You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Voice Behind Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Voice Behind Me

 

This is my first story, and I'm in a rush so do excuse me if I am hazy on my spelling or whatever. I haven't experienced many paranormal things but this was one I knew for definite I could not explain.

First off I was in the house with my dad and we were sat on the sofa talking with the TV on low, eating. My parents had divorced when I was 7 and it had been a hard time for me. I have always felt uneasy in that house since then, and I don't know why, when I am home alone I never encounter anything odd but I hear bangs (the house is getting quite old) and I just have this feeling. I really can't explain it.

Carrying on, the sofa is on the wall and diagonally behind it on the left is a door leading into the hallway. Me and my dad were sat having tea and chatting when all of a sudden a voice came behind us and said a random word, I think it was a mans voice. (I can't remember what it said now but it was just a random word). My dad turned to me and said "did you hear that?"

I replied with yes because I had. He said "What did it say?"

I said the word and my dad replied with "yeah that's what I heard..." I was really scared I didn't want to admit I had heard it because I didn't want to believe that my house could be haunted, it was always something that had never happened to me and I always thought that if I did live in a haunted house I wouldn't be able to stay. But I knew for definite that what I had heard couldn't have been anything else, the TV was turned down low and me and my father had heard the same thing. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Until next time...

Other hauntings by laus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
yeah I still live in the house now, when I go to stay with my dad, thanks for reading autumn
Thanks so much for all your thoughts,, you've made me see this in a different way. Take care people, I love you!:-) laus ❤x
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
do you still live in the house? Don't be scared. It is cool that you finally had your first experience.
Sonicfreak (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Holy crap! I know that was quite a scare but, I agree with every one that the "GHOST" just wanted some attention. But over all that was scary! 😐
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
thank-you all for your thoughts, it has made me believe that these beings are not always there to cause us harm or make us afraid. I'm sure I'll write more soon, xxx
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Hi laus!

I think that whitebuffalo explained it to you so nicely and so well, that I won't say much!

The voice must have been just interested in your conversation, like gary said, but I don't think it meant to frighten you, scare you or disturb you. It just wanted its own attention. And the shadow which your father saw, it must have been the same thing which said some word. It just wants your attention. Thanks and I'm looking forward to more of your stories!

Biemaster
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Yeah, I bet this guy was just enjoying you and your dads conversation.

As for the shadow watching over you as you sleep, I guess it's just a "ghost thing". It happens a lot to people. Just tell it to get out of your room as if it was your little brother annoying you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
You know what, laus? I think the voice that you and your Father BOTH heard are unrelated to the feelings of unease in the house.
When someone is in our lives so much that we almost take for granted that they will always be there, then they are gone, sometimes there is a feeling of dread, or almost emptiness. Those two feelings when intensified can make a person feel very uneasy in a home that they SHOULD feel comfortable in.
Being as that your Father also heard the voice, and saw a Shadow Being, I would think it pretty safe to assume that there is an Entity in your presence. If it bothers you, or causes you fear, simply tell it to leave.
I did not read anything that lead me to believe that the Entity is anything other than just sharing a space. It has not tried to contact you, other than the voice behind the couch, so I would think that he is just THERE.
Thank you.
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
erm well my dad said he woke up in the middle of the night one time and he saw a black shadow of someone stood next to his bed. He said it shocked him so he yelled but I think the shadow just faded away. I haven't seen much but I always feel watched and very uneasy.
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
laus-thank you for sharing your story with us. Have you or your father had any other experiences in this house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: