You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: How Does A Haunting Affect Our Relationships?

Real Ghost Stories

How Does A Haunting Affect Our Relationships?

 

How does a Haunting affect our relationships?

Team PROPHET was asked to consult on an alleged haunting a few days ago.

It was a little disturbing to me and my wife... A fellow investigator...

The story starts out as a special occasion for a husband and wife... An anniversary? A special occasion? We are not allowed to disclose to assure the privacy of the clients. The clients are "Your Ghost Stories Members "also. But a demonic force has other plans for the couple.

They came home after a nice dinner, and right away they realized items out of place. The wife noticed the items first, some with sentimental value to this particular occasion.

She has so many times before questioned her husband about the disappearance of the items that held sentimental value. He proclaims that he never entered the house after work so he could not have moved the items in question. But she tends to vent on him first, before rationalizing the issue. This is but a daily issue that is quickly dispersed with normal hustle and bustle of everyday lives and never amounts to more than snicker or eye rolling-however not acceptable behavior on a special occasion.

Then it escalates... Both the husband and wife stated they felt a rise in the temperature as they get frustrated with each others' inability to find a resolve about the issue.

They go to bed angry!

Each one wakes up with bruises. The husband is swollen on the knee and sports bruises on the wrist. The wife has deep purple bruises on the back.

This is not uncommon with a demonic haunting.

What disturbs me is this:

The ability of a demonic presence to push the right buttons for us to lose our own humanity. This was a special day and very sentimental to both, however all was lost to a simple act from a ghost that quietly watches in the dark. Plays with their emotions at will. This demon pitted husband and wife against each other when they were at their best; this just shows how each of us needs to stay focused on the prize and how vulnerable humanity is.

Humanity is the prize, a toy for the demonic forces. Weather it is a sweet child laughing uncharistically at a squirrel getting hit by a car or a dad ignoring his child when he is hurt.

This is but a simple fix.

The demon watches and waits to show his ugly head.

PROPHET sent the couple off, with this advice.

One demon is never better than two lovers.

Other hauntings by MNPROPHET

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MNPROPHET, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Autumnbaby (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
My husband and I know how true this is. But we beat it, and now we are stronger than ever as a couple. These negative entities feed off of tearing up a marriage, and unfortunately they sometimes win.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
This is an insightful and thought provoking account.
It should be enough to alert and inform thoughtful readers. Good post.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
You know Prophet. You are one hell of a good ghost hunter and person. The way you wrote this story explains many things as you say. Good will always defeat evil when we want it to. This was a great story. Thank you for helping feloow members. Ghost huntes usualy search for evidence but the best ghost hunter will search to help somebody. Great job! I will being waiting for your other stories. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
Very good sentiment! I appreciate this story. 😁 It's too easy to lose touch with each other these days over simple, small things.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: