You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Polka-dot Lady, Maria

Real Ghost Stories

The Polka-dot Lady, Maria

 

I just want to share an incident that happened four or five years ago in the same university in my first story. One of our faculty, Ms. Fe and my classmate itself, who experienced this occurrence, told this story. There stories were somewhat related.

This classmate of mine was a laboratory assistant in Typing Room 5. One Saturday afternoon, while cleaning the monitors, she noticed a reflection in the glass filter. She didn't feel any fear that time yet. The reflected image was of a woman wearing a polka-dot dress standing behind her. In her mind, she was wondering why she had company and who would dare to be wearing an old-style polka-dot dress in the school. And suddenly, she remembered that she locked the door before she started her cleaning. Just then, her body went cold and in that instant was so scared to death. It took so much courage to turn and look to see who it was. When she turned her head, to her surprise, no one was there. She thought it might be just her imagination but she looked again at the monitor. As fast as she could, she ran out of the lab without looking back, crying. She went straight to their cubicle and told her colleagues everything that happened. The reason why she ran out of the lab was because when she looked again to the monitor, the woman in polka-dot was still there.

Again, it was Saturday. According to Ms. Fe, Ms. Ro, the professor, was in charge of putting up the board for the upcoming exhibit of their department in the lobby. Together with her students from different blocks, they started their work. I couldn't remember if they started morning, or if it was afternoon, but everybody noticed this certain girl during break time. Ms. Ro provided each student a stab in their classroom for their snacks on that day. After everyone had their snacks, this certain girl approached Ms. Ro for her share without her stab. Ms. Ro asked for it and the girl answered she didn't have any.

As described by Ms. Ro, the girl was wearing an old-style polka-dot dress. Her voice seemed like so distant and her eyes were so deep and lifeless. Everyone's attention was now on the girl, who couldn't look at Ms. Ro directly and kept her head down. Ms. Ro interrogated the girl and asked her name and schedule. The girl answered back with a Maria B. (not her real name) and that she was a classmate of Ms. Ro's 2:30 pm-4 pm students in Typing Room 5 while pointing to a group of students. Those students were the 2:30 - 4 class and immediately they reacted upon hearing the girl's statements. They denied it and that they didn't know her and just met her that day.

Since they still had work to be done, Ms. Ro told the students to get back to their respective assignments and Maria did really helped putting those pamphlets together. Soon they were done and everybody was ready to go home. They went outside the university together including Maria. Just when they crossed the other side of the street, Maria just disappeared and was no where to be found.

Monday came. Ms. Ro told some of the other faculty about the strange encounter. So, Ms. F helped in searching information about Maria. They went to the Registrar's Office to look for Maria's records. Yes, they have her files and to their surprise, her face that Ms. Ro saw and her file's photo had a slight difference. They also found out that Maria graduated in 1998, I think, and was a transferee, so they went to her previous school. There, the file's photo was the same person Ms. Ro saw. I think the file dated 1993. They also got her address and visited it. At the address, everyone living there had the same surname as Maria, but they didn't know someone or a relative with the name Maria.

They came up with a conclusion that Maria was already dead since they haven't seen her ever again, even Ms. Ro. They just offered some prayers and mass for her soul to rest with our Creator.

Other hauntings by Feiaby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Feiaby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Wow what an amazing story! I realy enjoyed reading this one. Thank you for sharring it with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
[brownie09]
Thanks for reading my story. 😊

No problem, whitebuffalo. I'm glad that you did ask. Thanks! 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
Thank you for clearing that up, Feiaby. I did not think that the way I interpreted it was what you were trying to convey. 😉
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
Hi! Whitebuffalo. Thanks for the questions. Take note that this incidents happened in 2003 or 2004. Ms. Ro's encounter was linked to my classmates experience since the girl they saw was wearing a polka-dot dress and the room she appeared and claimed to Ms. Ro's students. Anyway, they concluded that she was dead because, aside from disappearing when they crossed the street and no where to be found after that day, my classmate's account was already a valid evidence that she was no longer alive. And also, the information they got from the families with the same surname as "Maria". Let me add, the address was a compound where all of the families have the surname of "Maria". 😊
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Wow, that was a freaky story, it seems like the girl had finally made peace that she was dead, and moved on. Thanks for sharing. 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Interesting that "Maria" seems to have graduated in 1998, but the photo in the file for 1993 was the image that was seen. Also- I got confused, and it is probably just me. Did you mean to say that they came to the conclusion that Maria was dead when she enrolled in BOTH of those schools?
How unselfish of all those involved to remember Maria in Mass. What beautiful people she had here on this side.
Thank you.
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Hi! Biemaster and JamesRobiscoe. Thanks for the compliments. Anyway, we felt really sad when Ms. Fe told us that they couldn't find the girl's relatives and whereabouts, as well as, the reason behind her appearances. It was a big puzzle to us of what really happened to her. But we were sure the prayers and the Mass helped in her journey to the after life if she was really dead. 😊

Don't worry, I will share every story I could remember during my college days.😉

Many thanks.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
Feiaby--A terrific story. Most unusual to have not only a sighting of a full-body apparition, but that it was seen by so many--and then to have active and extended interaction with it--putting pamphlets together! That child had some work ethic.
What loneliness for her that no family claimed her. How many ways of sadness there are...
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
Wow! What encounters! Thanks for sharing your story with us! Very well written!

That must have been one, sorry, two heck of an encounters your classmate and teacher had! It must have been weird for your teacher to actually be talking to a ghost! Awesome story and I liked the previous one of yours too! Thanks and I'm looking forward to more of your stories!

Biemaster

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: