You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Man Watching My Niece

Real Ghost Stories

The Man Watching My Niece

 

This story happened in Cavite, a few months ago, in my sister's new home.

Strange things started when my sister and her family transferred to their new home. My niece started to get sick and would wake up screaming in the middle of night. Sometimes my sister would see that her daughter seemed to be talking to someone my sister couldn't see, though my sister couldn't understand her words. My niece is still learning to talk (she's one year and four months old when this story happened,) but you would know how toddlers respond when somebody plays or talks to them.

A few months had passed and my niece doesn't seem to get better. They decide to bring her home to our province, hoping that she would get better. And true enough, she recovered and hadn't been sick ever since they arrived. It was only then when my brother in-law told her the reason why he sent them home.

He said he saw a black man beside the bed, staring at my niece one night when she was sick and he couldn't move. He couldn't figure out the face, but he knew that it was a man based on the shape. After the sighting, he left the light on all night long to be sure that he could watch his daughter sleep. He didn't see the black man again, but sometimes, when he wakes up in the middle of the night, he could feel that someone is inside their house. He was alone in the house after my sister and niece went home to the province. He told the story to their neighbors who live across the street, and a neighbor told him that she had seen an old woman by the window several times already. The old woman was the previous owner's mother, who died in the house.

My brother in law still lives in that house but doesn't come home often. Instead, he usually sleeps in the barracks to avoid seeing the man again.

Other hauntings by chinchai

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chinchai, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chinchai (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Hi Brownie,

I don't have any idea who that man might be... Btw, I have posted another story about the ghost of the old woman. This time, by bro in law's cousin was the one who saw the ghost.

Thanks,

Cynthia 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Oh, yeah, you or your brother in law need to cleanse the house. I would do a personal cleansing. All you do is use sea salt and a bowl of pure water. Start at one entrance, walk clockwise around the home and "dash" some of the water mixture about the walls. Make sure you touch each and every wall, go about the door and window frames. You can say whatever prayer or chant you feel comfortable with. Do NOT miss anything. You are completed with the cleansing when you make it back to the entrance that you started with. If there are more than one level, work that into your "circle", and try not to "cross the path" that you have already cleansed. After the INSIDE of the house is cleansed, I would lay an unbroken line of salt around the perimeter of the home as well, to keep OUT those that may wish to enter.
Personally, I say "I am borrowing the power of the Air, Fire, Water and Earth in conjunction with The Great Spirits Holiness to cleanse this home from all who are not intended to remain here..." If I run into a "bad guy" I throw in the phrase "and you too will be banned from MY home..."
Just MY thought on what I would do.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Wow what an interesting story. I realy enjoyed reading it. I would do as others suggested. Get the house blessed. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
chinchai (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hi Brownie09,

I was also guessing that there are 2 ghosts, a black man and the dead grandma. I tried to ask my brother in law about it but he refused to tell me the detailed story. I suspect that the black man might be some evil entity living in their house. Actually, the time he told me his story, I hardly slept that night, I was visualizing the man so I left all the lights on until the wee hours the next morning.

Chinchai
chinchai (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Dear Both,

Yeah, my niece was okay. Thank God her father have decided to send her home to the province. I was really thinking of asking my bro in law to bring a priest over their house and have it blessed to drive the evil spirits lurking in their house. I have heared that St. Benedict's Medal is also effective in driving away bad spirits so I am plannign to buy some for my brother in laws protection and have also one to be put in their door. What do you think?

Thanks,

Chinchai
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hello chinchai. If it was me, I would have the house blessed. If I didn't want to attract attention, I would use seasalt and water and do it myself. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Wow, nice story, it might that two ghosts are in there, one being a man, and the owner's grandma, but does anyone know who the man might be? Glad ro hear your niece is doing okay 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: