You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Bright Blue Flashes

Real Ghost Stories

Bright Blue Flashes

 

My wife and I bought this house we are in now 4 years ago. In these last 4 years, I have seen three BRIGHT blue "flashes" of light that all came from the master bathroom to the left side of the bed-room. It was super dark late at night, and I just happened to be awake at the moment, and opened my eyes at the right time to see it. It was super bright and bathed the whole room in blue light for just an instant. I could see the source if the light, it was just a tiny pin-hole as if a single photon exploded at random. It was about 6 inches up from the floor and in the doorway of the bathroom. My wife has seen one or two as well.

I had kind of forgotten about it, but yesterday in the afternoon, my wife and I both saw it again at the same time but this time in the bright light of afternoon sunlight coming in through the closed blinds of out bedroom. It was in a different spot this time, it was in the middle of the room, in front of the window, but even then, it was so bright that it stood out against the sunlight coming in through the closed blinds. I thought that I was the only one seeing it, but then she asked me if I had seen it, and of course I said yes.

Well then about an hour later, she saw another one in the kitchen. So this has now gotten to the point that it has prompted me to get online and try to find more info on the phenomena. I am curious.

Another thing, similar and maybe related, I sleep with my cell phone on the night stand beside the bed, it is used as an alarm. But one night, after the first sighting, the light on the screen came on. No phone call, no message, no sound came from it. It just lit up for like 30 seconds. My wife & I were still awake, laying there talking about things like this, spirit visitations, ghosts etc. So then the phone lit up and freaked us out! I jumped up and was looking at it trying to see if there was some message on it or not, and it was just white light, a blank screen.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jasontravisott, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Michelle198527 (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
I researched "blue light lite up room" and found this message board. I wanted to tell you and others that I have also experienced seeing a blueish white light. About five months ago, my niece passed away and I spent the night at my parents house in my childhood bedroom. It was about 5am and I just finished feeding my 4 month old baby and laid her down. I then went back to bed and I laid there maybe 10 minutes when all of a sudden the room lite up in a bluish white light. It lasted about 3 seconds or so. I thought I was seeing things and then it happened again. I then was freaked out and ran into the living room and waited there until my mom woke up to tell her what I just saw. Well come to find out, my mom has also seen their bedroom light up in a blueish white light at night too right after her father (my grandpa) passed away.
foulhabits (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Hi. I have studied on all sorts of things. This to me sounds like "Ball lightning" it is a super rare phenomenon that can happen inside places. Do some google-ing on it and read up a little.
carlton (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
Hi have now lived with these blue/grey flashes for well over 1 year now. I hadnt seen one for 6 weeks until last night at around 11pm. My whole bedroom just lit up for a millisecond. The thing is I can't find where this flash originates from in my room. Its definately not anything to do with the electricals as they have recently been chcked out. Its weird, as the flashes started in my living room but now seems to of moved to my bedroom.
StarSwept (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Hello. Just last night I was sleeping on my couch. I was awaken by a noise as I turned twoard the nois I saw a flash, as though from a camara! The living room was totally dark. I live on the lower level of my mother in laws house that used to be a basement before we remodeled, anyway I immediately thought of an electral problem, I got up to investigate... No electricle odor. I went back to the couch a few minutes later I heard the beaded lamps plastic beads russeling and then bam! Another blue flash... I put my head under the covers and went back to sleep. This stuff is too weried for me. I hope this helps in some way.
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Welcome to the site Jason,

A couple of thoughts on your MOVING blue lights, if it was an electrical problem it would be anchored to the wiring issue. Not move from a bathroom to a kitchen. As previously stated by others, this could very well be an unnatural EMF occurence.
Any issue with an electrical problem that would create such a light... Would almost have to be an arcking from a hot to a ground. Put in to play any mirrors or metalic object in the room causing you to see it else where other than the original source... A reflection of the problem.

Final thought... The cell phone has nothing to do with household electrical circuits... I would guess a haunting but as allways, be safe.

$3.00 will buy you a simple circuit tester that plugs in to each of your outlets and let's you know if you have a ground and neutral crossed.

Best wishes...Brian
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Due to the location of these flashes, it sounds doubtful that this is an electrical problem. I'm not really sure, and I agree with ElectricTNT that you might want to get it checked out just in case, but that's really strange...I've never heard of electrical prolems in the house creating enough of an EMF to affect your cell phone. Mine has done that on occasion too--just light up for no reason--but usually it's a battery issue, or it will do that when it gains and loses signal. Not sure how to explain the flashes!
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
This is a PS to my last post. I should have also advised that you have a professional electrician check all your wiring. Also tell him what you have experienced.
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Hi Jason

I have no idea what could be producing the light, but it sounds as if it is also producing a very strong Electro Magnetic Field which is why your cell phone screen lit up. This is similar to being able to take a florescent light bulb and hold it up under an high voltage electrical tower and it will light due to the strong Electro Magnetic Field.

You can buy, at Radio Shack, an inexpensive EMF meter which you could use to detect the ambient EMF field before an electrical discharge and then check again immediately after you notice the blue light flash and see if there is a major difference.

Also, and this is very important, check the electrical wiring under the bathroom and elsewhere to make sure that this is not being produced by some electrical fault in your home which in the future could have disastrous consequences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: