You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Pianist

Real Ghost Stories

The Pianist

 

Place: A few miles away from the Virginia Coast. My house was build, along with the rest of my neighborhood, in the middle of a large forest.

Time: Three A.M.

About a month ago I went downstairs to get a glass of water like I normally do when I can't sleep. I never noticed it until now but I always go downstairs near three a.m. In between the kitchen and the computer room is a wall and then a staircase. The kitchen is behind the wall and the staircase is next to the computer room.

Walking up the staircase I saw something white out of the corner of my eye. Turning my head, I saw a figure dressed in black with a white cloth surrounding his head sitting on the piano bench in front of the piano against the stairs. Slowly, its head began to turn and stopped when what I believed to be its eyes were directed at me. It stood up and began to run towards me. Terrified, I ran up the stairs. Looking behind me, I saw it running around and then up the stairs behind me.

Turning back I tried to run into the bathroom when I felt something grasp my ankle. I let out a loud screech that somehow didn't wake up my mom but instantly the pressure on my ankle lifted. I ran into my bathroom and slid down the wall with tears streaming down my face. I looked back down the stairs and saw it standing at the bottom. Turning back towards the computer room, it slowly faded until I couldn't see it anymore.

One thing that was odd was how it walked. It would fade in and out as it was running, almost as if it wasn't walking but transporting a few feet in front of itself at a time.

Comments would be helpful.

Other hauntings by DementedSpork

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DementedSpork, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DementedSpork (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
For anyone who occasionally reads this story:

Once the site allows stories to be published again, I have another story about this Pianist to submit.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
DementedSpork--Hi;

Interesting discoveries might surface after getting a thorough factual history of the home, the land area, and that piano.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
First off, I love your name! LOL Second, what a spooky tale! I enjoyed your story! Couldn't really say what to do about it though. God luck! 😊
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
No problem Sporkii, If you have any questions feel free to ask. I like to help.

Love, Peace, and chicken grease!
Gary:)
DementedSpork (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Sandy2008 and ominousnyx: is there a certain type of incense I should use?

Biemaster: I think it is a demon as well. Whenever I pass the piano after dark it feels as though there is something demonic.

Surya: I'm glad you found this humorous in a way. 😁

Gary11872: Thanks for the nickname lol. It probably would have been cool to see if it wasn't chasing after me and attempting to drag me down the stairs. 😜 I told my parents as well as my older brother about this and they all think I'm crazy and say "SHE SEES DEAD PEOPLE!". One of my friends that I go to school with knows a lot about psychics, ghosts, etc. And told me that I need to learn to not be afraid anymore. So I've practiced and the last three times that it didn't notice me, I tried to not be afraid and I guess it worked.

Everyone: Thank you for the comments! I might be posting another story soon about my windows and something that I heard almost every night for a month.

|| Sporkii
rezeoth (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Weird, this is the part where someone plays the piano man by billy joel. Hope it gets better.

Love,life,pain it's all the same
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Geesh Spork! What a story you have here. Enjoyed reading it. Especially the ending. 😆
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Thanks for your comment, I'm going to call you "sporky" because it sounds better than dementedspork.

It would have been so cool to see that! 😁

It seems to only go after you if it notices you. I think you should have regular prayers and burn some candles.

If you ever see it coming after you again you need to stand up to it.

Stand up straight and tell it to leave in a cammanding voice.

Fear gives entities and demons powers, I think it was your fear that made this guy strong enough to actually grab you. Without fear he should be weak enough for you to "cast him out" of your house.

Gary:)
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
"It stood up and began to run towards me. Terrified, I ran up the stairs. Looking behind me, I saw it running around and then up the stairs behind me".

Whilst I see the funny side of this I can also see the scary side.

Look forward to reading more of your stories.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
wow, I would have wet my self it that happened to me!
I can see that most of the stories of nocturnal ghosts are based at 3 am!
Im afraid of waking up in the middle of the night!
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Hi DementedSpork and thanks for sharing this really terrifying story with us! 😨

This was seriously scary! You were really lucky that you weren't hurt because when you said that it came around the corner and up the stairs towards you, it certainly wanted to catch you! I think this was a demon because I don't think even ghosts would scare you so much. The other 3 times you saw him, I think that he didn't notice you because he didn't come for you. Cool story and well written. I'm definitely looking forward to your stories!

Biemaster
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
I realy enjoyed reading this story but let's say that I will leave my comment at that. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Sandy2008 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
There are a few things bothering me and makes me really worried for you. 1. The hour 3am, the are similar stories about waking up 3am for no reason (I happened to me as well). 2. Wonder if it is a ghost or a demon. 3. I agree with ominousnuxx get a white candle incense and pray. The fact that he run or followed you makes me think that he won't back down if he wants to hurt you. I'm just glad that nothing bad happened to you. Good luck, I'll pray for you.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
"stopped when what I believed to be its eyes were directed at me. It stood up and began to run towards me. Terrified, I ran up the stairs. Looking behind me, I saw it running around and then up the stairs behind me..."

WTH! 😨 that scared the crap out of me... OMG! Get some incense, bless the house do whatever you can... That thing was freaky! Lucky you weren't hurt.

Take care!
DementedSpork (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
I haven't had many experiences with the ghost since that night. Whenever I go down that staircase, my house has two, I always look at the piano before reaching the bottom. I've seen him three more times but he hasn't moved. Each time he has been sitting at the piano just staring at it. Other than that, any other things that have happened I can't link to him.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Wow, thanks for sharing your story, I know it seems like when you experience something as scary as that, it is hard to forget about it, as long as some of the experiences I've had, Glad you are okay, and didn't get hurt, have you had any more experiences?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: