You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spirits Choking My Sister?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits Choking My Sister?

 

My mom told me this story about my older sister and what used to happen to her as a baby. Here's the setup to the story and the house. My family had just moved into a two-story house in Fresno, California. Our family included my two older brothers, my older sister, and my parents. I wasn't born yet. What my parents didn't know was that this new house would soon become more than they bargained for.

My parents moved into this new house because they needed more room for the new addition to the family, my sister. Soon after they moved in and started settling into the house, strange things started happening to my sister. Late at night, my parents would wake up to find her coughing and gasping. My mom said it was as if someone was choking her and then letting go at the last moment. This happened on numerous occasions and my parents would rush her to the emergency room each time. But as soon as she got there, the doctors always said there was nothing wrong with her. This would happen many times throughout the next couple of years.

Around the time my sister turned three, my parents became Christians. This would later help my mom understand that there was something seriously wrong with the house. My sister started pointing at things only visible to her and getting scared for no apparent reason. My parents brushed it off until one night it became clear that something was wrong.

My parents had just dozed off with my sister sleeping between them, when my mom woke up to my sister crying and clutching to her like her life depended on it. After being asked what was wrong, my sister pointed to the foot of the bed and said, "Bad guys." My mom said that back then my sister referred to guys in biker gangs as "bad guys." She tried to reassure my sister that no one was there but that didn't work. So my mom put a Bible on each side of the bed. She said after a while, my sister finally calmed down and stopped crying. My mom believed something was wrong, but was waiting on something more credible.

She didn't have to wait long. If you're wondering why I haven't mentioned my dad much, he's a wuss.

One night my sister had another one of her choking incidents, so my parents rushed her to the hospital. They asked one of our close neighbors if she could watch my two brothers while they were gone. Our neighbor came and watched them while they slept in my parents' bedroom. She later told my parents what she experienced while she lay on my parents bed that night.

As soon as she laid down on their bed, she said the hallway light started to black out, and she heard loud footsteps thud up the stairway. She thought it was my dad coming back for something, but the footsteps were too heavy and loud to be his. Then she said she suddenly couldn't move for about five minutes. When my parents came back, she left without telling them what happened. She ended up telling my mom about a month later.

As soon as my mom heard about this, she said the hair on the back of her neck stood up. Since she was a devoted Christian, she gathered my family that night. She prayed for the spirits or entities to go away and to leave them alone. After that night, she said that the house felt more secure and that whatever was in the house never bothered them again.

Other hauntings by Oli

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Oli, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
To Tonith, why is it hard to believe that an entity could harm a child? They're not all good entities you know.

To ChrisB, thanks for your comment. I also believe children can sometimes see more than adults can. We just have to take them seriously sometimes (no matter how far-fetched it seems).
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
I have to say this was a great example of a haunting. Just everything can be scary. I don't blame your father for being scared. I to would be. Children can see more then adults can. Sometimes it can be a childs imagination but we should always listen to what they say. Sometimes it can be very important. Faith is in all of us and I believe that this is the strongest weapon we have aggaints evil. A little bit of faith, doesn't matter what religion, and we should solve every propblem. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Don't know what to make of this story. I find it hard to believe a spirit would choke a baby but I do think a child can have many fears and can use this as an excuse to sleep with the parents. This aside the sitter that night was lying down and you can't take seriously what happens when in that state of being partially in or out of sleep. The sitter's explanation sounds like sleep paralysis. To my knowledge many Christians believed these entities to be demons or imps and not human spirits. Guess it doesn't matter what the belief as long as the end result is favorable.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
DeviousAngel - Thanks!

Emma2008 - Sorry, just had to point it out since my mom's usually the one that takes charge. And it wasn't a medical problem because, like I said in the story, the doctors said nothing was wrong with her. Also, the choking stopped after my mom prayed/blessed the house.

Rstahley - Thanks also!

MNPROPHET - My sister has had some more experiences although not as extreme as being choked. I will post that story when I get the chance.

Sagemizu - Wow, that's interesting to know. I've heard a lot of ghost stories from Thailand.
sagemizu (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
Well I know in Thailand and places like that Ghosts would come to take your baby away sometime at night or if you say the baby is cute however its just superstition so I've never heard of Spirits/Entities/Ghosts actually attacking babies.
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
What a terrorizing story. I feel for your parents and the dred they must of felt being so helpless for so long.

That is the terrorzing part, being haunted for over 2 years.

Has your sister had any more hauntings since the choking stopped?

Thanks for sharing your story, Brian 😊
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
This is a very scary story. I'm glad that your family was able to rid the home of the evil entities. I too am glad that nothing worse happened to your sister.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
I don't think you should disrespect your father and call him a wuss, that's not cool. I've never read a story where the entities attack an innocent baby. I believe your sister may have had a medical condition which caused her breathing problems. Your other siblings weren't attacked. I see no reason why the entities would single out your sister.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
That's really terrifying. Something like this happened to my grandmother too. I'm glad your sister is ok.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: