You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shaggy Dog And Street Lights Are Confusing

Real Ghost Stories

Shaggy Dog And Street Lights Are Confusing

 

In the past I have been very skeptical about what is out there as I like to rationalize things. I have stories that have happened over the years, which has forced me to believe. People in my life attract other worldly attention, and I must accept this, I only hope to help. I, however, hold up a shield after attacks. When anything else happens to me, it tends to be calm, and brush it off.

What I have questions about is about an ex roommate and my best friend. Both of them attract attention.

While walking with two roommates one day on our way to our apartment, my one roommate kept commenting that a medium sized dog, black and white spotted, and shaggy was following us. It was unexpected to see that, and it was odd watching her eyes go around the hallway where it was. I admit, it cheered me up, being very attached to my dogs at home and missing them terribly. My other roommate, who didn't see it, just blew it off, saying it's just a dog! Other times, she would see it walk around the apartment, many times going into my room as I slept.

After experiencing roommate problems, being depressed, feeling betrayed, I had to leave that apartment building, but I am still friends with the two fore-mentioned roomies. I moved in to an old house by myself, very creepy, but comforting to me, I just have bat problems.

I had my best friend come over one night. He saw a dog fitting the description walking around town with us! I never told him about it before. I was excited because he isn't even friends with my roomie, and he wouldn't know. Twice after that, he saw the dog in the alley by my house. Now he sees it at his house in Indiana.

I have been friends with him for years, and lots of things have happened around us. One thing I find confusing, and I can't explain. When we drive or walk around at night, every time we walk by a light, or streetlight, it will go off. Not every time, it just happens so often. It would be bright then, just go out. Other people comment on it, too. I have put it off for so long as it just happens SO often.

For some reason I would like to add that I believe him to be an emotional vampire. He stays up for days at a time. Every time we hang out, the energy is drained from me. I'm talking about being awake a few hours, after being well rested, seeing him, then feeling very tired. My friend just goes and goes and goes.

I am confused that the dog is around people I know, and I haven't seen it. Also wonder why it appears to my friend, who prefers cats, and shuns dogs. As for now, these are the only things I'm starting to question.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bodoc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
That's very common, my mom does it all the time, even with a touch of her finger. Our bodies are filled with electricity, our atoms are constantly on overdrive, specially after a large carbohydrate-based meal (metabolism boosts up a lot of horsepower) or when hormones are kicking up (teenagers and pre-menopausic women). It really is amazing the way our body chemistry works.

Yes, I am a science geek... ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
**Raising my hand High**
I do, Lady Anne. As well as my five year old son.
Well, let me correct that a bit. I make them flicker.
My son makes them go completely out, then back on after he has passed.
Anyone else?
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
There are no coincidences. After thirty five years I find out my childrens' Godmother does this, too, turns off street lights! Would this, by an chance, be an approprite place to ask, just how many do this, or know of someone who does - regularly turn off street lights and the like?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
You know this dog did reminded me of a spirit guide. I think that Whitebuffalo is on the right track. But thge light thing I have know idea. To be honest it is the first time I heard about something like that. Dont get me wrong I believe in every word you said. Its just that I have no answer to this question. But it sure sounds scary. I hope you get some help with this one because I don't think I can help you here. But the "light" thing sure sounds scary. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
bodoc (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Thank you for the comments. It is a huge possibility that the dog may be my spirit guide and I am ignoring it, so thank you.

Also no one seems to interact with it, but he seems to respond to me even though I am not aware of it.

My friend is now taking lights off in the house, and having prominitions, then not able to remember them, I am worried about him.

Thank you for your comments
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
Sometimes, bodoc, our Guides show themselves in ways that we do not at first realize. This dog may have come to you in a different form, or invisibly. There are a few thoughts as to why, but the one that I personally subscribe to, is that we may not be able to handle the fact that they are our Guide at that point in time.
I am not saying that perhaps this dog would scare you. It is just a possibility that you may not feel you are in NEED of an Animal Guide. You may feel that you need a "better" Guide. You may feel that others will laugh at you. (I use "you" generically, encompassing all) Personally, I think a dog is a wonderful Guide (I, of course, think my chipmunk is as well), as they are loyal.
As for the electrical misfires. I seem to make lights flicker. The bulbs seem to be trying to burn out. It seems like by the time I notice it, and change the direction of my thoughts, they SHOULD have went out. When my thought pattern changes, the light goes back to normal.
It is possible that your friend MAY be an emotional vampire. I have known a few. Your friend may not even be aware that he is draining you. THAT is a very real possibility.
Thank you.
HazzardSyndrome (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
this is a brilliant story, it could be that the dog is some sort of guardian or spirit guide, maybe even a vessel for a soul of someone close to you? Has your friend or anyone else ever interacted with it or just seen it?

But anyway, really cool story, thanks for sharing:)

Hazz
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Hi Bowen, Thanks for sharing your story with us, as for the dog it might be there reassuring you that you are going to be okay, or it could be your spirit guide knowing how close you are to your dogs. Sorry I couldn't be of much help. Do you still see the dog? 😊
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
I stand corrected. I told David about this posting, and after he stoppped laughing, he said he turned one off again the other day. Hmmm...
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
Bowen, I truly had to laugh to read this. My other half, David, (a confirmed skeptic at that time) turns off street lights all the time, walking under neath them, parking the car at night under one. At first, it was funny, and we would joke about it. As the years went on, it was sobering to watch. Stunning. It was no longer funny.
About a month ago, while walking at night, I realized it had been a very, very long time since he turned off a light, actually years, and we had simply not noticed. (His 'skeptic' tattoo is wearing off these past few years, too.) It makes one truly wonder what abilities we can possess, and, lose.
As far as your friend's energy goes, there ARE people who drain others. Been there, done that. Would he be open to trying to understand how he does it, and refrain? Or, put up your shield? A strong, shiny white light aura fashion might help, but will also take your energy to maintain.
Best of luck, and thanks for sharing your story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: