You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: All This Time It Was Him

Real Ghost Stories

All This Time It Was Him

 

It all began back when I was seven years old. My uncle that lived next door passed away, and I was his favorite nephew. Here in México, we have this belief that after a funeral, people gather to pray for the late person. It was in the afternoon like I've said, I was seven, and I was with a cousin when I thought we would pull a prank. We ran over to next door and told everyone that we have seen our late uncle. Of course, I think nobody believed us.

Days later, something weird starts happening as I'm playing in the living room. I saw a shadow outside the window and as it is expected, I was waiting for someone to knock on the door. To my surprise, it never happens. This same thing keeps on happening for years until one day, without anyone noticing, it stops happening. Almost everyone in this house has seen that shadow.

Two years ago, it was August, when my girlfriend and I were in the living room, sitting on different couches. Actually, she was laying down and suddenly she stands up and tells me, "Someone is coming." I was thinking no, no one is coming, because I knew about that mysterious shadow. I told her, "Don't worry, no one is coming," and she says, "Yeah, I saw a guy with a blue jacket, black hair, mustache, and his skin is tanned." Then it hit me, I thought of my late uncle. I stood up, ran to my room reached for a photo album. I went back to the living room and showed her the picture. She says, "Yeah that's him."

In that very moment, I felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness and she an overwhelming feeling of fear. Of course, that kept happening to her two or three times. Three months later, she broke up with me, and that's when she started having dreams about him. He wants to tell her something, and sometimes she says that he looks upset.

The only thing that I keep on thinking is why he chooses her, a stranger to him, and not me, who was supposedly like a son to him?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JamesAlexander, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Maybe it is not that he chose her, maybe it is that she is more sensative to spirits and she can see him. Maybe you just can't see him. You know what I mean?
JamesAlexander (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
well about me doing the prank it wasn't only me my cousin was involved to but she hasn't seeing anything, but I would like to see him like I've said I was his favorite nephew and somehow he was like a father to me, and lately I kind of have this nostalgic feeling and I wonder if he won't come anymore I think he moved to my ex's dreams. By the way look forward to my next story because I'll include a video thanks for your comments
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Hello JamesAlexander. Thanks for this interesting story. I think your ex was chosen by your uncle because she is sensitive more to the paranormal. It sounds like he is trying to relay a message to her. It is too bad she is frightened of seeing him because it sounds like he wants to tell her something of importance in her dreams. I hope you find out what it is your uncle is trying to relay to your ex girlfriend sometime in the future. It kind of sounds like the tails are turned now because of the prank you made and it came true. Take care of yourself.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hi JamesAlexander. No one really knows why a spirit chooses a certain person to make contact with. Maybe he thought you were too close to him. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Sometimes when Entities make a connection, they go with the one who is the "easiest target" I would be thankful that the chosen one was your girlfriend, now ex. Sometimes they chose people that you may never be in contact with. Like a psychic on the other side of the globe. At least, in this way, you can get the message that he is trying to get across.
Just do not be surprised if you are in for a reprimand for the prank you tried to pull at his prayer vigil.
If you are still in contact with this young lady, please ask her to calmly tell him, in her dream, that he is scaring her. Ask him to take it down a notch. Then to clearly state his intended mission there in her dream. If YOU have anything to say to HIM, ask her to relay it.
It would not hurt to burn a lavender incense in the room before she goes to sleep, nor would it hurt for her to say an extra prayer for protection.
Thank you.
JamesAlexander (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
yeah that's right, and she keeps dreaming about him but she can't pull herself together and ask him what he wants and I'm really curious because of what I know there are some issues about his money that he left pending (he lost his money in a scam, a lot of people did)
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
My father chose to appear and speak to someone outside the family, requesting they deliver a message to me, as well as visiting me directly on more than one occasion, so... I wonder the same thing, often. What determines who 'they' pick to visit?
JamesAlexander (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
well I think you might be right but she told me that she had never have this kind of experiences until that time, and almost everyone on my house have seen this shadow.
Thanks for the comments
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
I agree with Brownie09 and Cholulteca, maybe she has more of a sense for paranormal things than you do. And your uncle might be trying to tell her something to tell you, and he can't make a connection with you. 😐
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hi James, I think your ex girlfriend might a sense for these things, and she don't know how to accept it, I think he was trying to send her a message to get to you, or your uncle probably knew how much you cared for her, and he is probably upset by her breaking up with you since you were like a son to him, sorry I couldn't be of much help. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊

Have you seen the shadow anymore?
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hello Alexander,
I don't think he's choosing her over you, I believe she's more "in tune" with the paranormal and so that's why he's trying to send his message through her...:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: