You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: How Do I Tell Others About This?

Real Ghost Stories

How Do I Tell Others About This?

 

I am seventeen years of age and I have started watching a program on tv called Ghost Whisperer. It teaches you how to communicate with ghosts, and since I have watched this program, I have been seeing black shadows in my house. I have told my boyfriend about this. I don't want people to think I am mad, but each time it happens, you can see a stronger shadow. My boyfriend believes that I can see this stuff.

I got told by the ghost to tell someone close to me to watch out and something will happen to them, but its for the best. On Tuesday, the 29th of July, I told my boyfriend in the morning at 8 am. At 3 pm I had a phone call. "I don't know how you knew what was going to happen, but I just been given a pay raise for something I didn't do," my boyfriend said to me. I told him it was the ghost. I can see who told me to tell someone close to me. He couldn't believe it. He is scared of ghosts and I am trying to get him to get over his fear. I said, "I have someone willing to help," but it freaked him out even more.

Where ever I go, when I see one, it's hard not to talk to them. No one else can see them, so I have to be really careful about how I let off signals to people.

When I went to my boyfriend's house for the first time the other day, everyone was downstairs, but I heard noises coming from upstairs. I couldn't help but take a look, and I saw a man. My boyfriend's great granddad has just died, and the man I saw knows I could see him. I didn't say anything to anyone. I tried my hardest to keep my attention off the ghost, but it was very hard to do.

When I go back, I have to say something because I think it's my boyfriend's great granddad coming back. I don't know how to bring it up because I know how people can act differently to things about this subject!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissY732, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TaraSian (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
You should really take into account that "The ghost whisperer" is a fictional show. I'm sure it is very possible that the show opened your mind and that you are now able to appreciate being sensitive... But please don't take that show seriously. It's a great show don't get me wrong, but that's not how it works in real life.

Be sensitive to your boyfriends family... Maybe don't tell them that you're seeing a recently deceased family member. I'm sure in the future you can mention to your boyfriend what you saw upstairs, but some people just don't take things like that lightly.

I'm not doubting anything you're saying, but just remember to take into account how other people will react to what you want to tell them, especially something as sensitive as a dead loved one.
samialyssa14 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
love that show! Is that when you stated seeing them? Becouse I think it made you think these things
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
That's so cool. Usually I can just sense a ghost, but on the rare occasion I can see them as well. I hope you don't take your gift for granted. Good Luck! 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
Well I think Metalhead might have a point here. It maybe possible that you have never noticed these things but the Tv show reminded you of some things that has happened. But I don't believe that this was caused by the tv show. But EVERYONE knows that Jennifer is WOW! 😆 I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
You know, a LOT of these new shows SEEM to be informative watching, or very close to it. They appear to have a sound backing in research and look as if they COULD be tutorial, but I can assure you, they are still just shows.
There may be a vast amount of knowledge that IS passed on by way of an easy to watch format, and a plot to go along with it. But they are still just shows.
Jennifer Love Hewitt really has no grounding in the paranormal. She has readily admitted this, and has been reported as saying that some of the things she acts is possible are beyond what science and the majority of hunters would stand behind 100%. She admits unashamedly that she is a mere actress portraying the life of what one persons view of a Spiritualist may be like.
As for your question on how you can tell others about this. Is it really that important to inform others about your abilities? If they are attune to you, they will be able to pick out the times when you are having an experience. If not, they may just think you are "checking out". People zone out all of the time. That is an easy one to cover up.
There are times when "coming out of THIS closet" could be detrimental and cause you more strife than what the actual weight off your shoulder, big sigh of relief, glad that is over feeling that you may get after you have spilled the beans. For instance, depending on who you tell, it could mean your friendships, your job, the place on the team that you really worked hard for, the byline in the magazine, and the loss of certain family members. Now those things do not happen all of them time, but is it worth the risk?
That is what YOU must discover. How willing are you to give up what you have, or hope to achieve? What are the chances that it is a passing "freak of nature", and that you may grow out of it in a few months time? That HAS happened. A great visionary HAS been in a prominent place for an entire three weeks of fame, and then the talent just fizzled out.
I would just think through the pro's and con's.
Thank you.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
maybe watching the ghost whisperer triggered your senses, maybe because you never thought of stuff before?
I know how it feels to just knowing stuff and not knowing from where you got the tought in your head! It happens to me, all the time =]
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
I know how hard it can be to live with this secret. It does scare people, and a lot of people are not ready to see what you see.

What I did, was only to tell my close friends. Good friends will stand by you.

Loyal and true friends make all the difference.

Gary:) email me if you need advice or help.
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
I'm also an avid viewer of the show because I like horror a lot even if I am scared but it's entertaining though. Anyway, I haven't experience seeing ghost as you do. Maybe your psychic ability just gone active these days. For me, that's a wonderful gift because you can be of help to the spirits who are seeking the light like jennifer's role in Ghost Whisperer. Though it's a bit scary...😉
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
That is interesting, I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not, but when did this start happening? I am just now seeing things, hearing, and drawing things just a couple of months ago. I am not sure but I am hearing and seeing things a lot now and I am going through the same thing, I'm not sure if I should tell my other friends or not, I tried telling my mom but she tould me I watch to much tv. I am sorry but I don't really have any suggestions, it isn't very good to keep things bottled in like what I am doing. I hope you could give me some more answers... Maybe I could help you just email me if you want help. 😁 😁

Katona1700s ❤
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
is that the one with jennifer love hewitt? Because if it is then that's fiction,
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
I do believe that you have a very good spiritual eye and you should not be ashamed of it. Sometimes it can be scary, and definitely hard when others don't believe you or become afraid of you. Just do your best to find your own way to handle it. One of the first things you should do is learn to shield yourself. If you're a religious person, you can pray to shield yourself from negative energy and negative spirits. If you're not religious, you can do many different things. Meditation, energy stones/gems, runes, herbs, incense, etc. It's all about what makes you comfortable and strengthens you as a person.

Most of all, don't worry.:) You'll be okay.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
PLEASE email me! Lol my email address is on my profile page... Just click on my username and it's right there. I have a few questions about what your going through.

Thanks again
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
well...all I can say is that as a Christian (This is just my opinion from what my church has taught) I believe that any unatural being from the enemy can come through Television and try to take advantage of someone who may be vulnerable. Watching this show may have opened your mind a little and the enemy has noticed. I have seen cases where someone liked a lot of horror movies and what not and they became more and more prone to demons and possessions. The enemy just doesn't come through television... It can come through movies, books, magazines, internet, etc... So be carefull what you watch and read.

Remember this is only my personal opinion from my personal experiences and this I am in no way insisting that this is the only answer. However, I will be praying for you and I hope you end up doing the right thing for yourself and your spirit as well

Take care and God bless

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: