You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Night Visitors

Real Ghost Stories

Night Visitors

 

I've been pondering this experience now for many years. It occurred back in the seventies; roughly 76-77. My Mother, sister, and brother and I shared a two-bedroom apartment in the Portland area. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "ghost" story; the nature of it is too ambiguous. I was in my early teens, clean, sober, and sensitive to things of the unseen.

The experience:

One night (I was alone, my brother and I shared a room and he was gone for the night) I went to bed at my usual time, roughly ten-ish.

I awoke, startled, and saw two spirits or entities; both resembled old men, long white beards and hair. One wore a black cloak similar to a monk's cowl; the other wore a multi-colored luminiscent robe, reflective, pyschedelic. Both wore amulets.

I was terrified and immobile. I could not move, I was transfixed. I felt that they were going to communicate a significant message to me. I also sensed that they were neither evil or good; I know their intention was not to harm me, but as to their spiritual alignment I could not discern.

I felt I saw them through a tunnel; this was the oddest perception. They were absolutely real and present however physical reality was slightly altered.

They were present for what seemed a very long time. Either due to my extreme fear or lack of maturity I "sensed" that they chose not divulge to me their intention. However they did communicate to me that they would return.

Later I learned that my neighbor experienced visitations of a particular spirit in his apartment. I'm not suggesting it was the same spirit or "spirits" but perhaps the apartment complex was charged with some prescence or spirit activity.

Any thoughts?

Other hauntings by Servant

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Servant, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
"Any thoughts?"
Yeah, I have a few.
The "tunnel vision". Would you mind terribly describing that in detail, if you can? I know that one is probably a bit sketchy, and the "tunnel" was probably a bit more like waving "lines" of distinction between that particular time frame and the one in which you were living at the time, but COULD you?
Here is why I ask.
Not too long ago (Yep, hang on guys, here comes another one of those stories within a story) I personally encountered three beings. They were cloaked in a foggy whiteness (NOT mist, FOG), that circled each of them individually, BUT encompassed them all (in other words, I could SEE the outlines of each one of them clearly, though the "fog" seemed to include them all, together. Did that make more sense?)
At the time, I was NOT alone and thought they were there to "lead me Home" (the situation COULD have warranted that, only I guess it just was not my time).
Now, I am not prepared to tell that whole story, but (mainly because the jury is still out on who or what they were) as I looked at them, it was as if there were a (forgive me, I am at a loss of descriptive words)... You know when a dog has something wrong with his ears and the family can not get him to stop scratching at it, so the vet puts one of those plastic collars on him so that he CAN'T? It was as if I had an elongated one of those on that actually connected me to the SIGHT of these three beings.
OK, so now that you are thinking that my computer chair is wound up too tight, I have another one.
Again, this time long ago, I saw a SINGLE "man". I seriously could not tell if this was male or female, it gave off no obvious signs or ANYTHING.
THIS one I was connected to. I had gone through a REALLY ROUGH time (if the people on here knew half of my past, they would be AMAZED that I am actually here typing into this site) and was very close to "giving in". He PULLED ME BACK into THIS life (yes, he IS my Spirit Guide) and "threw me" back on the bed and told me "This is NOT the time".
Now that may sound as hokey as a three dollar pistol, but I am HERE to tell you, that is just what I saw, and experienced.
MY THOUGHTS are that there was a distinct difference (my guide had seemingly the same multi-colored luminescent, reflective, psychedelic robe) between my experience and YOURS only in that you were NOT hurt.
So...
Just a thought process trying to work itself out. Perhaps someday I could share with you that whole story.
Thank you.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Hi Servant and thanks for sharing this interesting story of yours with us!

I think you hit the right point, well not exactly the right point but close to it. I don't think it must be happening to the full apartment complex but it must be happening to a few apartments. Like maybe, along your line or on that same floor. It was interesting to know the clothes of the two men because it sounds like those two men were very far from that generation! Thanks and nice story! Looking forward to more of your stories!

Biemaster
brainlessbandit (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
This sounds like a typical case of sleep paralysis. Its a natural phenomenon that occurs when someone awakens from REM sleep. The brain is still dreaming even though your eyes are sending visual messages to it, causing an altered state of consciousness (hallucinations). As for the paralysis: the body turns off motor function during REM sleep. When you emerge from REM sleep, the body may not have turned it back on, causing temporary paralysis.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
I had a weird thing happen like that when I was pregnant with my second child but I chalked it up to hormones and a waking dream type thing. There were 2 very tall beings in the doorway to my bedroom with large heads and very colorful metallic like robes and they were talking to one another but looking right at me and I got the impression they were discussing me. I know it sounds like a star trek episode but it was very strange. I have heard of a space being altered during these encounters but that didn't happen to me which probably means I was just dreaming. Ladyannne, I want you on my investigating team if I ever have one because you know how to keep your cool lol. Great story. I wonder what they wanted to tell you? Tell us if they ever come back.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Wow, to have your next door neighbor experience a similar thing as you, I think it might be some one who is trying to send you messages, that might be connected to the part you and your neighbor lives. Maybe they were wanting to tell you something about it, that you should know. That's just my opinion, and thanks for sharing your story. 😊
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Without wanting anyone to show up at the door with a straight jacket, I am nodding at your story. I once saw someone in a friend's living room. He wore a turban, very Arabic looking robes, complete with gold trim, the beard, black eyes, even the scabbard. If he had not literally disappeared before my eyes, I would have asked him where he had purchased such a wonderous Halloween costume. Monks are seen quite often in the hills west of Highway 280 in the bay area, very near an old monestary. Very little surprises me anymore.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: