You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Angel's Visit

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Angel's Visit

 

I encountered a "Dark Angel" when I was around eleven years old. Just before falling asleep I saw a tall dark figure standing in the corner of my room. He was around 6'2, with a long black coat and a black top hat, but I couldn't make out his face. I was afraid of my own shadow at the time but I didn't feel any fear at all. In fact, I felt as though he was smiling at me, even though I couldn't see his face.

My twin brother and I slept in the same bed nearly every night of our lives, yet this night my parents decided that we should start sleeping separately. We never left each other's side and I don't think I had more than one minute to myself before that night. I let my brother take the top bunk and I took the bottom, even though I was scared as hell and I didn't want him to be scared.

I had an elementary school teacher at the time, Mr. Roberson at Lankershim Elementary, who would give me an extremely warm smile when I answered a question in his class. I felt the same kind of feeling coming from this being. I felt as though he were proud of me for some reason. I stared at him for a full minute, then wiped my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Reality started sinking in on me that this shouldn't be happening, so I pulled the covers over my head for about another minute. When I pulled them back down, he was still there.

At this point I was ready for the experience to end, so I yelled out for my Dad and the figure slowly turned around to face the corner of my room and walked right through the wall. I'm 37 now and it still feels as if it happened yesterday. I don't believe in religion but I do believe in good and evil. This guy was not evil. I believe that he just wanted me to know that he was watching over me and I still feel a sense of comfort from the feeling that he gave me. Needless to say, my brother and I slept together from then on out. That is until we grew out of it...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, donp1111, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Hey donp1111 a lot of us feel the same way, I accidently came across this website and am very thankful I did. It probly was a relative but anyways great story, Katherine.
Nyieu (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-26)
Wow! I'm really happy for you that it was a nice person. I don't think he was a dark angel at all, just someone who was looking out for you
donp1111 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
I'm so glad that I found this site because I love the dialog. When I look back on my life, I can say that this incident changed everything. The fact that I saw something that could not be confirmed by anyone (until I came to this site) changed my view of reality. This incident turned me into the kind of person that does not accept what is perceived to be reality. I've often wondered if that was the objective of the being I encountered that night. I can see how easy it is to change the course of a person's life... Just show them something that their piers don't think is possible. You can look at pictures of UFO's or ghost but empirical knowledge is irreplaceable.
boo2you (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
I had a similar experience when I was 18 I woke up a couple of hours after falling asleep and felt like someone was in the room. When I looked at the end of the bed (I slept in a sofa bed so was on the floor) there was a dark figure of male build at the end of the bed I also felt completely safe and at ease, a few minutes later I did the weirdest thing. I just lay back down and went back to sleep. (I believe it was one of my grandfathers letting me know he watches over me). I often feel a presence just behind me.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I realy liked reading this story. I believe that this might not hvae been an angel but a family member. It was black because it might have not have enough energy to manifest. But for sure it meant no harm. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-06)
I like your terminology, donp1111. Especially when describing this wonderfully peaceful being that you encountered. One can not help but wonder which one of your relatives, or even close friends, came to call on you that night. I am so happy that they got to show you that they were proud of you. How beautiful.
Thank you.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-06)
Great story donp. I'm glad you got to experience a kind entity. And about your comment, I used to always see 11:11 on clocks/watches also. Hmm...😕
donp1111 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. My brother didn't see the figure. He has no recollection of the event and has never mentioned a paranormal experience. I definitely feel lucky to have had the experience and I wish that I could see him again. I see 11:11 on digital displays several times every day and I've often wondered if maybe that was him/them prompting me.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Hi donp. Your story was a good experience even though you might have been scared at first! I read rsthaley's comments and would have to agree with them. Thanks for sharing your story here. 😊
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
I think this is a really neat story. It's comforting that this figure wasn't threatening, but rather kind. Since your brother didn't yell, I'm assuming the figure came just to see you, and that only you could see him, and maybe he was your guardian or something, but you're lucky to have had this experience, I think.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: