You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Real Face To Face Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

A Real Face To Face Ghost

 

About three years ago when I was twelve years old, my mother couldn't pay the rent of our big family house anymore. We had to move into this new house, which belonged to my mom's friend's mother before. The thing about it was, when I first entered my room, everything seemed great, until I looked out of the window and realized that the house was built next to a graveyard. That's why it must have been so cheap.

The first few days it felt really awkward having a room next to the death, but after a few weeks or so everything was just fine and normal. I haven't had any paranormal experiences like I had in the house I lived before, although I never dared to stay up late because it always was creepy dark and deadly quiet at night.

One night around September, I just couldn't sleep because I had that weird feeling of being watched. I tried to calm down and to think of something nice, hoping to fall asleep soon. Having the sentence, "It's just my imagination," in my mind, I was silently grabbing for my mobile phone, which had a small light bulb next to its camera, and switched it on. Happy about seeing nothing scary or dangerous, I went back to bed. But the sense of being watched still wasn't gone. Suddenly out of nowhere, I could feel something very could grabbing for my leg. I could feel it so well, it was about the size of an adult's hand and it was like I could even feel the coldness in my bones. I didn't move at all and could only hardly breathe, hoping that this creature wouldn't know that I'm awake and would go away from me soon. I knew that this was NOT my imagination and I was fully awake by now. Since the touch on my leg would still remain, I dared to slowly open my eyes to see what was scaring me.

The whole room was dark because I used to close my curtains. I was shocked when I suddenly was able to see eyes in front of me that would just be staring at me. And as I tried to look closer, because I didn't really believe what I was seeing, I was able to make out a whole blurry face structure, which was almost one with the dark and very hard to see. On one side, I was totally scared of the unknown and on another, truly amazed by what not everyone would be able to see. Out of the face structure I could tell it was a man, which looked pretty much like every normal human, only as good as invisible. After a couple of minutes of just staring at the ghost, I was comfortable enough to try grabbing my mobile again in mind to take a picture. But totally unexplainable, I wasn't able to move, because I must have been way too scared to turn my face away.

Finally, I don't know how, I was jumping out of my bed and running to turn the light on. Of course nothing was there, but I could still feel it. I remember actually going crying into the bathroom, being upset that I wouldn't get enough sleep to go to school tomorrow. After some time, I returned to my room and just slept away with no evil feeling around me anymore. Of course, nobody believed my story, but I knew I wasn't sleeping and the face was only about 10 cm away from me, which was very close. I didn't know what this figure wanted from me and I also have never seen him or any other spirits again.

If you have any ideas or you know what it could have been, please let me know and comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xXselinaXx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WindowsGhost (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
Wow, that was scary and it's kind of close to you. Some ghost would attack you. Such as a choking ghost. There are many different kinds of ghost. I think that the ghost you saw is harmless but it's scary to look at it. A human figure shape is still scary since you don't know that person but any other type figure would be even more creepy.
betsy1987 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
lol? What's so odd about living next to a graveyard, I live right above one, we even have our own door that leads into the graveyard...
Our house is definitely spooked but I don't think that's because of the graveyard.
Whatever, if I ever die in my garden I just need to roll down the hill and right into my coffin, love that! It's fun to have the right to claim something like that, it's a littel overstressed but to some extent true 😁
xXselinaXx (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
Thanks but honestly that was the only thing that has happened to me in that house nothing before or after just that night lol
It was a peaceful silent place:D
kitty (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
omg I totally believe you! That would have been so scary I think that becouse you where so close to the grave the spirit would have been attracted to your life energy 😨
xXselinaXx (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
lol:D Thanks for all the comments!
First of all I haven't imagined the story,
I've written all I could remember from that day 😁 and Tonith I researched "sleep paralysis" could be true that it was my imagination but I know I was able to move I just didn't dare until I just jumped up 😕 And the grave yard was more like a peaceful silent place really...
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
I like Kiomsouth feel a little...Sceptic.But I hope I'm wrong. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Wow, you must be really brave. I mean, even from the start of your experience... A cold hand grabbing at you. I couldn't pretend to be asleep. I would have run away just from that!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
I know you can imagine a face or shape in total darkness. I have done it myself. It's called matrixing. Our brain does this naturally. The fact that you couldn't move is common in sleep paralysis. You thought you were fully awake but actually you were not. I have had odd things seen in repose but never was unable to move so I think mine were more a waking dream not sleep paralysis. Am not belittling your experience but I'm just not sure it was paranormal.
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
OMG! Your house is beside a graveyard? I couldn't live there. You must be really brave.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I think I will refrain from comment on this one for now.

God Bless!
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Oh God! That was damn freaky! I don't know how you had the guts to stare at the ghost back and actually try to take its photo! Hats off to you. I would have been DEAD scared if I saw a ghost or even a shadow! Well written story and awesome story! Hope to hearing more stories from you!

Biemaster
Georgeyboy (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Hi, that's a brilliant story, while reading it, it seemed as though the ghost wanted your attention, probaly for guidance?
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
WoW! I would have tried to take a picture too! That would look cool as a phone background

Dont be scared of ghosts, they can't hurt you. At least not usually.

Gary:)
Sonicfreak (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Wow that's realy freaky I'd probuly pass out of being so scared! LOL!... 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: