You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Copied By A Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Copied By A Spirit

 

I read stories about a person being copied by a spirit (at least that is the best way to define them). So I will share my story-yet I was not really the one who got copied or physically experienced it.

I used to live in La Union, Philippines in an apartment. We had a billiard house business back then. We owned at least 12 billiard tables. The billiard house was located in front of my apartment, so it was walking distance, approximately 3 minutes walk. Around six in the evening, my Tito Lito (uncle Lito in English) decided to go clean the billiard tables for the next day. He was probably there more than an hour.

When he was there, he started to clean the tables on the left wing of the billiard house (each wing has 6 tables), then he went to the right wing to clean the other six, when he got into the right wing, he saw my grandpa cleaning the billiard sticks. He greeted my grandpa a good evening, yet he didn't get any verbal response (he usually says something) but just a nod. He could care less why my grandpa didn't say anything so he went back in the apartment and right when he walked in the door, he saw my grandpa sleeping on his rocking chair beside me.

As far as I can remember he looked shocked, then he asked me a weird question: "How long have he been here?" After hearing his question, it got me confused so I just plainly answered, "He has been helping me with my homework for the past 2 hours." Right after I answered his question, he turned completely red and walked into the kitchen on a rushing motion, where my grandma and his wife were cooking.

On dinner time, he told us what happened when we are all in the table. He also added that when he saw my grandpa, he had black slacks and a light blue polo on. Yet, now he was wearing shorts and a tank top. From that time on, he never went to the billiard house by himself.

I would think he is crazy, but there have been other people who experienced weird scenarios in our billiard house and our apartment building. I, myself, have had weird experiences at my old place but that is a different story.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FAY3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cherrie25 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
Hi! I believed of dopplegangers because I myself & my classmate have encountered it already. The one we encountered is the doppleganger of my one classmate, wearing the same clothes. The story is quite long, I will just share it when this page is ready to accept real ghost stories... Based on my researched, the one who have seen a doppleganger will have an illness & the one who seen his/her doppleganger is omen of his/her death.
spunkiixtaco (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
I might be crazy or what, but I do believe about dopplegangers; it happened during my 1st Year Highschool in the Philippines. I have this close friend of mine, and everybody kept telling me that they see him in one place, but appear just after seeing him.

It was lunch time, and I saw him making his way to the lunch room as I was on my way back to class to do some unfinished work. I even greeted him, "Hey, ______" and he just waved back.

When I arrived at my classroom, I saw him in there doing some work. I asked my friend whether he left the room, and she told me that he never did.

Everybody in my class experienced the same, and we asked my friend whether he have a brother or relative going to the same school, but he told us, he don't.

I find it creepy but actually cool at the same time. ❤
remm07 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-05)
I experienced it once. We were on training that time. On the training floor, while we are discussing with our trainer, this other trainer interrupted our discussion so our trainer got mad to that other trainer. After awhile, our trainer told us that 'this other trainer' that interrupted our discussion was actually busy that time and he was on a meeting. They assumed that it was a double of the trainer.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Doppelgangers are not necessarily a foretelling of a death. There are numerous recorded stories of them that seem to be just a coincidental sighting of someone's double.
Old mirrors are famous for showing double images. That is kind of how I feel doppelgangers work. You have the actual, and then you have the "double".
My 16th President, Abraham Lincoln, reported seeing his double, but slightly lighter than himself. He was in his inaugural dress, so he took this to mean that he would be elected for a second term. Shortly thereafter, he was assassinated in Ford's Theater.
"Doppelganger" is German for "double walker" - a shadow self that is thought to accompany every person. Traditionally, it is said that only the owner of the doppelganger can see this phantom self, and that it can be a harbinger of death. Occasionally, however, a doppelganger can be seen by a person's friends or family, resulting in quite a bit of confusion.
Julie von Güldenstubbe was 13, and the daughter of the Baron von Güldenstubbe. She had a favorite teacher at boarding school, Emilie Sagee, who's double apparently would appear and disappear in full view of the students.
Queen Elizabeth I of England was shocked to see her doppelganger laid out on her bed. The queen died shortly thereafter.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, the 18th century German poet, confronted his doppelganger while riding on the road to Drusenheim. Riding toward him was his exact double, but wearing a more "upper class" suit of clothing. Eight years later, von Goethe was again traveling on the same road, but in the opposite direction. He then realized he was wearing the very suit that he had seen years previous. No one passed away after THAT vision, so this is an example of a doppelganger which is both benign and reassuring.
Stories abound of bi location. And bi location, is the vision of someone in a completely different place than what the "actual" person is. Not all are harbingers of death. It just seems that the ones we like to remember are the "nasties".
Thank you.
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Hi! FAY3,

I just heard that from the people I knew. I really can't say it's true about what will happen if you see a doppelganger because I haven't experience it and my friend who experienced the same thing didn't share any bad thing that happen to him after that. Just be careful then... You can search about it on the net. 😉
FAY3 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
bruwx: it is not his grandpa that is for sure because he is not blood related to me, he became my uncle since he married my aunt who is my grandpa's daughter 😁

Feiaby: yeah I think you can call them the Doppelganger, but you said it means illness or danger, what do you mean? Get at me, I'm curious xD

ChrisB: yeah it is scary, it would be more scary if yourself is the one who got copied...
phantomcam (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
😳 yer its a doppelganger... Ghostly/spiritual double of someone...
My brother, mitch a couple of years ago had a slightly different experience... He woke up (and mitch is like really OCD about hes room) and he saw my brother dane in hes room close to hes bed just staring at him, noticing him awake dane ran so mitch chased him into the parents room (other end of the house) and dane never came out so he went to go back up to bed but because danes room is right next to it he passed it and noticed dane was asleep, you could say dane was pretending to be asleep... But there's no possible way he couldve got back up to hes room without walking out of our parents room, and mitch noticing him
🤔
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
Ahh! I believe they are called the dopleganger. I don't know if that is the way you spell it. They are spirits or demons that use our energy and they have our look. They can be very scary! Thanks for the story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
I think you are refering to a Doppelganger-it's the ghostly double of a person. Some say that when you see a doppelgänger as a person's friends or relatives, it means illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death.
I have a friend who experienced the same thing too. 😊
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
Alternatively, it could've been a form of dream projection from your grandpa. That stuff's pretty rare, but if the billiard hall's had other paranormal activity in it, the idea isn't impossible.

Might've just been having a dream about being out there helping out. Should ask him about it if you get the chance.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
wow, sounds weird, maybe it was his grandpa, that looked like your grandpa or something like that!

Interesting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: