!
HannahE (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
i think the whole idea of being scared of mirrors at night is that we see a reflection of ourselves when we know that nobody should be there. and the whole idea of "somebody" copying us non stop. thats what my theory is at least. those are pretty creepy, yet I think that some of them might have been part of a dream. the "out of the body" part must have been a strange dream your dad must have been having. I have had that before, where I see myself sleeping and when I wake up I don't feel like myself for a while. those kind of things sometimes happen either when we think of something scary or something over takes us and we think differently. same with night mares. :] anyway, thanks for posting this. ~hannah~
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
same here, both my dad and I freak whenever we happen upon a mirror in the dark...it's sort of involuntary.
Danielle (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
wow! that was spooky. the whole out of body thing. I dont know what it is about mirrors but I dont like them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: