You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Midnight Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Midnight Visitor

 

I haven't had any time to write any stories for you, because I have been busy moving. I moved back to my hometown, Calgary Alberta. Geri and I are so excited to be back.

Now, since we've been home, there have been a few scares. Some time in July, a few weeks after we have been back in Calgary, we went to visit Geri's brother and his girlfriend. We went out for dinner and a movie and basically got caught up on everything we had missed in the city.

When we returned to James's place, we went into the spare room to turn in for the night. Geri and I were almost asleep when we heard the door bell ring.

I got up to see if James was on his way to the door, but he and his girlfriend were fast asleep in the other room. I went to the front window to see who was there... Nobody to be seen.

I came back into the room, looked at Geri and asked, "You heard the door bell right?" She said yes, and said that it was probably some dumb kids trying to piss off the people who were in bed.

I agreed and went to crawl back into bed. At that moment, just before I pulled the sheets over myself, the bell rang again... Only it was 3 times... 3 prolonged rings, as if someone pushed in the button, held it for a moment and then released. Kind of an eerie ring.

I jumped out of bed and sprang for the door to try and catch the annoying little children and tell them to go home before I throat punch them. Once again no one was there.

This is when I became quite annoyed and decided to stand by the door and wait for whomever it was to come back. I waited for about 20 minutes before the bell rang again. When it rang I threw open the door, and to my amazement, no one was there... I stood in the doorway dumbfounded and quite confused. This is when Geri came out to see what was going on.

We decided to wake James to see if he heard the bell ring. He claims he heard nothing and was wondering why we were messing around and making so much noise. James went to the garage to get a screwdriver, so we could disconnect the wires in the doorbell.

It was quiet for the rest of the night, but Geri and I were unable to sleep, obviously.

The next morning James and his girlfriend were gone for work, and Geri and I got ready to go out for the day. Geri was in the shower, and I was sitting in the kitchen reading the paper. The doorbell rang... 6 times in a row. I felt chills run through my body and got up to check the door. When I looked out I noticed the wires were still disconnected from the doorbell. Obviously by this point I'm pretty creeped out. But that wasn't all. When I looked at the bottom of the front steps there were 6 cats sitting on the walkway. Every one of them had their ears pinned back and were growling and hissing. I slammed the door shut and went back inside. The bell rang once more and I heard a growl come from behind me. I booked it to the spare room where Geri was drying her hair and told her to get dressed so we could get the hell out of there.

We had to go out the back door and walk around through the alley and around the block because the cats were still there... Who knows they might have had diseases or something... I don't really care for cat's too much to begin with.

Later that night we called James and told him what happened, and he told us that he always felt funny whenever he was in the kitchen alone. He also mentioned that the last couple who rented the house before them were into witchcraft and seances. That was enough for us, to say the least. James and his girlfriend let the house a few days later and moved into a new house. Nothing has happened yet, which is a good thing.

We're not sure if anyone is renting their old place or not. We drove by a few weeks ago and noticed that a "For Rent" sign was hanging in the window, and the lawn looked as though it hasn't been cut for almost a month... So my guess is no.

Until next time, God Bless

Other hauntings by metalhed16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, metalhed16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
I wonder if this was another case of people messing around with things they can't control in witch craft. It does happen. 😐 ❤ Good to see you back. 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
WELCOME BACK!
What a shame to have the actions of this ghost blamed on witchcraft or séances.
Were the wires of the doorbell pulled apart far enough that a "connection" was impossible? I have SEEN electricity jump up to a foot to make a contact. Just a thought there.
Cats. What is with THEM?!
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hi
This is a great story. I had to laugh when you say "We had to go out the back door and walk around through the alley and around the block because the cats were still there... Who knows they might have had diseases or something..." I feel you on that one. I really look forward to readong more of your stories.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Metalhed16,
So good to hear from you again!
I'm glad you are back home and things are well for you.
That has got to be the scariest thing ever just to imagine seeing those cast hissing at something and you knowing that the door bell just rang is enough for me.

Thanks so much for sharing.
As usual can't wait for the next one.
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Hi,Metalhed
There is a older house not to far away from where my parent's live and, there used to be people doing black magic all through the 1980's.The house never sold or rented to anyone because nobody wanted it. Strange things happened there,too. I believe,you're telling the truth in you're story. Thanks, it was interesting to read.😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Hey metalhed16! Nice to hear from you again and that also after such a long time! Thanks for sharing this story with us!

This was a really awesome story! You had pretty scary encounter! The part about the cats was really scary! The doorbell part was interesting to hear. Before the doorbell was disconnected, you could understand that maybe there was some fault in the doorbell or something. But after you disconnected the wires of the bell, it was really weird! I'm looking forward to more of your stories!

Biemaster
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
In response to lilblackpom:

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have quite a few stories actually lol... Click on my profile and they are all there!

God Bless!
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Wow! I believe you! Something similar happened to my aunt and uncle after they moved into a newer home that they had bought (at a VERY reduced price). After they moved in, they were told by the neighbors that the previous owners had been into what they termed "black magic..." They didn't have problems with the doorbell, tho. At their house, it was the infrared interior alarm system, going off in the middle of the night. My aunt heard whistling. Doors opened and closed on their own. While they were away on vacation, their daughter and son-in-law performed a house blessing, and all activity ceased.

My guess -- the previous occupants had opened some sort of portal, which my cousin managed to close.

Thanks for sharing your story. It was fascinating!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Wow, that would have scared me too, I like cats but I don't think I would be able to stand that. People who does witch craft can drag out some pretty freaky stuff. Thanks, for sharing your story, it was interesting. 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
This reminds me of toys without batteries in them that go off at odd hours. Again with spirits (and this house may have one) they tend to work through other sources of energy. Now the cat situation. I'm sorry you don't care for cats which I totally understand because until I got my first one 7 years ago I was afraid of them. Now I have 4 so you get the drift, they grow on you very easily. Of course feral cats can be scary because they don't trust humans. I don't know why 6 of them were lined up but I think they saw what you couldn't see. The odd part is if feral, the minute you step into their space they are usually gone. They aren't use to people. Unless you are going to corner them which makes them come out fighting they usually just take off. I don't like the fact that cats have been given such a bad rap when it comes to the supernatural. It's not their fault they are intuned. So are dogs intuned. Most animals can be. They sense things. I think the place was haunted and the cats knew it.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Wow metalhed. What a haunting story that is! That is eerie that the doorbell was disconnected and it still rang and those cats... What is that? Pretty creepy I would say. Maybe it was because of the people who lived there before with the witchcraft and seances. It sounds to me like the place is haunted though. I would have left too. Thank you for sharing your story. It was well written and I hope to see more stories from you here. Take care of yourself and Geri, 😉
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Wow. Not too many stories posted on this site lately give me the chills. I won't even try to come up with any possible explanation to debunk what you experienced. Hands down that was paranormal!
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Goodness, how do you combat a bell that has been disconnected. Remove the entire bell, I guess. Maybe James could advertise the house for rent including a ghost? There have to be a few people out there who would jump at the chance to live there...
Well done story, and thank you, ever so much, for sharing it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: