You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Haunted Minneapolis-1912

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Minneapolis-1912

 

I would like to share with everybody the most recent investigation team PROPHET undertook. It was quite unsettling even for a paranormal investigation team.

We started the research weeks prior to the actual investigation, gathering history and information from the clients. It is a turn of the century home and there have been accounts of paranormal activity dating back 25 plus years. The activity includes the sensation of touch, footsteps, and items being moved along with the uneasy feeling of being watched.

Team PROPHET went in and set up the equipment around 6:30 pm, about 2 hours before dusk. This allowed us time to walk the house and familiarize our self with each room. Then we allowed the atmosphere to rest while we walked across the street for dinner. That is the beginning of this adventure.

Our surveillance cameras, recorded a loud bang on the second floor, like a door slamming. How ever there was no activity on the video, and the house was empty. All pets were accounted for on the first floor and the basement by the surveillance cameras at the time.

Once we returned from dinner we started our investigation. We placed our EMF recorder on the table in the dining room (a frequent spot of uneasiness by the home owner). A team member started asking questions, one in particular- How long have you been here?

The stand alone EMF rose from. 02 to 3.3 at some time after that question. The team concluded that meant 33 years, but we were challenged by a younger member. Maybe it is 1933 and not 33 years. Our spokes person replied to the entities, is it 1933? A few moments later the EMF rose from. 02 to 1.9. Now the hairs are standing up on the back of our neck, we have never experienced such a direct answer.

Then all was quiet, we could not get a decent EMF reading, or a picture of anything significant until near 10:30 pm. While the team was gathered in the living room planning our next course of action a loud crash came from the locked enclosed porch. We opened the door to see what happened, and we could not believe our eyes. The lid to an electric skillet that was stored on the standup freezer was in the middle of the floor and the cord was a few feet away. All team members were in the locked house along with the pets. We quickly checked each window to assure they were closed.

A few moments later a team member had seen a shadowy figure near the front kitchen window. All team members were instructed to stay near the surveillance system so myself and 2 other members could quickly make a perimeter check outside the home. While outside the house myself and the other 2 team members viewed a tall dark slender shadow going past a window of the second floor hallway. We quickly ran back in only to find all team members still on the first floor but they did state they heard footsteps in the upstairs hallway. Not faint steps but heavy steps, too heavy to be a cat. We ran up the stairs to assure there is not an earthly presence but we could not find any one.

We quickly took EMF readings that were off the chart in the area the of the shadowy form from upstairs. Later that evening we revisited the same area with normal EMF readings. After an exhausting night, we left in the morning certain that we did not spend the night alone.

A couple of weeks later we started tearing apart our EVP sessions (we like to take some time before analyzing the evidence so we have fresh eyes and ears) and one session sat uneasy with us. But I could not find any oddities. At first.

One of our younger team members found a couple of electrical pops on an amplified recording that was not any where else or duplicated on any other recorders. We slowed it down and amplified it, it sounded like an electrical howl if you could imagine such a thing. Then shortly after the howl stops the very team member that made contact earlier in the evening you can hear her cell phone start to ring when it was placed on standby all evening, she checks her phone and acts puzzled on how it rang only to find there was no text message.

EVP can be reviewed at our web address.

Brian (Case Manager)

PROPHET of Minnesota

Http://www.mnprophet.com

Http://www.greatlakesspookcentral.com

Investigating the Possibilities!

Other hauntings by MNPROPHET

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MNPROPHET, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sabrina (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Wow MNPROPHET that sounds like you definitely had an encounter with some kind of entity in that home. I can't wait to here more stories of your investgations. I have also checked out your site, what a great looking team you are. Keep up the good work & keep posting great stories.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Quite an intriguing account MNPROPHET! I was particularly disturbed by the electronic 'howl'-very,very creepy but I'm mostly curious to see if you come up with any answers concerning the boy's mysterious disappearance. Sounds like it's going to be a very exciting investigation.

Keep up the good work as always!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Wow what a scary experience. I realy enjoyed reading your story. Thanks for sharring it with us. Did you ever do research on the place? I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Ok, I get it now. But very interesting story, and I hope you and your team get the job done and well. 😊
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Thanks for all the interest and kind words... Team PROPHET was invited back after the activity increased with the home owners. This will be investigated shortly.

Tonith you are so right, after a stressful encounter a team needs to take a step back and get there feet under them.

Team PROPHET believes in the possibilities.

We are eager to solve this mystery and help the restless to a peaceful and loving existence.

Welcome to the site DeviousAngel, we are looking forward to your ethusiasm and energy.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
An electronic howl. Very interesting. Don't think the tall slender black shadow would have been a ghost dog or wolf but maybe the other shadow seen inside could have been. We all know ghosts are notorious for using phones and other electronic equipment or appliances to make themselves known. The electric fry pan lid was tossed. Had it just fallen it wouldn't have made it to the middle of the room. I think this place was definitely haunted. Glad your team waits until they are fresh to review evidence. I think that is just a good rule of thumb. Happy Hunting. We need more people with good investigative skills to help those that are being haunted.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Sounds like a pretty fruitful exploration! What an amazing thing to have gotten such a direct answer on those readings.
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
We believe there to be 2 ghosts, a small child and a mother. Legend says that a Doctor use to reside in the house and his wife and young boy went missing mysteriously.
We will revisit this investigation soon, according to the home owners the activities have increased since the investigation and a pattern is emerging.
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Interesting. How did the person that haunts the house die? So did you make the spirit go away?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: