You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Pokes In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Pokes In The Night

 

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had something like this happen:

I have felt a "poke" on my shoulder at night, in bed. I share a one-bedroom apartment with my fiance'. It has happened about 5 times so far. Not in a row however. I'm awake when this happens. The latest was last night. I got up to use the bathroom, came back to bed. I got settled. I was adjusting something on my night table. On the left shoulder "Poke Poke Poke". They are always three pokes.

I have checked with my fiance' every time. He sleeps like a log. It isn't him. He is not one to play jokes, especially when it comes to sleeping at night.

It is not the ceiling fan blowing wind, the windows are not open. My hair is short so it's not my hair or the blanket. We do not have a pet or a roommate.

My father suggested a muscle spasm. And while that sounds very logical, I just feel it isn't. These are three distinctive pokes. It feels like someone's finger. It only happens once at night. After the third poke, that's it. I don't know what time it happens (my fiance' has the alarm clock on his side)

If anyone has had something similar happen it would be good to know. I'm not saying this is something supernatural... But I thought I would throw it out there

Other hauntings by hobbyholly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hobbyholly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alsoabeliever (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-26)
I experienced a finger poke to my mid-back while spending a night at the Hotel Rio Vista in Winthrop WA. Like one of the writers above, it was slow (five seconds) and methodical. I felt the pressure of the finger press down into my mid back between my shoulders. I wore a camisole and could not feel if the finger was cold or warm. The feeling was distinctive and unmistakable. I felt the sharpness of a pointing finger from an adult person, and I felt the curvature of a short finger nail. I do not remember feeling pain from the touch, but I do remember the configuration of the finger as it was touching me.
Andreahlove (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
Something like this happened when I was like 8 or 10. I'm 13 now and will never forget this one night I woke up around 12:30.and less then a minute of waking up that night my bed poked my back I could tell it was a finger but I was immobile. It poked me really slow like 5 seconds. Then went away slowly if I had looked at it while it was poking me I know it wouldve looked like someone was poking a blanket upwards
jmarieinca (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
This is interesting to hear. I was poked at during the night last night while I was in a deep sleep, it was very distinct. Two firm adult taps on my right shoulder that was near the edge of the bed. Not sure what it was but it woke me up for sure. I'm still creeped out about it.
Liza_93 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
I was poked last night on my left shoulder... What made it worse is that there was a man next to my bed... I believe its friendly there trying to get your attention for some reason.
kelleykat73 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
To HobbyHolly:
Last night was the second time the poking has happened to me. I was sound asleep when I felt 3 pokes that seemed to be by someones finger in the back of my head and I heard a girls voice say my name. I woke up and nobody was there but I felt like someone was. About 2 weeks before this, I was poked 3 times and my name said again. It happens around 3:20-4am so far. I have no idea what it is, if I'm losing it or what is going on so if you find out anymore about it or have anymore to share, please do.
KELLEY
SMH (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
I've always been a believer. I've seen all the shows, heard all the stories, but have never experience anything myself... Until last weekend. I was with a friend who was talking about an ex boyfriend who had died of an overdose with suspected foul play. All of a sudden we heard the dog barking (1:30am) no one was there. Again, the dog started barking at the front door, no one was there when she and I went out to check. I told her I thought something was by the side of the house, but since we didn't see anything we went back in. She resumed the conversation about her ex bf... The dog was on my lap and all of a sudden she started a low growl looking out towards the middle of the pool. Something was definitely disturbing her. We were definitely weirded out!

Two days later I was sleep at my apt... Having a bad dream I felt anxiety. At the pinacle of my dream, I instantly felt a poke of a finger to my left side (in the ribs) I jumped in my bed, waking me up then with no lag time I heard a low voice on my right side... FREAKED OUT! Layed in my bed stiff as a board until I felt like there was nothing there. Then I was able to go to the bathroom and tinkle!

People told me it was in my head, that I was on edge from the weekend... Just about when I had convinced myself that that was the case, I talked to my friend that I was with... She had said that something very similar had happened to her the day before! Coincidence? I'm hoping so!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I don't care if my ghost wants to hangs out and cruise... I can deal with energies, and presences in my place... But I draw the line when it touches me!
psychicblade (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
Hi just checked out your profile!

Good vibe's very intersting person.

Just joined this to day... Look forward

To hearing many stories...

😁
gamst (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
You know, Paul Roland talks about this in "the complete book of ghosts" when he says that many times he's experienced what can best be described as cobwebs brushing his face, a soft hand stroking his hair or fingers pressed gently on his back or chest.
I think all of us experience these sensations, and probably on a more frequent level than we think. Even the uber-sceptics experience it but it's only the open-minded people who can explain what this strange phenomenon is and give it the true explanation it deserves.
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
First of all, sorry for the extremely long comment!

Hmm... I used to get random pokes too. The only reason why that ghost did it was to grip my attention. Maybe the number of pokes has something to do with it. Can you tell the size of the finger? Could it be a child, teen, or adult? How quick or slow does the poking go? It seems like your fiance doesn't seem disturbed at all. If this is a paranormal experience, the ghost is trying to get YOUR attention.

About the fear. Take a step back and just chill. I know about everybody gets the jeepers when they're experiencing something, but try and feel if it's a friendly ghost, or a bad one. If your relationship with your fiance is unusually tense or wrong, it may be a bad ghost. Remember that ghosts are the remains of a person that is stuck on Earth for a reason. Not all people that died are bad.

Good luck in solving this!
~AMA
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
Succubussed: they are taps with some pressure... Like a finger. Of course I feel confused when this happens and a sense of fear
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
Hi hobbyholly and thanks for posting. I can't say with certainty that your experience is supernatural-that is something you can only know but what you're describing seems to be a common occurrence. We all believe that a spirit wishing to communicate would find a number of ways to achieve that. We are told of 'whispering' or 'whistling' spirits, spirits that touch, others that move objects and the list goes on.

I believe to have been visited by a misty lady who comes by my bed side when I sleep. I don't know if the following is in any way related to her but I've been poked a number of times lately while lighting my prayer candles. It's not a violent or painful experience-it's rather a gentle soft poke on the top of my right shoulder. At first I thought it was a muscle thing but when something else happened I soon changed my mind.
Succubussed (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
Are they hard pokes, or soft pokes? Do they feel like taps or are they jabs?

Is there any accompanying feeling (fear, joy, anger etc) when it happens?
elizabethbath0ry (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
i have had this happen a lot and in fact I'm up now because I was being poked last night, it was a mans voice talking to me telling m to come over to the other side that I would have more fun, I couldn't scream out as he poked my sides and pulled my hair so I thought in my head... But I'm alive, he said but you will die next week. I am here looking to know I'm not crazy and in fact this site has reassured me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: