You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Demon Of The Civil War Graveyard

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Of The Civil War Graveyard

 

It was June twenty-second I believe when an event I will never forget happened. My cousin and I were at his house when we got bored. We were in Carolton Texas and we decided to go look at a graveyard he walked by at one point in time. It was 10:00 PM when we went out and started to look for the graveyard.

We went down the streets he remembered and got turned around five times for each time we tried to find it. What was odd is that we tried five different streets. We finally tried one of the roads that we had gone down before. We finally found it on a street with a house that was leaking water from the front door. The street was darker than dark every light off including the houses next to the one by this graveyard.

We had been looking for almost half an hour and were glad to find it. The first thing we noticed were the hundreds of orbs floating around. There were some floating away from where we were starting to walk and some that were floating away from the graveyard.

I felt this unnatural pull to the graveyard and my cousin stopped short. I asked him what was wrong three times and then realized that I was halfway between the graveyard and him. He was pointing at the bushes and I heard a crack from behind me.

I turned around to see two evil burning white eyes staring at me and him. I do not jest when I tell you this for we both saw it. As soon as we did we ran as fast as we could. We found the same places we walked by as if there was nothing to it. Even when we couldn't find the right way before.

This of course was not the first time I had run into such things but I did not alert my cousin to the situation seeing as I recognized the eyes. We made it back and alerted my step-brother back home. We had many encounters that night and the night after. Truth be told... I'm being watched now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rakoshnor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
Scary! I'd probably still go into the graveyard like the curious idiot I am... '
I know the same feeling of being watched and followed... Ever since my third experience with ghosts I've been followed and watched. Every night there are footsteps outside my bedroom, knocks on the wall and when I close my eyes I see demonic faces instead of colors that you see when you close your eyes... ><
Please post more stories! I'd love to hear them ^^
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Rakoshnor-thank you for sharing this story with us. From what I gather in your story, you recognized the eyes from a previous experience that you had. I hope that you will be sharing that experience. While I have never personally seen an orb, I don't discredit those that say they have. Not everyone is going to have the same experience as everyone else.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Hi Rakoshnor,
Wow that's some experience you two had. Did you do any sort of research on the cemetary or the old house next to it? If so what did you find out? While there have been people that have, it seems, just been out to bash posters these, especially Tonith, are not in that bunch. I know that Tonith has helped me on several occasions. Do the research and tell us what you find, the more information we have the more help we can give. 😊 God bless.
Rakoshnor (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
You guys don't understand the concept that its quite possible that 2 people don't see the same thing at the same time in the same place and I don't rely on any form of adrenaline I promise you that what we saw couldn't be adrenaline. If it was a reflection on a completely dark road I'm surprised and it is true that we shouldn't have done what we did but we did anyways out of curiosity. You are all entitled to your opinion but I would like you to know what I spoke there was truth.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
One of the common misconceptions about ghosts is that they haunt graveyards. I know that if I was a ghost, the last place I'd be is a graveyard. If there are ghosts that have the ability to be places that their body is not, I don't see why all ghosts wouldn't have that capability. If I were a ghost, it would be terrifying and awful to continue visiting a place where I knew my body was rotting away. Besides, if you believe that ghosts do haunt graveyards, it probably wasn't the best idea to go there after getting lost several times. Especially when you're going into unfamiliar territory, you should never go somewhere without a map or directions, even moreso not on foot, and even more than that, not somewhere dark where there could have been bums, criminals, drug dealers, what have you. Worse things than ghosts hang out in shady places at night.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
From most of what I have read real spirits don't hang out in graveyards. They usually end up the last place they were when alive. As far as orbs go they are always up for speculation. Teens can have vivid imaginations as well when the settings is right. I have to agree this was a case of over active imaginations.
sagemizu (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
I'm going to try and play the skeptic for a change. Hm 10 pm so unless you guys were very sleepy your eyes wouldn't play tricks on you so that thought is out. Also the 2 burning white eyes could it have been a reflection. As for having many encounters your adrenaline could have been pumping after having that one experience and created a chain of events.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: